• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FA Cup Semi Final OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur FC v Manchester United***

You off then? Because nothing will alter club wise...
Because we have not got £400m to spend. Also if Pochettino leaves this summer which is 50/50 Imho I cannot see that improving the situation.

It will alter as we will have a lot more funds for transfers and wages going forward.

We need to address the full back issue and the long term replacement for dembele.

I think Poch has a couple of years now with the above tools to bring in some silverware - if he's unlucky in a semi or a final then fair enough but if we lose again and again like that in do or die games where we freeze, then in a couple of years we need to hire an allegri, ancelloti type and see how that goes.

Thats not true a all.....Arse have had a ton of criticism over the years for Wenger and his top 4 trophy is all that matters policy. Their fans and media have been saying Wenger has been failing by not seriously challenging for the title

Since the days of their budget constraints yes but at the time and even since that period is held up as Wenger doing a fantastic job on a tight budget

It will alter as we will have a lot more funds for transfers and wages going forward.

We need to address the full back issue and the long term replacement for dembele.

I think Poch has a couple of years now with the above tools to bring in some silverware - if he's unlucky in a semi or a final then fair enough but if we lose again and again like that in do or die games where we freeze, then in a couple of years we need to hire an allegri, ancelloti type and see how that goes.

Poch: I'm unsure.
Can we go too much further with the guy?
He has ticked so many boxes bless him.....but it's why I want Spurs to act and not react when it's too late.

EDIT Nothing to do with yesterday in isolation...

He has ticked so many boxes bless him.....but it's why I want Spurs to act and not react when it's too late.

What are the chances of anyone doing better, that's what you have to ask yourself - up agsinst 5 clubs with money to burn whilst balancing the books on transfers and having far and away the lowest wage budget of the top 6 - if anyone improved on where we are at the moment id be very very surprised

I still think we can win things with him but we need to improve the team to help with that.

I still think we were very unfortunate in the semi last year and against Juve earlier in the season.

My doubts have only very recently arisen. Since the Emirates Marketing Project game actually where the tactics used were deeply alarming, it was so very obvious what we had to do that day yet we proceeded to do the opposite - I found that incredibly alarming and then Brighton was also very poor and then yesterday.

To start so well and then freeze when they get a goal is just baffling.

So for me it's only this little run that has started to concern me and I'm only saying he should go if we see similar occurring over the next 2 seasons.

I'm confident with the right investment we will win things with Poch and he'll be here for a long long time.

But I hope he is looking at himself for those abomination of tactics against Emirates Marketing Project and why the players froze yesterday at 1-1.

Ah here. You were the one preaching common sense yesterday and now you’re questioning Poch?

This HURT, and big time.
We had them by the throat and let them off the hook.
There was a moment just before they scored when in the middle of the pitch Dembele had the whole pitch in front of him to play a pass and launch a counter and instead tried a sideways flick to dele that led to a scramble, I knew then we wouldn't win.
We need to be more ruthless, we dominate go one up and play like a bunch of showboating pansies, some players believe the hype and some just want to look good.

We are becoming all style and no substance.

That ref was awful, allowed utd to do what they wanted, how Valencia stayed on the pitch is shocking. Matic was constantly pulling shirts yet nothing done.

Lastly, guy Mowbray, was probably the worst most biased commentary I've ever heard. That was cringy, I missed most of the half time punditry but that was also GHod fudging awful.

This HURT, and big time.
We had them by the throat and let them off the hook.
There was a moment just before they scored when in the middle of the pitch Dembele had the whole pitch in front of him to play a pass and launch a counter and instead tried a sideways flick to dele that led to a scramble, I knew then we wouldn't win.
We need to be more ruthless, we dominate go one up and play like a bunch of showboating pansies, some players believe the hype and some just want to look good.

We are becoming all style and no substance.

That ref was awful, allowed utd to do what they wanted, how Valencia stayed on the pitch is shocking. Matic was constantly pulling shirts yet nothing done.

Lastly, guy Mowbray, was probably the worst most biased commentary I've ever heard. That was cringy, I missed most of the half time punditry but that was also GHod fudging awful.

The pull he did on Alli was a yellow and then a red
Mou knew it so hauled him off
Poor refereeing

The pull he did on Alli was a yellow and then a red
Mou knew it so hauled him off
Poor refereeing

He should have been off for the two footed over the ball studs up tackle in the first half.
Everything about that tackle was a red card.
What happened to VAR there? After the debacle we had in the earlier rounds I can't believe that wasn't looked at.
For the sake of my blood pressure and sanity I have kept away from the press and reports, was the ref even mentioned?

What are the chances of anyone doing better, that's what you have to ask yourself - up agsinst 5 clubs with money to burn whilst balancing the books on transfers and having far and away the lowest wage budget of the top 6 - if anyone improved on where we are at the moment id be very very surprised

Atm I agree. But I don't think we should not keep having the conversation.
I am less sure of him due the recurring motivational inconsistancys with the slow starts.

It's 8 times out of 8. It's a horrendous statistic no matter what way you look at it.

It's just another media lheadline and means very little except if your a pundit in front of the cameras.
Its like winning at Stanford Bridge it's a headlin. Fans lap it up!

Ah here. You were the one preaching common sense yesterday and now you’re questioning Poch?

Nothing or little to do with yesterday in isolation.
More reflects on my annoyance with the City games .....which was soul destroying to watch and Poch had little answer.

Last edited:
I still think we can win things with him but we need to improve the team to help with that.

I still think we were very unfortunate in the semi last year and against Juve earlier in the season.

My doubts have only very recently arisen. Since the Emirates Marketing Project game actually where the tactics used were deeply alarming, it was so very obvious what we had to do that day yet we proceeded to do the opposite - I found that incredibly alarming and then Brighton was also very poor and then yesterday.

To start so well and then freeze when they get a goal is just baffling.

So for me it's only this little run that has started to concern me and I'm only saying he should go if we see similar occurring over the next 2 seasons.

I'm confident with the right investment we will win things with Poch and he'll be here for a long long time.

But I hope he is looking at himself for those abomination of tactics against Emirates Marketing Project and why the players froze yesterday at 1-1.

Yesterday first. Great start (loved the goal). Kane for me has a problem. He says he's fine but I'm not convinced and he might has well gone off after 30 min and in honesty I would not have started him, it was like having a player sent off for the vast majority of the second half. Dembele? Great but not good fitness wise. Needs an under study next season IMHO.

I hope also Pochettino is looking at himself regarding the City games in particular and Juve at home, West Ham league cup debacle. I don't want see Poch go anywhere but I also think he must be challenged to improve and it not turn into a vertual love in then he buggers off to Chelsea or the like.

Just got home. As others have said it's going to take a while to get over this. I went to the back to back games against City and Utd, scared to count the cost! I was refusing to allow myself to get remotely excited for the semi final, but a couple of beers in the fan zone and spectating a bit of argy bargy as the Utd fans went past, got me up for it a bit. Mistake - a thought popped into my head about the final when Dele scored. Atmosphere up until they equalized was electric, then "pop", flat.

To compound matters I stayed in The Arch, which was designated for Utd. Had to sneak in and out. They were as loud as fudge in the beer garden after the game, until thankfully it rained and they fudged off.

Really fed up with Wembley now - been to the 1993, 2012, 2017, 2018 semis and 2015 LC Final. I was there in '91, which is probably the most glorious game that I've attended. I'm telling myself that that's me finished with big Wembley occasions, but I'm sure I'll be back.

As to the game. "If" Poch had palyed Hugo, and three at the back - Verts, Sanchez and Toby, they would never have scored. Then again it probably would have ended 0-0, with them winning on pens!
I haven't been able to watch the game again, but Herrera and Valencia got away with murder. Valencia should have had the second yellow and the fact that Herrera wasn't booked until the 87th minute was a joke. Taylor was showing yellows to us like confetti.

As to the game. "If" Poch had palyed Hugo, and three at the back - Verts, Sanchez and Toby, they would never have scored. Then again it probably would have ended 0-0, with them winning on pens!
I haven't been able to watch the game again, but Herrera and Valencia got away with murder. Valencia should have had the second yellow and the fact that Herrera wasn't booked until the 87th minute was a joke. Taylor was showing yellows to us like confetti.

Rather amazing that the ref has been overlooked. Is it any wonder no British refs aren't going to the world cup.
As for VAR that's a fudging joke. If lamela can get a goal chopped of for llorente foul then why Valencia can't be sent off is a disgrace. If dele had made that tackle it would have allover the back pages today.

As I mentioned in my posts. A Manchester ref officiating a United semi-final was always looking a recipe for disaster for us, but although I said it was not the reason we lost, he didnt help the situation.
At one point he gave them a free-kick deep in our half and I had visions of him getting on the end of it and making it 3-1

Rather amazing that the ref has been overlooked. Is it any wonder no British refs aren't going to the world cup.
As for VAR that's a fudging joke. If lamela can get a goal chopped of for llorente foul then why Valencia can't be sent off is a disgrace. If dele had made that tackle it would have allover the back page of the Liverpool Echo today.

FTFY

Back