• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

European Super League - Dead on arrival

Agreed. But without Barca and Real, La Liga is finished as a professional competition. The PL and Serie A to a lesser extent, but still badly hit. That's why they won't want there to be a split

Would, say, Harry Kane prefer to stay at Spurs and earn £400k per week from playing in this, or move to a team in the PL and earn say £100k? The players will go to where the money is

i imagine the real end game is a review to the proposals for the revamped Champions league as this ESL is not happening outside of UEFA, not a chance.

30 + years. Plenty of torture but that’s what makes the good days so enjoyable. That’s how football works at all levels.

We don’t have good days however, at best we win a brick league cup once every 10-15 years or lose a semi final or final.

Meanwhile our two rivals between them have won about 50 million trophies.

I wont stand for it anymore.

Fifa are pretty toothless in this as well if the clubs wanna go ahead with it, they will.

International football is dying on its arse and are they really going to host a World Cup without 2026s version of Messi/Ronaldo/Kane etc?

Yes, international football isn't remotely comparable to before. Players will go to this new competition if it can pay them more, which I tihnk it will

I would have agreed with you 10 years ago but watching football and being so emotionally invested in Spurs has killed me and I couldn’t now give a flying fudge about the equilibrium of football etc.

We have largely collapsed as a club since the mid 90s (and I saw nothing of what went before that time) which whilst painful to watch in itself, has also been compounded by those two rivals of ours winning all and sundry time and again.

It takes its toll eventually and kills you. So fudge the modern game, its basically given us nothing for around 30 long soul destroying years, whilst all around us have had a great time, time and time again.

So for me its fudge what exists now and lets see what this new thing will be.

Well, if you're sick of not winning anything in the bloody Premier League, with teams like Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Fulham in it, how do you think we'd fare playing Bayern, PSG and Barca week in and out? We'd be rock bottom. :p

Well, if you're sick of not winning anything in the bloody Premier League, with teams like Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Fulham in it, how do you think we'd fare playing Bayern, PSG and Barca week in and out? We'd be rock bottom. :p

Not sure about that! I think we'd be on a more even footing with them. With the cash flowing from this, and Levy using this to sign naming rights for the stadium, our squad would improve massively!

I just told the wife that we can be brick in Europe or brick in England.

Gary Neville has called for the immediate relegation of man utd, liverpool and arsenal.

AND for all clubs involved to be stripped of their titles.

I agree with this, lets all enter this new era on a level footing.

Back