• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Everton

Everton's first team are more than capable of giving any of the top sides a game. They beat ManUre in the first game this season. Moyes has uncovered a few gems again. Baines and Piennar give an object lesson on how to work together (are you watching Walker and Lennon?). Jelavic mostly stays onside and finishes a high percentage of his chances (Defoe please note) and Fellaini is a real weapon (although now out injured apparently).

Although I suspect they will be up and around 4th spot, it really depends on whether they can keep their key players fit.

Would Baines, Piennar, Jelavic and Fellaini be more of a loss to them than Bale, Lennon, Dembele and Ade be to us?

what they do have is jelavic who looks like he may score 20 goals for them this season. if he gets injured they dont have too many reliable strikers. but then again neither do we!

A possible dent in Everton's hopes...

Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini will be out for three weeks with a knee injury, according to the Belgian Football Association.

The 24-year-old picked up the knock in Saturday's Premier League game against Wigan, but nevertheless travelled to meet up with his national team who face matches against Serbia and Scotland in the coming days.

A scan has shown the injury is worse than first thought, though, and he now faces a period on the sidelines.

A statement on the Belgian FA's website read: "Fellaini suffered a small tear at the juncture of muscle and tendon in the knee. The injury was revealed during a scan.

"Fellaini was injured last Saturday during the match between his club Everton and Wigan Athletic. He will be out three weeks.

"It has been agreed with his club Everton FC he will rehabilitate in Belgium during this period."

thanks for this, he'll need to come out of my dream team then

what they do have is jelavic who looks like he may score 20 goals for them this season. if he gets injured they dont have too many reliable strikers. but then again neither do we!

you say this but they have managed without him while he was injured

For 4th? Not as much of a threat as the Manchester teams, Chelsea and Arsenal. We have to finish ahead of at least one of these teams to get into the top 4. Will Everton get ahead of one of these teams as well? I doubt it personally, although it's not impossible. They have some very good things going for them.

For 4th? Not as much of a threat as the Manchester teams, Chelsea and Arsenal. We have to finish ahead of at least one of these teams to get into the top 4. Will Everton get ahead of one of these teams as well? I doubt it personally, although it's not impossible. They have some very good things going for them.

This is a good point. Chelsea had a terrible league campaign last year and it doesnt look like they will fall outside the top four this year. the only real hope is that arsenal falter and possibly dare i say man utd (very unlikely). It looks like we will struggle to finish top four but we have to keep pace with arsenal. realistically we have to beat chelsea at home to stay in the hunt.

everton will struggle to finish top four just as much as we will

We have to finish ahead of 1 of four teams to get into the top four?

Madness!

Very little - most of the time they either start well and fade off or start poorly and pick up after Christmas.

This season appears to be the former to they should be well safe in 8th place by the end of April, imv

Agree with this. If we are good enough to challenge for top four, Everton shouldn't be a threat.

However, they could well be a threat to us for top five or top six.

A possible dent in Everton's hopes...

Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini will be out for three weeks with a knee injury, according to the Belgian Football Association.

The 24-year-old picked up the knock in Saturday's Premier League game against Wigan, but nevertheless travelled to meet up with his national team who face matches against Serbia and Scotland in the coming days.

A scan has shown the injury is worse than first thought, though, and he now faces a period on the sidelines.

A statement on the Belgian FA's website read: "Fellaini suffered a small tear at the juncture of muscle and tendon in the knee. The injury was revealed during a scan.

"Fellaini was injured last Saturday during the match between his club Everton and Wigan Athletic. He will be out three weeks.

"It has been agreed with his club Everton FC he will rehabilitate in Belgium during this period."

Fellaini is only 24?!? I thought the guy was at least 30. He seems to have been around for ages.

Let's buy him.

Very dangerous team.

LIke the poster above, I feel they are a threat, but sadly to 5th place rather than top-4, which I feel will be very difficult to get into. Basically for me early on, Chelsea look very strong, as do City. Man Utd will always be up there and very strong mentally as well as in terms of their squad (yes, we beat them but Fergie's team selection in that game was a bad mistake - they comfortably walked over Saudi Sportswashing Machine at St James with a more balanced team out) and Arsenal look a better balanced unit this year and not so reliant on one player. They will also have Wheelchair soon to come back, who if he hasn't suffered too much due to injury really drives them forward.

Behind this there is the chasing pack, headed by us, but I feel will likely include Everton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine once again. I feel these 3 teams will be hoping for a poor season from one of the first four mentioned teams.

I feel all 3 of us will just miss out and really it will come down to luck with form and injuries as to who will finish from 5th-7th.

Very tough year this year with lots of good teams. The Premiership now is like Serie A was in the 90s with 7 or 8 very strong teams at the top that can all take points off each other, although only 2 or 3 are likely to be really in the title race.

I feel Arsenal are the weakest of the top 4 teams I mentioned and if anyone is likely to drop out it would be them. We have to try and keep ourselves up there to take advantage of that, but I feel Everton could equally be the ones that could grab that opportunity.

Yes, their squad may be thin, but other than Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project who can afford to spend £20m on someone that doesn't start every game, everyone else is in the same position in that they would struggle if one of the spine of their team was out for a significant period.

Everton are 0 threat. They will have their own little battle with Saudi Sportswashing Machine and possibly Liverpool for the 6th, 7th and 8th spots.

I think their first 11 is very good, but I think they still lack squad depth to finish top 4. They remind me of the Villa team 3 or 4 seasons ago that was similar in terms of quality in their first 11 but they simply tired and ran out of steam towards the end of the season.

Moyes has done an excellent job in the transfer market, I really like the look of that Mirallas they bought as well.

They're only superior at

- Left Back
- DM (no by much and hopefully not for long seeing that Sandro is constantly improving)

However - Moyes has managed to amalgemate a solid unit which perform much better than the sum of its parts so comparing squads directly is unfair, imv

They're only superior at

- Left Back
- DM (no by much and hopefully not for long seeing that Sandro is constantly improving)

However - Moyes has managed to amalgemate a solid unit which perform much better than the sum of its parts so comparing squads directly is unfair, imv

Whose their DM?

LB vs either BAE or Vertonghen I don't think there's that much in it to worry about. I know you hate BAE but he's really not that bad, just has the occasional brain fart.

Anyway not to turn this in to another BAE slagging thread, I was more interested in who the DM that's better than Sandro and / or Parker was.

We have to finish ahead of 1 of four teams to get into the top four?

Madness!

I know, pretty groundbreaking stuff. Considering writing up an, possibly a book...

Just wanted to add the perspective of what they would be a threat to. Do you see Everton finishing ahead of any of those 4 teams?

I was referring to Fellaini - without even looking at Parker, he has a better end product than Sandro, imv - but as I said, this is still very much transitional.

Having said that - he has been moved further up-field this season so perhaps this comparison holds less water

Back