• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Everton

There is no way you can say Fellaini is a DM. Even as a DM, Sandro tinkles all over him.

I know, pretty groundbreaking stuff. Considering writing up an, possibly a book...

Just wanted to add the perspective of what they would be a threat to. Do you see Everton finishing ahead of any of those 4 teams?

If Giroud doesn't start being more consistent then Arsenal.

Carzola is good, but any team will find it challenging to get into the top four without a 20 goal a season striker.

Fellaini started off as DM/CM at the beginning and Sandro doesn't tinkle over anything

He hardly ever plays defensive. He has a good engine, he's more box to box, stays more attacking than he does defending anyway and so he should, he's a danger. I would much rather have Sandro although a Belgian couple of Fellaini/Dembele would be nice with Sandro mopping up behind them.

This topic to my mind, is as relevant as mindthe gap last year. Far too early to ascertain, were not notlob and another going great guns till they faltered mid season last year and before ? Look to our own i say, no doubt tho moyes's first team are good, but no better than us.

We have a lot of work ahead of us this season. So too the toffees, and moyes'll know that all too well, his squad is still too thin imo.

not suggesting that they are the same level, but I remember MOTD pushing a claim for Stoke to make top 4 last season at a similar stage of the season!

Everton are looking good at the moment, but as others have said, there's at least 4 teams better than them and that's not including ourselves or Saudi Sportswashing Machine who drew at Everton already this season.

not suggesting that they are the same level, but I remember MOTD pushing a claim for Stoke to make top 4 last season at a similar stage of the season!

Everton are looking good at the moment, but as others have said, there's at least 4 teams better than them and that's not including ourselves or Saudi Sportswashing Machine who drew at Everton already this season.

I think West Brom are the last season Stoke in that case, they're looking good though.

Yeah, obviously very early days still.

Everton do have some history of performing well, they have a solid, settled squad, no European competition to worry about and some very good players along with a good manager.

Quite a bit more likely to go on a run than Stoke were last season.

Carzola is good, but any team will find it challenging to get into the top four without a 20 goal a season striker.

Obviously hope so, but I'm not sure if I buy that argument, historically there haven't been more than 1-2 players scoring 20+ in the league all that often. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Premier_League_goal_scorers_by_season)

You should have course argue that it's closer and tougher at the top this season and so it will be necessary. I'm not sure if we will have a 20+ scorer this season, and not sure Jelavic will score that many either although he might come close.

Obviously hope so, but I'm not sure if I buy that argument, historically there haven't been more than 1-2 players scoring 20+ in the league all that often. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Premier_League_goal_scorers_by_season)

You should have course argue that it's closer and tougher at the top this season and so it will be necessary. I'm not sure if we will have a 20+ scorer this season, and not sure Jelavic will score that many either although he might come close.

Well the number may be refuted, but the intent is still there. From what i've seen thus far i think Jelavic is far more likely to succeed than Giroud is.

As will the other top 5-6 teams. Liverpool are an oddity. Suarez may get there through sheer number of chances created, his conversion rate is horrific though.

Edit: Though that opinion is based upon his PL performances thus far, not his time in france.

Last edited:
They've had a brilliant start, yet they're on the same amount of points as Turmoil Tottenham. Next.

There is no way you can say Fellaini is a DM. Even as a DM, Sandro tinkles all over him.

dont know about tinkles but i agree that fellaini is no longer a DM, not even close...and when he was defensively sandro would be better than him.

fellaini was / is a very aggressive and dirty player....that was pretty much his biggest strength. he was decent enough as an all action mid playing as a DM but not amazing. i personally tink that sandro is top class as in his defensive responsibilities .....just that technically he is lacking alot.

Goodbye Fellani, goodbye top five.
Three weeks plus however long needed to get back match fitness is not good.
Though at least it's an international break for them.

Goodbye Fellani, goodbye top five.
Three weeks plus however long needed to get back match fitness is not good.
Though at least it's an international break for them.

QPR next for them, 3 easy points, then I have no doubt he'll be back for the Mersyside Derby, if not, that is a big game for them and a test of there credentials.

He hardly ever plays defensive. He has a good engine, he's more box to box, stays more attacking than he does defending anyway and so he should, he's a danger. I would much rather have Sandro although a Belgian couple of Fellaini/Dembele would be nice with Sandro mopping up behind them.

I like to bathe in custard.

Fellaini is a beast of a player and even more so when you think that he has central defence, central midfield and as a centre forward in the Premiership for Everton.

If there's one thing Moyes is good at it's rolling over for Liverpool.

I think that you do him a massive disservice, his teams are always set up well and play better than the sum of its parts. He can also spot a bargain and players obviously like playing for him because they seem to consistently hold onto them for a season or two longer than most clubs would manage.

In what world is Fellaini a DM? he's a box to box combatitive cm.

Anyway Everton have been awesome this season and i'm the least bit surprised.

They will get in the top 4 because of their manager and their mentality. They really did have a poor squad last season IMO and they still managed 3rd. I think it's similar to the way United haven't been at their best since Ronaldo left, they've managed to remain successful purely because they are Man United and because of Fergie.

Back