• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FA Considering Selling Wembley

Can you be more specific?
Wikipedia tells me, Lake Havasu City. Dismantle, use first XI as beast of burden to carry it all the way over there, chuck it all off London Bridge into the canal.

Now if you don't mind I'm off to get on the next thing smokin', I need to find Tom Russell and lecture him on train track safety as he clearly didn't see the same public safety films as a youth as I did.

It’s still ‘new’ Wembley and with the project overruns and having semi finals there has taken away the mystique of playing (us and Goons using it have added to that. Let the yank have it with lots of planning restrictions but let the footy team play all round the country, then when the self serving blazers visit our cheese room they’ll want to play every game at the MegaLane. Considering we supply half the first team it makes sense all round.

Whole thing looks corrupt. Such a short termist view for the future of English football. Far better to have the stadium generating long term revenue for grass roots football, rather than servicing Fullham. I guess Craig is not on Shahid's Christmas card list anymore :)

Of course its corrupt. The whole thing reeks of what happened to Portsmouth a decade or so ago

If the FA sell their only asset, they make themselves irrelevant. They just become a dozen 80-something committee members in blazers, and a bit of silverware with Lineker ears.

NFL is playing 3 games at Wembley over the next 3 weeks..."that's 250,000 bums on seats, each paying between £50 and £500 a head, bringing in £25m in gate receipts. And while some will be enjoying the jumbo-finger-waving, XXL-jersey-over-hoodie-wearing, Lite-beer-slurping experience for the first time, a record 47,000 hardcore fans have bought a season ticket to all three London games."

The FA are really badly run aren't they? Put the share of the gate to one side, just the revenue from food and drinks for a quarter of a million fans, must equate to huge sums for grass roots footie. WIth the FAs share of gate as well, 3 games must make them 8 figure sums. Yet they can't monitize Wembely for long term investment into grass roots? Fools.

Last edited:
Wembley generated £35M in revenue in 2015-16 and had been rising at circa 10% year on year. So its probably not far off £45M pa now. They have debt of £142M to clear within 6 years at £23M a year which includes the debt interest. So in 6 years time Wembley will be generating £50M plus a year for Wembley in revenues, plus they'll not be paying out £23M in mortgage repayments.... I just don't see the logic of selling when you are so close to paying off the debt, and can potentially then look to finance 'grass roots'.

NFL is playing 3 games at Wembley over the next 3 weeks..."that's 250,000 bums on seats, each paying between £50 and £500 a head, bringing in £25m in gate receipts. And while some will be enjoying the jumbo-finger-waving, XXL-jersey-over-hoodie-wearing, Lite-beer-slurping experience for the first time, a record 47,000 hardcore fans have bought a season ticket to all three London games."

The FA are really badly run aren't they? Put the share of the gate to one side, just the revenue from food and drinks for a quarter of a million fans, must equate to huge sums for grass roots footie. WIth the FAs share of gate as well, 3 games must make them 8 figure sums. Yet they can't monitize Wembely for long term investment into grass roots? Fools.
Wont the NFL get the majority of the gate receipts and food revenue? I would have thought that the NFL just pay the fee to rent the stadium and a fee to run the concessions - the NFL will not be letting Wembley take most of the profit would they? (I imagine the NFL run a tough negotiation - they don't like paying for things, also makes me wonder how much it will be worth to us, I thought the real value for spurs would be increase in exposure & cost of naming rights over cash value).

Wont the NFL get the majority of the gate receipts and food revenue? I would have thought that the NFL just pay the fee to rent the stadium and a fee to run the concessions - the NFL will not be letting Wembley take most of the profit would they? (I imagine the NFL run a tough negotiation - they don't like paying for things, also makes me wonder how much it will be worth to us, I thought the real value for spurs would be increase in exposure & cost of naming rights over cash value).

When you're talking about circa $50,000,000 there is enough to go round. It's a huge sum considering its for 3 games lasting a couple of hours. Even if Wembley only get 1/5 it's significant money that could be spent on grass roots. And they should be seeing £10m+ from the arrangment you'd have thought. Probably around £15-20m I'd guess, but of course the overheads need to be taken into account.

Wembley generated £35M in revenue in 2015-16 and had been rising at circa 10% year on year. So its probably not far off £45M pa now. They have debt of £142M to clear within 6 years at £23M a year which includes the debt interest. So in 6 years time Wembley will be generating £50M plus a year for Wembley in revenues, plus they'll not be paying out £23M in mortgage repayments.... I just don't see the logic of selling when you are so close to paying off the debt, and can potentially then look to finance 'grass roots'.
Do you have details on cashflow (not including the debt repayments) what's the profit margin like?

Do you have details on cashflow (not including the debt repayments) what's the profit margin like?
No, sorry, I just got those numbers from a PDF of the 2016 accounts... it's quite difficult to split the income purely from Wembley from the rest of the FA's income I'm afriad

No, sorry, I just got those numbers from a PDF of the 2016 accounts... it's quite difficult to split the income purely from Wembley from the rest of the FA's income I'm afriad
Ta, wouldn't put it past the FA to not be the most efficient so the high revenue, looking at this perhaps your numbers are profit

https://www.iq-mag.net/2017/02/wembley-concerts-boost-record-fa-revenue/#.W8SDEXrTWyU
The Football Association (FA), the owner of Wembley Stadium in London, posted record revenue of £370 million in the 2015–2016 financial year, bolstered by a packed events calendar at the 90,000-cap. stadium.

Turnover in the year ending 31 July 2016 grew 16.4%, from £318m in 2014–15, while the FA made an after-tax profit of £7m, compared to a £9m loss in the preceding 12 months.

The Football Association (FA), the owner of Wembley Stadium in London, posted record revenue of £370 million in the 2015–2016 financial year, bolstered by a packed events calendar at the 90,000-cap. stadium.

Turnover in the year ending 31 July 2016 grew 16.4%, from £318m in 2014–15, while the FA made an after-tax profit of £7m, compared to a £9m loss in the preceding 12 months.

That will be the fines for my defensive indiscretions. Bastards

Back