• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FA Cup Thread

paxtonwolf

Clive Allen
This time tomorrow one of my favourite parts of the season

Who would you like?
and
Who do you think we'll get?

Obviously would love a lower league side at home (winner of Grimsby and Northampton will do), but after 6 consecutive home draws in the 3rd round, have a feeling we will get drawn away. Have a bad feeling we're going back to Goodison

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round Draw

MK Dons away would be great for me. Or any ground which i haven't been to, which takes a decent number of away fans.
Not St James though, think Noocastle away would not be good news.

Me too. Only 25 miles from where I live.

Plenty of local venues for us that I could live with if we have to get drawn away
Rochdale,Macclesfield,Preston,Fleetwood? Through in the ex-Prem trio of Blackburn,Wigan and Bolton.

Actually Rochdale is def my favoured draw home or away not bothered either way

Not into that malarkey but it's the one London derby of any sort of rivalry which we haven't had in years.

Tbh I'd rather it stay that way. Let them draw West Ham or QPR. I would say Chelsea, but we all know they are getting Kidderminster Harriers at home

Manchester United

Funnily enough in the days we I played Championship Manager, we always seemed to draw a team we were playing the match before or match after the 3rd and 4th round ties.
Throw in a potential 2-legged League Cup semi-final too in early Jan, and a cup replay if we drew them in the FA cup too. We could feasibly play them 5 times in 3 weeks next month, long shot though and all pie-in-the-sky

Teddy and Charlie Sheringham will become the first father and son duo to make the draw for The FA Cup when they pick out the Third Round ties this weekend.

As the big guns from the Premier League and Championship enter the fray, the Sheringhams will conduct proceedings at Wembley Stadium on Sunday afternoon.

The pair have both enjoyed success in FA Cup competitions.

Teddy was a winner of The Cup in 1999, scoring for Manchester United in a 2-0 Final win over Saudi Sportswashing Machine at Wembley. He also scored eleven goals in 51 appearances for England.

And Charlie was part of the Ipswich Town side that lifted The FA Youth Cup in 2005 following a 3-2 aggregate win over Southampton in the Final.

After leaving Portman Road, Sheringham Jnr went on to play for series of clubs including Crystal Palace, Welling United, Dartford and AFC Bournemouth. He now plies his trade with League Two side AFC Wimbledon.

They'll draw out the balls for all 32 Third Round matches, which will be played over the first weekend of 2014.

The draw will take place at around 4pm on Sunday 8 December following the Tamworth v Bristol City Second Round tie which is live on TheFA.com

Which numbers are you keeping a lookout for? Here's the full list...

1 AFC Bournemouth
2 Arsenal
3 Aston Villa
4 Barnsley
5 Birmingham City
6 Blackburn Rovers
7 Blackpool
8 Bolton Wanderers
9 Brighton & Hove Albion
10 Burnley
11 Cardiff City
12 Charlton Athletic
13 Chelsea
14 Crystal Palace
15 Derby County
16 Doncaster Rovers
17 Everton
18 Fulham
19 Huddersfield Town
20 Hull City
21 Ipswich Town
22 Leeds United
23 Leicester City
24 Liverpool
25 Emirates Marketing Project
26 Manchester United
27 Middlesbrough
28 Millwall
29 Saudi Sportswashing Machine
30 Norwich City
31 Nottingham Forest
32 Queens Park Rangers
33 Reading
34 Sheffield Wednesday
35 Southampton
36 Stoke City
37 Sunderland
38 Swansea City
39 Tottenham Hotspur
40 Watford
41 West Bromwich Albion
42 West Ham United
43 Wigan Athletic
44 Yeovil Town
45 Cambridge United or Sheffield United
46 Wycombe Wanderers or Preston North End
47 Port Vale or Salisbury City
48 Bristol Rovers or Crawley Town
49 Milton Keynes Dons or Dover Athletic
50 Carlisle United or Brentford
51 Macclesfield Town or Brackley Town
52 Chesterfield or Southend United
53 Oldham Athletic or Mansfield Town
54 Rotherham United or Rochdale
55 Peterborough United or Tranmere Rovers
56 Hartlepool United or Coventry City
57 Kidderminster Harriers or Newport County
58 Plymouth Argyle or Welling United
59 Wrexham or Oxford United
60 Fleetwood Town or Burton Albion
61 Grimsby Town or Northampton Town
62 Leyton Orient or Walsall
63 Tamworth or Bristol City
64 Stevenage or Stourbridge

http://www.thefa.com/news/the-fa-cup/2013/dec/fa-cup-third-round-draw-preview

Millwall please we haven't played them well I can't even remember London derby good atmosphere etc perfect draw for me

After yesterday Sunderland, wouldn't mind playing them every week! Rather get them than a decent championship side.

Back