• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

EVERTON AWAY - MATCH RATINGs THREAD

DanishWhite

Jason Dozzell
Everyone a bunch of 3-5's apart from Brad

Brad: 6 Spurs MoM without him could have been 3-4 nil.

Ekotto: 4
Walker: 3 fading in and out, good inside defending, awful on the ball, should have gotten a red card
King: 4 good defending but is visibly struggling against strong players
Kaboul: 3 Involved in the goal again, looked uncomfortable

Parker: 3 poison to our quick passing game. Needs a rest. Dearly
Modric: 4 poor, but seriously - he has to be shot in the neck with a shotgun to earn a foul these days
Sandro: 3 Not nearly match fit, behind pace even when the opposition tries to pull tempo out of the game
Bale: 3.5: Poor againt, extremely so by his own standards. Gets + 0.5 for not lamping Osman. I would have.

Defoe:3,5
Adebayor: 2.5 (barely)
... how to rate these two ? Any web forum chit chat about striking partnerships, daring to play with 2 forwards and having a go at the opposition blah blah blah blah was completely put to shame by these two jokers. They had no clue where the other one was and didn't look like they wanted to play. At all.
They are a massive gamble as best defensively, because not just one of them contributes anything to our pressing. Look at the Messi, Rooney. Look how they work. Why is it so hard to understand ? gonad*s to "they are not that kind of players". gonad*s. Even Ginola did pressing once in a while, Klinsmann and Sheringham too.
Worse is, that their movement off the ball to create outlets for ball circulation is absolutely abysmal.
They truly are a partnership worse than the sum of their parts.
Defoe gets an extra 0.5 for his 10-12 lively minutes in the early 2nd half, and mayby that's being generous looking at his complete lack of attention and, well, quality.

Players - not their fault.
Redknapp - over though the team selection and ended up with Bale on the right, Modric on the left.

Brad - 7
Gump - 4
Kaballsup - 3
King - 5
Clotto - 4
Bale - 6 (not his fault he was out of position, and the last 10 mins when he moved to the left surprisingly looked dangerous ](*,) )
Parker - 6
Sandro - 4
Modric - 5
Defoe - 6
Ade - 3

Saha - 6
VDV - 6
Livemore - N/A

Redknapp - 3, never gave us a fudging chance until he finally switched Bale to the left and Modric back to the centre.

Friedel - 6. Could do nothing about the goal.

Walker - 5. Couple of dodgy moments, but sheer pace got him out of trouble.
Kaboul - 4. Shocking defending for their goal.
King - 5. Should have been closer to their goalscorer, who had acres of space
BAE - 6. Defended well, and got forward well. Again with no cover in front of him.

Bale - 3. fudging embarrasing. Grow some balls ffs. (PS, you're no Ronaldo fella, don't kid yourself)
Sandro - 6. Rusty, but at least looked as though he gave a brick.
Parker - 5. Also starting to dive and whinge to the ref.
Modric - 5. Poor touch and passing.

Ade - 4. Very poor.
Defoe - 6. Looked sharp I thought, better with Saha

Subs:
Saha - 6. Tried hard, but I thought he tried a little too hard sometimes
VdV - 6. Took a while, but got into the game eventually.
Livermore - n/a

Harry - 3. How hard is it to tell Bale to stay on the left ffs?

Players - not their fault.
Redknapp - over though the team selection and ended up with Bale on the right, Modric on the left.

This,if you play your best 2 players out of position against a good and well organised team like Everton u can't really expect much.As soon as Modric switched to CM we looked great once again and were unlucky not to score in the second half.
Oh and one more thing,Livermore instead of Kranjcar at the end?What the fudge...

Modric at LM just doesn't work with Sandro and Parker in the middle.It worked when we had Huddlestone there,but Parker and Sandro are just too limited on the ball.

The amount of abuse Bale gets on here through no real fault of his own is shocking.

He's the one who pulls out of challenges all the time because he's too scared, one of which should have led to an Everton goal. I'd say that's his fault. (that's the reason for my low score)

Friedel - 6.5, made some good saves and did nothing wrong.

Walker- 6. Ineffective at best.

Kaboul - 4.5. Was done, horribly, for the goal, gave away possession, took terrifyingly bad free-kicks and was awful at offensive headers.

King - 5.5. Did little wrong, but the goal is a black mark against him.

BAE - 6. Nothing untoward.

Bale- 4. Anonymous till he hit the left. Which was far, far, far too late. Someone needs to tell that lad that he's not Ronaldo, he's not Messi, he's not Dennis fudging Bergkamp. He may well be in time, but today, he's just a left winger. A damn good one, too. So why sacrifice that to take on the role of a useless AM?

Sandro - 6. Did decently. Not his fault he was expected to do things he can't.

Parker - 7. Average first half, but came to life in the second. Made things happen, and was the only one to do so.

Modric - 6. Why? Would Real play Alonso on the wing? Would Barcelona play Xavi there? Would Bayern do the same with Schweinsteiger? United with Carrick? Just because it worked for a short space of time two years ago doesn't mean he's a winger, Harry. Don't do this.

Defoe - 5.5. Tried hard, but nothing came off. Had nothing to feed off of.

Ade- 3. Utterly useless. Sigh. It's so fudging frustrating because we know he can play much, much, much, much,much, much better than this. Why doesn't he?

Subs-

Saha-6. Was our most dangerous player, not that that's saying much.

Rafa - N/A. Didn't have enough time to influence the game.

Livermore- N/A. Why? Why not Kranjcar, who can strike the ball well from distance? Why a DM, in the 87th minute, with us 1-0 down? Why?

Harry- 1. The worst score I've given out, ever. Started horribly, made the substitutions far too late to have an effect (and indeed, made the most important one, VdV, AFTER Everton brought on another DM in Jack Rodwell to negate any impact VdV would make) and still can't see that SET PIECES NEED fudging PRACTICE.

The players tried hard. They worked tirelessly. The game was lost on the bench.

Get your focus together, Harry. Please. Don't let all you've done go to waste while you lounge about dreaming of the Three Lions on your blazer.

At this rate, you might not get that far.

The amount of abuse Bale gets on here through no real fault of his own is shocking.

I don't care if you're out of position or not. The lad doesn't track back any more and mainly is looking for balls and runs that cut in to the middle these days. For the amount waiting and watching he does he should be playing striker.

I dont think we were that bad, especially in the second half. I mean, ffs , they had one fudgein chance and scored.

Adebayor was awful, but the rest were alright, we had the best chances, bad luck at the end aswell.

Terrible tactics from Harry nonetheless, modric had to stay central, and bale has to stay on left. He can do what he wants with the rest but he cant change that.

Friedel 6 One stunning save, am i the only thinking he should have done better with the goal? he was too much on the left of his goal so jelavic played it on the right
Walker 7 Solid enough
Kaboul 5 Afraid of conceding a penalty for their goal so let their player pass it to jelavic. Terrible free kicks.
King 6 Okay
Assou ekotto 6 Not troubled
Modric 7 Out of position first half but pulled the strings in the second
Sandro 6 I enjoyed his aggressivity first half
Parker 5 Has to stay in his own half like he use to do earlier this season.
Bale 5 Must stop the silly shooting, and stay on the left.
Adebayor 3 Did nothing, again
Defoe 6 Not in the game first half but deserved a goal in the second

Van der Vaart 6 Did well
Saha 7 Brilliant, unlucky not to score

I don't care if you're out of position or not. The lad doesn't track back any more and mainly is looking for balls and runs that cut in to the middle these days. For the amount waiting and watching he does he should be playing striker.

Here is the question tho---is it Bale or Harry that has him playing this way? Clearly, today's team was set up for Bale to play on the right and that, to me is mystifying given his lack of effectiveness on his weaker side. I think this problematic tactic has arisen because the wandering Bale seemed to work in the Norwich and Saudi Sportswashing Machine games. Unfortunately, I think that was misleading because both sides played weakened teams. It has singularly failed thereafter.

I dont think we were that bad, especially in the second half. I mean, ffs , they had one fudgein chance and scored.

Agreed. Some of the ratings on here are a total over-reaction.

Adebayor was awful, but the rest were alright, we had the best chances, bad luck at the end aswell.

Terrible tactics from Harry nonetheless, modric had to stay central, and bale has to stay on left. He can do what he wants with the rest but he cant change that.

Friedel 6 One stunning save, am i the only thinking he should have done better with the goal? he was too much on the left of his goal so jelavic played it on the right
Walker 7 Solid enough
Kaboul 5 Afraid of conceding a penalty for their goal so let their player pass it to jelavic. Terrible free kicks.
King 6 Okay
Assou ekotto 6 Not troubled
Modric 7 Out of position first half but pulled the strings in the second
Sandro 6 I enjoyed his aggressivity first half
Parker 5 Has to stay in his own half like he use to do earlier this season.
Bale 5 Must stop the silly shooting, and stay on the left.
Adebayor 3 Did nothing, again
Defoe 6 Not in the game first half but deserved a goal in the second

Van der Vaart 6 Did well
Saha 7 Brilliant, unlucky not to score

Agree with the ratings but would give Kaboul and Parker a 6.
Friedel had to cover the near post as Osman was heading that way, not his fault for the goal at all IMO.

Friedel 7

Walker 7
Kaboul 5
King 6
Ekotto 6

Bale 5
Sandro 6.5
Parker 6
Modric 6

Defoe 5
Ade 4

Saha 6.5
VDV 7 - we finally had some fudging rhythm when he came on
Livermore n/a

harry 0 - stupid lineup

Last edited:
Here is the question tho---is it Bale or Harry that has him playing this way? Clearly, today's team was set up for Bale to play on the right and that, to me is mystifying given his lack of effectiveness on his weaker side. I think this problematic tactic has arisen because the wandering Bale seemed to work in the Norwich and Saudi Sportswashing Machine games. Unfortunately, I think that was misleading because both sides played weakened teams. It has singularly failed thereafter.
Harry is playing him out of position while allowing him to be a free range roamer. Still no excuse for the lack of effort tracking back and helping out Benny and Co. The lad doesn't want to defend - silly really since the Big Boys are watching him he has limited his game effort. THFC would be better playing Bale up top if he is not going be be assigned and instructed to play as a Left Winger wide on the flank.

Kneejerk. Kneejerk ???

What the hell is there to be kneejerking about ?

- We haven't played well, like, really well for a good number of games now. In fact, for 3 of the least 5 games we have been abysmal.
- We have lost 3 on the trot in the league, 2 in despondent manner.
- We have tinkled away a 10 point lead to a 1 point lead
- The manager struggles to find a starting XI and can't make the right subs to save his life.
- Players are not putting in a performance, today a nailed on case of confession of just that - not earning points
- Several players going into "old Spurs" mode - "needing this" and "needing that" to be able to perform, not just fudging going out, try to press the ball, win the ball, pass the ball, run for the ball and shoot the ball. Play football, in other words.

Kneejerk ? This has been going on for quite some time now - performances prove it and the results prove it.

Harry is playing him out of position while allowing him to be a free range roamer. Still no excuse for the lack of effort tracking back and helping out Benny and Co. The lad doesn't want to defend - silly really since the Big Boys are watching him he has limited his game effort. THFC would be better playing Bale up top if he is not going be be assigned and instructed to play as a Left Winger wide on the flank.

And he's not the only one either. Defoe and Adebayor were dire today. We only ever had 3 players defending in front of the back 4.

Unacceptable.

fudge me, you lot are going on like we just lost away at Stevenage. It's fudging Everton at Goodison Park!! They had just beat Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project their previous two home games and it's always been a tricky game for us in recent years!! Did you lot see the second half, despite Everton defending REALLY well, we outclassed them completely.

Back