• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

European and Global Super League Plans

Simple they don't give the clubs event licences. No police for games etc...

Should they be able to? Yes. The clubs would be creating monopolies with barrier to entry. Anti competition laws are also in place. The independent fan review has also been done and sone of the recommendations can be written into law.

It's the local authority that gives the event licences, not the government? And policing is also in liaison with the local authorities. I can't see the government trying to stop that, as they'd be stopping football taking place - not exactly on the side of the fans.

If there's an anti-competitive situation, then there is already legislation in place to deal with that - government could refer clubs to the CMA, who would make a judgement. But the government itself (as in Secretary of State) wouldn't be putting the block on.
Fan led review could lead to additional legislation - I remain sceptical however that that will happen - I don't believe the government has any intention of getting bogged down in the minutiae of the structure of football competition, plus it's highly likely any legislation would be rushed, ill-thought out and would end up being detrimental to PL clubs compared to their European peers.
In any event, I think any future iteration of a super league will have been tweaked to make it more open to entry, at least on paper, so the anti-competitive angle will be less relevant.

It's the local authority that gives the event licences, not the government? And policing is also in liaison with the local authorities. I can't see the government trying to stop that, as they'd be stopping football taking place - not exactly on the side of the fans.

If there's an anti-competitive situation, then there is already legislation in place to deal with that - government could refer clubs to the CMA, who would make a judgement. But the government itself (as in Secretary of State) wouldn't be putting the block on.
Fan led review could lead to additional legislation - I remain sceptical however that that will happen - I don't believe the government has any intention of getting bogged down in the minutiae of the structure of football competition, plus it's highly likely any legislation would be rushed, ill-thought out and would end up being detrimental to PL clubs compared to their European peers.
In any event, I think any future iteration of a super league will have been tweaked to make it more open to entry, at least on paper, so the anti-competitive angle will be less relevant.

If they change it to make it more palatable then the government wont try to stop it.

Sky kicking up their protect their investment campaign, lets see how many idiots fall for it

Notable comments/narrative

- Apparently the ESL is like a bad smell that won't go away
- It's now a conspiracy/model created by Real/Barca/Juve
- It's all because they are worried about the EPL (we can't talk about the implied there)

Fully expect some similar brick from BT/FA soon .

It's true but that's globalisation

On the bright side those fans who like winning it properly will have greater satisfaction when the doped clubs go away

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

It's true but that's globalisation

On the bright side those fans who like winning it properly will have greater satisfaction when the doped clubs go away

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

It's to replace the champions league and other european competitions.

Sky kicking up their protect their investment campaign, lets see how many idiots fall for it

Notable comments/narrative

- Apparently the ESL is like a bad smell that won't go away
- It's now a conspiracy/model created by Real/Barca/Juve
- It's all because they are worried about the EPL (we can't talk about the implied there)

Fully expect some similar brick from BT/FA soon .

So if 80 european clubs do join, what are prem clubs going to do? Play in the champions league on their own? Ofcourse they'll sign up.

I quite like the sounds of this. Screw UEFA and FIFA. Lets get our hands back on the wheel while the rules are being made.

This will make the prem brick though. They are talking about promotion and relegation from different divisions within. So that means if you are in and don't get relegated from the bottom division/s you stay in.

So no need to qualify from your league if you are already in. So the prem will go to just playing to win it or avoid relegation. No cl places, europa or even conference. If there is a team at the top far enough ahead there will be little to play for for most teams. It will be like league cup games. Put out the youngsters and concentrate on the super league.

This will make the prem brick though. They are talking about promotion and relegation from different divisions within. So that means if you are in and don't get relegated from the bottom division/s you stay in.

So no need to qualify from your league if you are already in. So the prem will go to just playing to win it or avoid relegation. No cl places, europa or even conference. If there is a team at the top far enough ahead there will be little to play for for most teams. It will be like league cup games. Put out the youngsters and concentrate on the super league.
So still a closed shop then

Back