• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League - Round of 32: Fiorentina (ITA)

Re: Europa League - Besiktas (TUR), FK Partizan (SRB), Asteras (GRE)

Europa followed by League:
A Partizan
H WBA

H Besiktas
H Southampton

H Tripolis
H Saudi Sportswashing Machine

A Tripolis
H Stoke

H Partizan
H Everton

A Besiktas
A Swansea

Are the home and ways definitely set as above? They're not on the OS yet - "The group match dates are September 18, October 2 and 23, November 6 and 27 and December 11 - as soon as we know who we are playing when, we'll let you know.."

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a change, so that I can get to a match.

Are the home and ways definitely set as above? They're not on the OS yet - "The group match dates are September 18, October 2 and 23, November 6 and 27 and December 11 - as soon as we know who we are playing when, we'll let you know.."

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a change, so that I can get to a match.
Yeah confirmed on the Spurs Twitter earlier

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The fixtures for the <a href="https://twitter.com/EuropaLeague">@EuropaLeague</a> group stage have been confirmed. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/UELdraw?src=hash">#UELdraw</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/COYS?src=hash">#COYS</a> <a href="http://t.co/u8FtQAZl6a">pic.twitter.com/u8FtQAZl6a</a></p>&mdash; Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) <a href="https://twitter.com/SpursOfficial/statuses/505345799656849408">August 29, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 October 2014 Arsenal v Galatasaray
2 October 2014 Spurs v Beşiktaş

9 December 2014 Galatasaray v Arsenal
11December 2014 Beşiktaş v Spurs

1 October 2014 Arsenal v Galatasaray
2 October 2014 Spurs v Beşiktaş

9 December 2014 Galatasaray v Arsenal
11December 2014 Beşiktaş v Spurs
Can't see the Met Police liking this. Strong potential for a reverse of fixtures for one team.

Europa League - Besiktas (TUR), FK Partizan (SRB), Asteras (GRE)

Home against Tripolis is on 23rd Oct - the 10th anniversary of Bill Nicholson's death.

We asked the league to have a home game on the nearest Saturday (Saudi Sportswashing Machine, which will be switched to the Sunday now) so I should think there will be a big deal on the day itself.

Whilst not as dull as last year we do always seem to get really boring groups against teams nobody's heard of and the other side of Europe.

Besiktas will probably create a lively atmosphere at the Lane but can imagine it being very flat and fairly empty for the Partizan and Astereas matches. If tickets are any more than £20 someone needs shooting.

Whilst not as dull as last year we do always seem to get really boring groups against teams nobody's heard of and the other side of Europe.

Besiktas will probably create a lively atmosphere at the Lane but can imagine it being very flat and fairly empty for the Partizan and Astereas matches. If tickets are any more than £20 someone needs shooting.

Don't think it will be a problem as the majority of fans are likely to be the local diaspora. In the past, they have supported any Turkish club abroad rather than their preferred club. There is a local rivalry abroad too but it doesn't really show in these international games. Admittedly that was the situation some years ago so not sure if it's changed. I'd be more concerned about the reverse fixtures in Turkey.

few of my mates went to the last game out there, said Besiktas fans were great and there wasn't a hint of violence - don't think they have that sort of reputation?

few of my mates went to the last game out there, said Besiktas fans were great and there wasn't a hint of violence - don't think they have that sort of reputation?

I was referring to the Goons and Spurs fans in the city (I may not have been clear).

Besiktas ultras Carsi have a big support but any trouble will be between the ultras of the bigger clubs out there. There hasn't been much trouble at all between Turkish and English fans for many years (ignoring the media in this country trying to insinuate otherwise). Besiktas do claim to have the best fans out there though :D

Probably the one after that, when we get knocked out.
Ah, yes - I remember now.

Tire out all our players heading off to the ar5e end of nowhere all season to then get knocked out by a CL dropout the first time we play a decent team.

Then discover that the pocket change UEFA call prize/appearance money probably doesn't even cover the cost of bonuses etc paid to the squad.

I love the ITV4 cup.

Asteras with an 88th minute equalizer to earn a point away to Besiktas.

Next game is a must win really.

Ah, yes - I remember now.

Tire out all our players heading off to the ar5e end of nowhere all season to then get knocked out by a CL dropout the first time we play a decent team.

Then discover that the pocket change UEFA call prize/appearance money probably doesn't even cover the cost of bonuses etc paid to the squad.

I love the ITV4 cup.

Believe Scara, if we become champions of Eastern Europe this time round we get Champions League and can enjoy getting beaten by decent teams whilst being paid 40x more for the privilege.

Believe Scara, if we become champions of Eastern Europe this time round we get Champions League and can enjoy getting beaten by decent teams whilst being paid 40x more for the privilege.
Big if! We'll get knocked out by a CL dropout.

CL dropout making it to CL through europa - seems ironical, not sure if it favours CL regulars even more.

The Europa is a grind, for sure. I entirely sympathise with those who criticise it. But for me, when we're in it, I love it. That was a good performance and result on Thursday, and I think the most excited I got about Spurs last season, is when we came back to win that game in the EL, when we looked to be out of the competition. (Must admit can'r remember all the details, but an Eriksen free kick helped the rescue mission, and a last gasp goal got us through. That was the most 'off my seat and off my head' moment of last season.

Europa League - Besiktas (TUR), FK Partizan (SRB), Asteras (GRE)

So. Spoke to my gfs mate who took home the spurs lads on the flight and she told me some interesting stuff.

She's flown Emirates Marketing Project arsenal and spurs and said that Spurs were by far the most fun and nicest team she has flown. She said Emirates Marketing Project were rude and didn't seem to get on, they sat away from each other and on their own. She said balotelli (when he was there was horrible and rude). She also flew them recently and said Lampard sat on his own and seemed quite shy.

She's flown arsenal and said they were ok and quite nice, but it's when she spoke about spurs she said that after the game they were all playing a game (about 12 of them) huddled around one area on the plane in a circle and seemed to be joking all the time. She mentioned a game about a wolf, and they had their heads down, maybe a murder game or something. She said that when they came to land she asked them to put their seat belts on and they asked her for a few more minutes and were like kids (but in a fun nice way) as if they were told to be put to bed.

She said that they all seemed to get on and they were a really nice set of lads. She mentioned that Lamela and the Argentinians (is Fazio Argentinian?) were drinking this weird like coffee in a bong thing (hope it wasn't a bong haha) and that they offered it to her but she politely refused.

Lamela and Soldado seem to be really close as they sat together, Soldado can speak better english than Lamela and helped interpret some stuff to him.

She also said a blonde little guy was really funny and nice but he was really short. I couldn't think of anyone small and blonde so thought it must be a coach? Any ideas?

Brad Friedel was really nice too. She kept going on about him so that's a good thing that he is on board, no pun intended.

At one time they run out of food so she offered them sweets and they all rushed to get them off her.

They weren't allowed alcohol but the management were apparently.

She said that Spurs has always been the best team to fly so it must be that there's a real togetherness instilled at the club.

Any other things I remember or hear off her I'll let you guys know but I was really interested by it (naturally being a spurs fan).

Last edited:
Back