• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

F.A statement on the word "yid"

Has the time come for us stop chanting the Y-word?

• Yes

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • No

Votes: 101 91.0%

• Total voters
I once got rejected by a girl named Chelsea, now whenever I hear the name my feelings get hurt. I expect something to be done about this FA.

I really don't like the "we'll sing what we want chant"; it just feels wrong. Like we're saying "we don't care if what we sing is offensive". Wouldn't be out of place at at Chelsea match being screamed by a couple of Danny Dyer lookalikes.

I really don't like the "we'll sing what we want chant"; it just feels wrong. Like we're saying "we don't care if what we sing is offensive". Wouldn't be out of place at at Chelsea match being screamed by a couple of Danny Dyer lookalikes.

This sounds like a good new chant.

Isn't the main thing context? Saying "yids" to mean tottenham supporters is surely totally different from saying it in a derogatory way to a jewish person.

But it's futile to even pick faults in the argument. Greg Dyke probably doesn't care or even have an interest in finding out the full details, just a cheap PR stunt he thought up while thinking "What can I say when I'm head of the FA to make it look like I know what I'm doing".

I love how everyone who criticises us for using the term "yid" assumes we are making it worse by singing it and all the other London clubs will just magically stop saying it to us if we stop. That's the answer, we stop saying it, Chelscum, West Ham and scum stop singing it, simple as that. Reminds me of the idiotic arguement that legalising drugs would root out all of the world's drugs dealers. Yeah like the Mexican/Colombian drug cartels would go legit overnight just because drugs would be legal.

Greg Dyke has probably been going through all the things that has been on the FA's desk this past year and is probably trying to make a statement that he is head of the FA.

I'd imagine that Daniel Levy will send him a nice message accompanied with the Police report and tell him where to shove his attention seeking leadership willy wagging hopefully ending said message YID ARMY FOEVER as he seemingly has done recently with others in recent past.

I love how everyone who criticises us for using the term "yid" assumes we are making it worse by singing it and all the other London clubs will just magically stop saying it to us if we stop. That's the answer, we stop saying it, Chelscum, West Ham and scum stop singing it, simple as that. Reminds me of the idiotic arguement that legalising drugs would root out all of the world's drugs dealers. Yeah like the Mexican/Colombian drug cartels would go legit overnight just because drugs would be legal.

They wouldn't "go legit" by choice, their market would dry up. Why buy drugs off some shady guy on the corner when you can get it cheaper, with higher quality assurance from a mass production pharmacy?

They wouldn't "go legit" by choice, their market would dry up. Why buy drugs off some shady guy on the corner when you can get it cheaper, with higher quality assurance from a mass production pharmacy?

I'm sure they would find other illegal means to make money that was the point.

Like cigarettes, booze, medicine, clothing?! There will always be a market for cheaper products, and people don't seem to care what they put in there body. All they would have to do is counterfeit the good stuffs packaging.

Like cigarettes, booze, medicine, clothing?! There will always be a market for cheaper products, and people don't seem to care what they put in there body. All they would have to do is counterfeit the good stuffs packaging.

It might not totally eliminate the market, but it would significantly hurt it. Look at the market for illegal alcohol before and after prohibition, night and day.

What if there was a huge prolonged chant of Yid Army at the next match. Then every Spurs fan turns themselves in to the police, confessing to the alleged crime. Tens of thousands of trivial cases tying up the courts for decades. If the police chose expediency and stayed charges, other Spurs fans could appeal and demand prosecution.

Ol' 'Diesel' Dyke* should be careful what he wishes for.

*Can I call him that? Fair cop. He's rolling mindlessly along like a big diesel locotomotive. What'd you think I meant?

**** me.

How much time, money and effort has been wasted on this bull****. People need to grow the **** up or **** off. Its so sad and pathetic that this has become an issue. Racism is racism but seriously draw the ****ing line.
Why have the FA dragged it up again? Why is this effort and money not being spent on something important. ****ing bunch of clowns. They really are robbing a living!!!

Because your first post/debut was brilliant, but since then it's been utter tosh

Is that seriously what those names are? Our player comparisons?

So in your case despite a lot of hype you are ultimately a bit if a disappointment.

;)

Because your first post/debut was brilliant, but since then it's been utter tosh

:ross:

This Dyke is an utter cnut, by the way.

I appreciate a proper fight against racism, but this is just ridiculous. I think if you ask anyone with an IQ above 45, they'll agree that malicious hissing noises or songs about Auzwitch (sp) is in a completely different league to reclaiming an expression from the racists, and using it as your own.

But what else can you expect from FA, whose initials are a clear indicator of what they are doing to rectify the issues that are really wrong with the modern game: **** All.

If anything, our use of the yid chant is breaking down social barriers and misconceptions, not creating tension or division.

The FA are ****ing so backwards, it's scary.

they would go legit by choice, the new legal companies would hire them all on massive wages for their expertise

Back