• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

EVERTON AWAY - MATCH RATINGs THREAD

DanishWhite- Calm down, you are right about some things but the players tried everything in the 2nd half, showed character, were the better team.

Of course we have lost our ten point lead but we knew we had some hard games to play. Everyone struggles at Goodison.[/QUOTE]

Arsenal go there a week on Wedsnesday. If Everton can turn them over too, we have not lost any ground.

Sadly I fear RVP's form will get them the points. The way things have gone for them recently it wouldnt surprise me if Everton had 16 shots to Arsenal's one and lose 1-0

Arsenal go there after Everton have played us, Liverpool and Sunderland whereas Arsenal just have Saudi Sportswashing Machine tomorrow. They will be knackered by the time Arsenal comes round and Arsenal will be fresh.

Arsenal go there after Everton have played us, Liverpool and Sunderland whereas Arsenal just have Saudi Sportswashing Machine tomorrow. They will be knackered by the time Arsenal comes round and Arsenal will be fresh.

Good point, but just indicative of how its going for them at present. They even got the benefit of Sunderland playing extra-time before their League game a few weeks ago.

I had Everton-Arsenal down for a draw (along with us). If Arsenal win there, I think we definitely need a win at either Sunderland or Villa.
Still lots of twists left in this season

Having watched the game yesterday, with increasing frustration, I would like HR to consider the following formation, which hopefully resolves all of our problems:

GK - Brad
RB - Kaboul
CB - Gallas/Nelsen
CB - Ledley
LB - BAE/Rose
RM - Walker/Krancjar
CM - Parker/Sandro
CM - Modric/Livermore
LM - Bale
ST - Defoe/Rafa VdV
ST - Ade/Saha

I think that is crucial too. We played against a tough stevenage side on Wednesday - Everton had a week 'off'.

The players do look lethargic and tired and we dont actually have much room to maneuver in i.e. not enough replacements

Having watched the game yesterday, with increasing frustration, I would like HR to consider the following formation, which hopefully resolves all of our problems:

GK - Brad
RB - Kaboul
CB - Gallas/Nelsen
CB - Ledley
LB - BAE/Rose
RM - Walker/Krancjar
CM - Parker/Sandro
CM - Modric/Livermore
LM - Bale
ST - Defoe/Rafa VdV
ST - Ade/Saha

I certainly think Walker is worth a shout at RW for the Bolton or Stoke game if Lennon is out. For me he's about the closest to Lennon we have in the squad. Kaboul has played RB before so i'd def be tempted

I certainly think Walker is worth a shout at RW for the Bolton or Stoke game if Lennon is out. For me he's about the closest to Lennon we have in the squad. Kaboul has played RB before so i'd def be tempted

Walker isn't a right winger. He can't cross. His passing is quite shoddy. He can't even really dribble past players unless he has loads of space to just knock the ball past them and run quicker than them.

VdV or Kranjcar out right against Bolton/Stoke please.

Walker isn't a right winger. He can't cross. His passing is quite shoddy. He can't even really dribble past players unless he has loads of space to just knock the ball past them and run quicker than them.

VdV or Kranjcar out right against Bolton/Stoke please.

A few weeks back I was sitting in my seat at WHL and made a comment that drew gasps around me "I dont think walker is that good a footballer'. Seriously if ever there was a block that wanted to kill me it was block 39.

He isnt that good a footballer although his pace is unreal. He is lucky that his ability to recover is brilliant because he is always fudging recovering.

A few weeks back I was sitting in my seat at WHL and made a comment that drew gasps around me "I dont think walker is that good a footballer'. Seriously if ever there was a block that wanted to kill me it was block 39.

He isnt that good a footballer although his pace is unreal. He is lucky that his ability to recover is brilliant because he is always fudging recovering.

His pace and strength are clearly his best attributes. His defending has improved quite a lot this season. He's still making mistakes, but fewer and smaller than earlier in the season.

He does seem very enthusiastic and hopefully his crossing, passing and close control will improve.

Agreed. He has pace, but that is about all. Possesses no technical abilty, but worse his decision makining is slow and usually poor. Another player who cannot beat the first man with a cross. Very over-rated.

Agreed. He has pace, but that is about all. Possesses no technical abilty, but worse his decision makining is slow and usually poor. Another player who cannot beat the first man with a cross. Very over-rated.

Correctly rated as a very promising right back with bags of potential.

Probably slightly over-rated as far as his current ability goes, although most Spurs fan realize most of his short comings I think.

Never actually played as a right winger, but I have no idea why people think he will be particularly good at it, at the very least at the moment.

Because people think fast = winger.

I'm not going to get on his back though, it's his first full season in the Premier League and he's had to play virtually every game, on the whole he has done well. His defending has improved bar a set back against Utd.

Correctly rated as a very promising right back with bags of potential.

Probably slightly over-rated as far as his current ability goes, although most Spurs fan realize most of his short comings I think.

Never actually played as a right winger, but I have no idea why people think he will be particularly good at it, at the very least at the moment.

Its funny that we have a go at Redknapp for putting square pegs in round holes ( Bale, Modric) and yet to want to play Walker who is a decent RB as a RW.:-k

Its funny that we have a go at Redknapp for putting square pegs in round holes ( Bale, Modric) and yet to want to play Walker who is a decent RB as a RW.:-k

We managed to convert Bale from a LB to LM, so why not give it a go, as it would give us balance??

Bale can shoot,dribble past players,cross and pass.
Walker can run fast and ehm...well that's it

Exactly. Bale had the makings of a great left winger and had the qualities and skill to succeed in that. The only two things walker and bale have in common are that theyre both quick and both aint that great a full back defensively,

I would rather we gave our back up wingers a chance first, Townsend, Rose, Dos Santos.

You're right about Walker I think.

However on these players. Townsend is in my opinion the best option, but he's out on loan. Rose struggles to make an impact at the left wing, and should be converted into a full back permanently. I don't see him getting good enough as a left winger, never mind a right winger. Dos Santos isn't good enough and in addition to being that and left footed he is so one footed he makes Bale look like Ginola.

Strange game. We could be still be playing now and we still would not have scored. You know what you are going to get with Everton, 100% commitment. It is like this everytime we go to the Reebok as well.

Anyhow some thoughts:

Walker is a young player who is just starting out in he's career at Spurs. He will learn and get better

King & Kaboom seem to be an accident waiting to happen at the moment

Adebayor has a dreadful first touch and when he plays bad he really stinks the joint out.

You would have thought that Defoe would know how to stay onside by now. Has no footballing brain.

Modric in the middle and Bale on the left please for FFS.

Really hope this is just a blip and it is a brick time to have one. Hoping it is just coincidence it has coincided with this England job gonad*s.

Back