• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fake twitter ITK bull

Superhudd

Justin Edinburgh
Who was it on here that said clubs were going to crack down on ITK crap on leaks of clubs business on twitter, and social networks.

Interesting read about whats going down with Liverpool FC, a member of RAWK and twitter ITK

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddbal...st-liverpool-300-000-in-fabio-borini-transfer

Hoax Twitter account 'cost Liverpool £300,000 over Fabio Borini transfer'

A hoax Twitter account claiming to be written by a journalist cost Liverpool £300,000 by inadvertently increasing the transfer fee for Fabio Borini.

@duncanjenkinsfc, a Twitter account with more than 37,000 followers, appeared to have insider information about Liverpool and correctly pre-empted the transfers of Borini and Nuri Sahin, as well as the appointment of Brendan Rodgers as manager.

However, the account was in fact set up by a man, known only as Sean, who has revealed that Liverpool's director of communications Jen Chang arranged a meeting with him to find out who the Anfield 'mole' was - despite the fact that there was none.

'He [Chang] went on to tell me that Duncan had cost the club money, specifically on the Borini deal,' said Sean.

'He told me Liverpool had been involved with difficult negotiations with Roma over the transfer of Borini.

'He claims Roma asked for absolute discretion from Liverpool, that if news of the proposed deal got out Roma's fans would be unhappy about the sale of a young Italian international. Talks were then concluded for the day.'

When @duncanjenkinsfc then tweeted that Borini could join Liverpool, Roma were so furious that they increased the fee by £300,000.

Sean added: '[Chang] said it was like promising to take your wife out for meal, only to have an argument before the meal, and by the time you'd made up with your wife you have to agree to take her to a more expensive restaurant.'

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=298771.0

http://duncanjenkins.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/such-little-thing-makes-such-big.html?m=1

Ok.. lock this, its already in the Liverpool thread.
Yes it is but I have all sympathy for you, mate.
This ridiculous merging of threads into 6 or 7 Megathreads is ridiculous.

We're you really expected to trawl through hundreds of pages of the Liverpool Uberthread just in case this had been mentioned?

Having said that...IBTL :p

We're you really expected to trawl through hundreds of pages of the Liverpool Uberthread just in case this had been mentioned?

TBH I didn't think of it as a Liverpool thing, as the title suggests, more a ITK twitter situation, so didn't read the last page of the Liverpool thread.

Re: What Is It About Liverpool...

There is a poster on here that said that clubs were going to start cracking down on ITK twitter trolls etc. Said it several times on the transfer thread.. cannot remember who though.

I guess this is the start of it.
Beware it seems, you set up flimflam account, they will hunt you down, and
out you.
It was Unknown and I believe it could well be the only way to eradicate these vermin from the current information exchange landscape.

Lying and posting false information without any factual proof/source = face the consequences.

You know it won't be. Come January some twerp will create an ITK teletext and say Spurs are signing Falcao then you'll get pages and pages on this forum of tactics and line ups with him on the team.

and why should it be the end?

ITK stuff is no less true than some of the stuff in the newspapers. It should be the end of newspapers if they are copying fake forum rubbish.

If they both stopped printing gonad*s that would be the best solution.

Well, no, but how many merged threads have you seen lately?
One or two obvious ones, granted, but following discussion on this earlier, we have stepped back considerably from doing this.

It was Unknown and I believe it could well be the only way to eradicate these vermin from the current information exchange landscape.

Lying and posting false information without any factual proof/source = face the consequences.

What is the difference between someone making stuff up and posting it on Twitter or a message board and journalists making stuff up and publishing it in a newspaper?

and why should it be the end?

ITK stuff is no less true than some of the stuff in the newspapers. It should be the end of newspapers if they are copying fake forum rubbish.

If they both stopped printing gonad*s that would be the best solution.

I agree.

The ITK nonsense can be annoying but it is essentially harmless fun.

If the blog story is true, we have a director of a football club threatening someone and his family. He had no evidence that there was a leak and threatened to ruin the guy's father's business. Again, I stress the if true bit, but this guy should be sacked and banned from being a director of a company.

The bit about the twitter statements costing the club money is nonsense. Do you really imagine that Roma are monitoring twitter and change the price because they see a tweet they don't like? Stories in a newspaper might make a difference, but if journalists pick up something from twitter and print it without corroboration then that is their responsibility, not the twitterer's.

Its also interesting that a director of the club thinks Liverpool fans are crazy and likely to put dog brick through people's letterboxes. So much for respecting the fans.

If the blog story is true, we have a director of a football club threatening someone and his family. He had no evidence that there was a leak and threatened to ruin the guy's father's business. Again, I stress the if true bit, but this guy should be sacked and banned from being a director of a company.

The bit about the twitter statements costing the club money is nonsense. Do you really imagine that Roma are monitoring twitter and change the price because they see a tweet they don't like? Stories in a newspaper might make a difference, but if journalists pick up something from twitter and print it without corroboration then that is their responsibility, not the twitterer's.

Its also interesting that a director of the club thinks Liverpool fans are crazy and likely to put dog brick through people's letterboxes. So much for respecting the fans.

The Director of Comms guy is actually a Liverpool fan. He was writing for Sports Illustrated in the states before coming over. It doesn't surprise me that being on the inside is not as superawesome as being a twitter fanboy of the club was.

What is the difference between someone making stuff up and posting it on Twitter or a message board and journalists making stuff up and publishing it in a newspaper?

A budget for legal advice

None - which why I believe editors need to restructure/reasses thier templates and put an end no no-source stories. That or clubs must sue for libel on every such headline

People pay for newspapers and there is an expectation that what is printed is true. If the newspapers print false information they are defrauding their customers.

I actually think it rare for journalists to invent something from nothing. Many with embellish a story and there will usually be some truth behind it or speculation will be mixed with a few quotes in a misleading way. Careful reading tends to reveal how much is news. There will be some journalists who invent stuff but I think a bigger problem is the headline writers taking bits of the speculation in the articles out of context.

That's why Jetset has to be careful about which info he releases and when.

Last edited:

Has there been any corroboration of the blog story. Surely Chang must fall on his sword if there is any truth to it.

Has there been any corroboration of the blog story. Surely Chang must fall on his sword if there is any truth to it.

Nothing yet. Liverpool have made no comment.

The press have picked up on it (Telegraph. Independent) but are just reporting it so far, e.g.

Liverpool director Chang caught up in ugly Twitter row with fan

Blogger claims communications chief threatened him after posts cost club £300k

Ian Herbert
Saturday 13 October 2012

Liverpool's communications director, Jen Chang, last night defended his position after he was accused by the user of a Twitter account of threatening him and his family and accusing him of costing the club £300,000 by tweeting news of striker Fabio Borini's signing.

Chang, who took up his position in June, pointed out that he has increased access to the club to bloggers and media supporter groups, with a dedicated session with the midfielder Lucas Leiva for them yesterday. But the user behind @duncanjenkinsfc account, whose real name is known by The Independent, claims Chang was infuriated when he ran transfer items, telling him when they eventually met that he would have "dog brick coming through your letterbox", would have to take his Facebook page down and "might even have to move house" because "football fans are crazy".

Chang did not comment on the claims, which he considers to be nonsense, nor on the issue of whether he met the anonymous writer. The club said they were aware of the allegations but had no statement to make.

The blogger claims Chang, a former Sports Illustrated writer contacted him on his private Twitter account in August after he tweeted through @duncanjenkinsfc that Nuri Sahin was certain to sign for Liverpool. Astonished that the executive had managed to establish his real identity, he claims Chang then told him that the cost of tracking him down had come from his budget – money that would otherwise have been spent on charitable projects for the disabled in Toxteth.

When a number of email exchanges led to a meeting in Manchester's central Deansgate, Chang said that Roma had asked for complete discretion over the Borini deal and that their distress about the tweet – which the blogger claims was based on a Liverpool Echo article – led them to up the fee. Chang told the blogger that the club's managing director Ian Ayre was aware of him. "He claimed Ian Ayre was well aware of Jenkins and that he hated him for making his life and transfer negotiations more difficult," the blogger alleges.

It was when Chang asked the blogger to issue a tweet denying any in-club contacts who had knowledge of Liverpool's transfer market that threats were attached, he claimed. "He told me that if I didn't tweet as requested… that he would hand over all of my info [from the dossier compiled by the people hired to find me] to… journalists and ask them to do their worst, to run smear stories on me in the tabloid press. He said 'they will make your life hell, and will turn all Liverpool supporters against you. The papers will say you cost the club you claim to love serious money, that you wilfully damaged the club'.

"'You know how crazy football fans are', he said, 'You'll have dog brick coming through your letterbox, you'll have to take your Facebook page down, you might even have to move house.' He then said the papers would also 'ruin your Dad's online business'."

Sounds like the journalist asked about the allegations and Chang refused to comment. If it's not true, I'm surprised he didn't deny it.

And I agree with you that, if true, he has to go. Either that or they can make tee-shirts although it might get confused for supporting the neighbours.

Back