• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

European Super League - Dead on arrival

But the only way that we could actually stop West Ham gaining ownership would be to take ownership ourselves. We ended up being lucky that West Ham (being West Ham) and Newham Council (being Newham Council) couldn't actually put together a bid that didn't breach state aid rules. So either we wanted it because we wanted it or we wanted it because we didn't want West Ham to have it. Personally I'd hope it was the former as we really shouldn't be worried about West Ham.

Going out and bidding with the absolute intent of failing would have no bearing at all on whether or not West Ham would get awarded the stadium.

It's all a distant memory now so the particulars aren't as fresh in my mind as they appear to be in yours so I can't really offer any argument to most of that and I certainly don't care enough to look in to it either!

Levy wanted to move to Stratford so much his grand plan was to knock down the OS and build the exact stadium that had been designed for N17...

So much time thought and effort must have gone in to such a bid
Stratford would have been cheaper than NWHL as the infrastructure works had already taken place. Let's not be naive, Levy was more than willing to move to Stratford if the bid had been won (and I have no issue with that). We are as close to Stratford as West Ham were.

What got Haringey council moving were the Tottenham riots of 2012 not the threat of moving to Stratford.

Stratford would have been cheaper than NWHL as the infrastructure works had already taken place. Let's not be naive, Levy was more than willing to move to Stratford if the bid had been won (and I have no issue with that). We are as close to Stratford as West Ham were.

What got Haringey council moving were the Tottenham riots of 2012 not the threat of moving to Stratford.
I’m not sure it’s being naive, I think it’s just interpreting events differently. One of either view could be right, we’ll likely never know.

Perez is insisting in the contracts signed by the clubs aren't to be broken, and that the league is still going ahead as per now.

Back