• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League - Round of 32: Fiorentina (ITA)

Re: Europa League - Besiktas (TUR), FK Partizan (SRB), Asteras (GRE)

If the winner of the Europa League goes into next seasons Champions League, will the runner up automatically qualify for next years Europa League?? And what if the runner up finishes top 3 or 4 in their respective league, thus qualifying for the Champions league also? Will they just give the extra place to some two bob lower EU league team??

I like this no OMT style. I think its a winner

If the winner of the Europa League goes into next seasons Champions League, will the runner up automatically qualify for next years Europa League?? And what if the runner up finishes top 3 or 4 in their respective league, thus qualifying for the Champions league also? Will they just give the extra place to some two bob lower EU league team??

The EL access list has been changed from next season. The number of spots directly qualifying for the group stage will increase from 6 to 16. The cup winners of the top 12 ranked countries along with the best placed domestic league entrants from the top 4 ranked countries will enter the EL at the group stage. There will be a corresponding reduction in the number of teams qualifying for the group stage through the EL play-offs. There is no longer a space reserved for the previous year's EL winner (or runner-up).

England will have 2 places in the group stage and 1 place in the 3rd qualifying round.

3rd placed CL teams transferred to EL:
Seeded
Olympiakos
Zenit
Sporting Lisbon
Athletic Bilbao
Unseeded
Liverpool
Anderlecht
Roma
Ajax

No monsters in that group just flushed out of CL. A tie with Roma would be heavy. One with Ajax a lot more easy going.

A win would do us good. Let us solidificate our grip on 14th (!) place as we ROAR our way upward in the all-important UEFA Club Co-Efficients Table. (oh, the birds you'll pull knowing that off the top of your head).

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/club/index.html

Currently seeded teams:
Olympiakos
Zenit
Sporting
Athletic Bilbao
Red Bull
Dynamo Moscow
Inter
Everton
Fiorentina

Unseeded:
Liverpoo
Anderlecht
Roma
Ajax
PSV
Celtic

Will defenitely qualify for KO stage, but still unknown about seeding:
Besiktas (?)
Spurs (?)
Feyenord (?)
Napoli (likely to be seeded)
Dynamo Kiev (likely to be seeded)
Legia (likely to be seeded)
Trabzonspor (likely to be unseeded)

Will likely qualify:
Borussia M
Villareal
Brugge
Torino
Sevilla
Olborg

No clue about one of:
Karabah/Saint-Etienne/Dnipro
Wolfsburg/Lille
Sparta/Young Boys
Gengam/PAOK

3rd placed CL teams transferred to EL:
Seeded
Olympiakos
Zenit
Sporting Lisbon
Athletic Bilbao
Unseeded
Liverpool
Anderlecht
Roma
Ajax

Is it me or does the unseeded teams look a lot stronger than the seeded?

Currently seeded teams:
Olympiakos
Zenit
Sporting
Athletic Bilbao
Red Bull
Dynamo Moscow
Inter
Everton
Fiorentina

Unseeded:
Liverpoo
Anderlecht
Roma
Ajax
PSV
Celtic

Will defenitely qualify for KO stage, but still unknown about seeding:
Besiktas (?)
Spurs (?)
Feyenord (?)
Napoli (likely to be seeded)
Dynamo Kiev (likely to be seeded)
Legia (likely to be seeded)
Trabzonspor (likely to be unseeded)

Will likely qualify:
Borussia M
Villareal
Brugge
Torino
Sevilla
Olborg

No clue about one of:
Karabah/Saint-Etienne/Dnipro
Wolfsburg/Lille
Sparta/Young Boys
Gengam/PAOK

Not pretending to know anything about the seeding system, but I thought we had a strong European seeding these days? Surprised we wouldnt be a seeded team...

Is it me or does the unseeded teams look a lot stronger than the seeded?

The 4 seeded teams are the ones that picked up the most points in the CL group stage.

Not pretending to know anything about the seeding system, but I thought we had a strong European seeding these days? Surprised we wouldnt be a seeded team...

Group winners are seeded.

so we will be getting one of:

Olympiakos, Sporting Lisbon, Athletic Bilbao, Zenit St Petersburg, Borussia Monchengladbach, Club Brugge, Red Bull Salzburg, Dinamo Moscow, Inter Milan, Feyenoord, Napoli, Dynamo Kiev, Fiorentina, Legia Warsaw

What month are these usually played in?

Re: Europa League - Draw Monday 1300 CET

I think we're better off being unseeded. If we can't beat whatever team we are drawn against we are not gonna win the time anyway. Better off going out then than going further.
I think we've used too many first team players in the group stages. We should have been aiming for second and no more.

so we will be getting one of:

Olympiakos, Sporting Lisbon, Athletic Bilbao, Zenit St Petersburg, Borussia Monchengladbach, Club Brugge, Red Bull Salzburg, Dinamo Moscow, Inter Milan, Feyenoord, Napoli, Dynamo Kiev, Fiorentina, Legia Warsaw

Considering it is classed as the poor relation of the CL, there are some potentially tasty/tough ties in there. I love the 'old school' Euro teams so I wouldnt miund us drawing BMG, rather we didnt have to travel to Russia or the Ukraine though

Re: Europa League - Draw Monday 1300 CET

This will sound unbelievably arsy so sorry if it comes across that way Paxton but the Ukrainian's prefer to be referred to as Ukraine and not the Ukraine, it's referring back to the USSR days when they were a republic state which they aren't anymore (for the time being at least). Most Americans I've known have called it "the" also and there's just something about the sound of it that winds me up....

f0aec96ee3d386977a5fa35628151524c0c2f7a5c0ef4a06c14b61ceca425e88.jpg

I think Club Brugge seems like the desirable draw in terms of team and travel but we'd find a way to **** it up I'm sure.

Back