• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

European Super League (poll only)

Would you like Spurs to be included? (see background to question below)

• Total voters

AdamB

Garth Crooks
Assume a super league is happening and those clubs included will be a lot richer, and those not included would be a lot poorer. Assume that it means being excluded from the PL and domestic competitions. Would you like Spurs to be included?

Note: this is not a question of whether you would like it to happen. Assume it is happening

I voted "yes" - it will make us more competitive.
levy may still not invest more than the other clubs but we won't get relegated!
let it go long enough and we pull off a leicester and win the damn thing - once in a hundered years you say? about forty to go so i might see it in my lifetime!

I'm all in

- I've watched us do all the right things for 2 decades under Levy, organic growth, long term planning, improving the squad, infrastructure investments, etc.

All in the face of

- Government (local and UK) rooster blocking us at every step on stadium planning
- Same government giving West Ham a freebie
- FA fudging us while West Ham laugh at our first opp to break into the top with lasagne incident
- FA sabotaging our run under Harry with their England job flirting brick (when they never were going to pick him)
- The 4th but not CL
- The FA not accounting for our Europa league qualification, so playing 4 games in 9 days
- Money doping in two decades with Chelsea and City

This is not a system I have any sympathy for, fudge them, if we can protect Spurs, we need to do so.

44% would rather be in even if it means leaving the Premier League? Jesus Christ. I'm quite flabbergasted by that.

At no point has leaving the local leagues (including the PL) been a conversation, It's an empty threat

So from my perspective I didn't not take that as a real option (out of domestic cups = yes)

That said, ESL right now is more money than PL +CL as a perspective

this poll though is based on it being a given that ESL is happening, so given that, 'do you think we should be in'. As opposed to 'do you think it should happen at all', which is what is being discussed in the media and by others. They are quite different questions really.

yes, that does frame it, yet the comments I've seen/heard elsewhere suggest that most fans are against it even though it benefits their club

At no point has leaving the local leagues (including the PL) been a conversation, It's an empty threat

So from my perspective I didn't not take that as a real option (out of domestic cups = yes)

That said, ESL right now is more money than PL +CL as a perspective

Fair enough, maybe (or even probably) others did the same. I was taking AdamB's description at face value.

yes, that does frame it, yet the comments I've seen/heard elsewhere suggest that most fans are against it even though it benefits their club

"Most fans" or the muppets at Tottenham Trust, ArseTV etc. Media can always find someone to say what they want to make their story. Klip Klop is trying to be the next Marcus Rashford and be canonised by "fans" A man with such virtuous standards will surely resign from his post.

I don't want it to happen, but clearly if it does we MUST be involved with all the other big teams, whatever the cost.

Anyone left outside will wither and shrink.

Although this is dead in the water for now, there is some merit for the big boys to receive more of the pot. Especially overseas money, Liverpool Man U the two biggest with us receiving less on a sliding scale and Burnley the least.

Let’s be honest hardly anyone in China, Philippines or South Korea etc wants to watch WBA v Burnley.

in fact you could argue these other 14 clubs are piggy backing and using our global stature and brand to fill their pockets.

Super league is not the answer though

44% would rather be in even if it means leaving the Premier League? Jesus Christ. I'm quite flabbergasted by that.
Me too, I'm not convinced that everybody read that bit.

I voted no specifically due to that part.

Had it been 'but we remain in the PL' then I would've voted yes.

Had the question been 'you get a yes/no vote for ESL to happen. If you vote yes it happens and Spurs are part of it, if you vote no then it won't happen at all'. Then I would've voted No.

Me too, I'm not convinced that everybody read that bit.

I voted no specifically due to that part.

Had it been 'but we remain in the PL' then I would've voted yes.

Had the question been 'you get a yes/no vote for ESL to happen. If you vote yes it happens and Spurs are part of it, if you vote no then it won't happen at all'. Then I would've voted No.

Thats a great poll, start that one!:D

Back