• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League - Round of 32: Fiorentina (ITA)

From Guardian comments section, City fan:

Sidfishes DUBCAT 16h ago

Don't go to Florence - their cops are vicious *******s. A group of four of us went to the game when we played them a few years ago and only one of us came home without stitches or bruises.

The police stood by chatting whilst a group of their supporters laid into a couple of youngsters and relieved them of their tickets and money when my mate who speaks a little Italian remonstrated with them; out came the batons, which they used very effectively on our arms and legs.

One lad we knew was held by them until the game ended and he was dropped off in the middle of a field and missed his flight home.

Reply Report

Sidfishes DUBCAT 16h ago

Also, if they've not improved the stadium in the last 5 years, you'll watch the match from behind a perspex screen with what looks like gaffer tape criss crossing it.

It's without doubt the worst stadium view I've ever experienced and I've been to a fog bound Prescot Cables to watch a game and never bothered to leave the bar for the 90 minutes - I still had a better view.

It's like trying to watch match through an Etch-a-Sketch.

Reply Report

From Guardian comments section, City fan:

Sidfishes DUBCAT 16h ago

Don't go to Florence - their cops are vicious *******s. A group of four of us went to the game when we played them a few years ago and only one of us came home without stitches or bruises.

The police stood by chatting whilst a group of their supporters laid into a couple of youngsters and relieved them of their tickets and money when my mate who speaks a little Italian remonstrated with them; out came the batons, which they used very effectively on our arms and legs.

One lad we knew was held by them until the game ended and he was dropped off in the middle of a field and missed his flight home.

Reply Report

Sidfishes DUBCAT 16h ago

Also, if they've not improved the stadium in the last 5 years, you'll watch the match from behind a perspex screen with what looks like gaffer tape criss crossing it.

It's without doubt the worst stadium view I've ever experienced and I've been to a fog bound Prescot Cables to watch a game and never bothered to leave the bar for the 90 minutes - I still had a better view.

It's like trying to watch match through an Etch-a-Sketch.

Reply Report

Sounds fun :lol:

Allocation (2,258) and ticket price (£22) have been confirmed for our @EuropaLeague trip to Fiorentina

Talented player. Will never quite be the same despite moments of magic. African will get to see Gomez in action, I hope we boo every touch after his performance against Chelsea in THAT game.

1st leg - We're on BT Sports 2 from 20:00 - Celtic are on BTS1 from 19:30.

Cheers for the info

That means at present BT Sport will be showing 4 of our matches on the bounce, Arsenal,Liverpool,Fiorentina and West Ham. If we get through in the FA Cup at the weekend they may as well pick our match and make it 5 in a row

Last edited:
I'll do a Fiorentina weekly if you guys would like? I watch alot of Italian football so could do a little report on them each week to get you familiar with our opponents and how I feel we could exploit their weaknesses.

I'll do a Fiorentina weekly if you guys would like? I watch alot of Italian football so could do a little report on them each week to get you familiar with our opponents and how I feel we could exploit their weaknesses.

That sounds good, I'd read it :)
thank you.

The top 3 countries in UEFA's intermediate fair play rankings are Ireland, Netherlands and England. If that remains the same at the end of the season England would get an extra place in next year's EL.

As it currently stands the place would go to Burnley who top the Premier League fair play table. Spurs, who often seem to be near the top, are 15th this season.

UEFA Intermediate Fair Play Rankings
Premier League Fair Play table

Wow we used to top that table IIRC. It doesn't seem like we're dirty at all, just mistake ridden in defence.

Only 15 days until the 1st leg against Fiorentina.

Fiorentina have submitted their squad list to UEFA.

Loanee Mohamed Salah is included, but new signings Alessandro Diamanti, Alberto Gilardino and Aleandro Rosi are not on the list, so wont be able to play.

Fiorentina knocked Roma out of the Coppa Italia last night. Mario Gomez back amongst the goals with a brace.

The semi final however is after both ties with us.

Back