• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabrice Muamba

Am I right in thinking that you live in Norway?

I have no idea what it is like to live in Norway.

But I do know what it has become to live in Britain. And the sad truth of the matter is that this country is now overrun by proliferating numbers of yobs who say and do what they please, without regard for any other human being. And the reason that they do so is that nothing is ever done to stop them.

What about the rest of us - the decent and silent majority? Do our rights not count? Are they somehow less important than the rights of racist scum?

Enough of this pandering to the selfish; the aggressors; those who fill the streets with menace; the hate filled; the inciters of hate; and the bullies. It's long past time that these people were shown that the way they behave is unacceptable and that there will be a price to pay if they persist.

=D>

I think people are being punished but in some cases prisons are overcrowded which means hypothetically to jail someone like this you might have to leave out someone who has actually physically assaulted someone. I think in many cases prison doesn't work and actually costs everyone else money while the offender learns little.

Well in that case lets build some more bloody prisons, we could use the money we spend on fighting illegal wars.

Read this earlier; wonderful news. Surprised this hasn't made bigger news really; it's quite a remarkable recovery if the time he wasn't breathing is true.

Good to see you there tonight fella :)

So much news these days is bad news, how great it is to see prayers answered. Hope he goes on to inspire more and more.

What he said was vile but I think 28 days prison time is OTT for being an obnoxious, drunken, provocative taco. He didn't physically hurt anyone and the only hatred he incited was against himself. Not defending him but if we all reacted and dignified absolutely outlandish statements by responding to them every time we read them there'd be even more rows on GG than there currently is. I bet there's not many people who use this board who haven't said and done incredibly stupid things when they're drunk in an attempt to wind somebody up or look big and clever at one time or another in their lives.

Someone used the old sticks and stones rhyme on here the other day and another poster responded with how vile abuse to your face can harm you and stay with you for a long time, I absolutely take that on board, but I don't buy that anyone was hurt by the vile ramblings of an drunken oaf on twitter who let his pushing of the envelope get out of control, angered and offended yes, but not hurt or traumatised. 28 days in the shovel on top of the loss of his further education, future job prospects and the possibility of daily hidings in the short term is disproportionate in my view. Shame, embarrassment and community pay back would have been far more fitting, jail time may have the opposite effect and create a sense of injustice that hardens his drunken ramblings into a genuine hatred.

All in my bumbling opinion of course.

On the money...

Muamba gets an honorary doctorate

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo.../Fabrice-Muamba-receives-honorary-degree.html

I was there that day he collapsed and it is one of the worst things i have ever seen but also great to see the way the fans responded.

Im glad he is getting better and he seems classy to give special praise to all the medical people that helped him. Sorry to make snide remarks but the way he has behaved makes me wonder if he really came through the arsenal set up cos he seems to classy.

Good lad.=D>

Sky Sources: Doctors tell Fabrice Muamba to retire from football - Bolton to make a statement shortly

Sky Sources: Doctors tell Fabrice Muamba to retire from football - Bolton to make a statement shortly

Yeah it's just been confirmed.

Real real shame. But obviously the doctors have to be trusted.

I hope Bolton keep him on in some capacity - whether it be ambassador, scout, whatever. But they should keep him involved with the club.

Sad to hear he has to retire - but I'm sure he counts himself lucky to be alive after what happened.
In that perspective, having to give up football is a small price to pay.

Bolton Midfielder Fabrice Muamba Retires Following Medical Advice

Midfielder retires after suffering cardiac arrest.

Bolton midfielder Fabrice Muamba has announced his retirement from football following medial advice.

The 24-year-old suffered a cardiac arrest on the pitch during last season's FA Cup quarter-final with Tottenham on 17 March.

Despite his heart stopping for over an hour, the former England under-21 international made a*miraculous*recovery and was given a standing ovation on the pitch when he returned to the Reebok Stadium six weeks later.

In a statement on the club's official website, Muamba admitted he was retiring reluctantly after being advised to hang up his boots by medical professionals.

"Since suffering my heart attack and being discharged from hospital, I have remained utterly positive in the belief I could one day resume my playing career and play for Bolton Wanderers once again.

"As part of my on-going recovery, last week I travelled to Belgium to seek further medical advice from a leading cardiologist. But the news I received was obviously not what I had hoped it would be and it means I am now announcing my retirement from professional football."

Muamba said he was lucky to be alive and paid tribute to the Bolton supporters.

"Football has been my life since I was a teenage boy and it has given me so many opportunities," he continued.

"Above all else, I love the game and count myself very lucky to have been able to play at the highest level. While the news is devastating, I have much to be thankful for. I thank GHod that I am alive and I pay tribute once again to the members of the medical team who never gave up on me.

"I would also like to thank everyone who has supported me throughout my career, and the Bolton fans who have been incredible. I am blessed to have the support of my family and friends at this time."

Bolton manager Owen Coyle backed Muambu for a prosperous career, saying:*"We know that he will go on to achieve great things and within all this disappointment, the most important thing is that he is here, alive, today."

Chairman*Phil Gartside added: "We are all hugely disappointed that Fabrice will be unable to return to his playing career but we have to be guided by the medical recommendations and the best interests of Fabrice."

Do you think bolton will keep him on in some role? I hope they do, poor guy. Must be glad he's alive though, seems like such a lovely fella aswell.

Back