• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Euros (not quite a) sweepstake

milo

Jack L. Jones
We did this for the last world cup and it was a bit of a giggle and got us watching/discussing more games.

The rules:

1. Everyone taking part gets drawn a nation in the European Championship
2. You adopt your nation as a (second) team and have an avatar featuring them during the Euros
3. You place one or more nominal bet(s) on your nation - completely your choice what they are
4. Post scans or photos of the betting slip(s) as proof

At the end of the tournament:
  • Overall winnings are divided by your total outlay to obtain your ranking, and the highest ranked gets a Euros Trophy avatar
  • The poster with the most winning bets gets a Euros Golden Boot avatar
  • The poster who placed the craziest bet gets a suitable (yet to be decided) avatar
Let us know if you are interested and I will sort the draw soon(ish).

The WC thread is here

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/gg-world-cup-sweepstake.6234/page-5

Thanks Milo, I'm in. Suggest a £20 limit on bet fund? Wouldn't want to encourage any of our heavy betters to chase the dragon.

This looks quite complicated and I'm not a gambler, but wtf count me in. Just don't give me England :rolleyes:

You just place any bet that you fancy on the team you draw. At the WC I got Costa Rica and placed a bet on them winning their group and another on Campbell being the highest scorer in the group.

I'll be in if there's still space.

Hopefully won't get the commies again (don't even know if they've qualified).

Yep, I'll give it a go

Plus, there's a little side game we could play

It's a £1m bet promotion that some bookmaker is running, where you have to name the scorer and the minute of the goal in the Euro 2016 final....

@milo - i moved this to SN&V to try and drum a up a little more interest, hope you don't mind.

can move it back once the Euro's are underway

Back