• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League - Round of 32: Fiorentina (ITA)

Re: Europa League - Beşiktaş (TUR), FK Partizan (SRB), Asteras (GRE)

Okay.. For some reason this thread won't let me past the first page..

Anyway, that's not exactly an ideal group. Besiktas have shown against arsenal that they're a good team, we're unfortunate to draw them.

We should qualify, but I'd be concerned if we have any big games after the besiktas game.

Re: Europa League - Besiktas (TUR), FK Partizan (SRB), Asteras (GRE)

Think those funny letters in Besiktas might have caused some problems. Have removed them

Bit disappointed we didn't get Celtic or Wolfsburg in pot 2 and Feyenoord from pot 3 tbh. Should win the group comfortably imo if we are actually playing it properly.

Re: The Race for Europa League - Group Stage Draw at 12

What happens if for example Benfica drop into the Europa League again. Win it. And Qualify through their league position. Does the runner up get the Champions league spot?

Nope. Winners only, unless already qualified via their league placing.

Also if we were to win it but finish outside the top 4. Do we get 5 teams in the Champions league?

100% Yes. We would go into either the CL qualifying round (if an extra place is also needed to accommodate the CL winners - i.e. they didn't qualify via their league) or straight into the group stage (if the CL winners have already qualified via their league).

Technically, there could be SIX teams from England, if we won the Europa and an English team won the CL but finished outside the top-4.

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/news/newsid=2137611.html

• The team that triumphs in the final in Warsaw on 27 May 2015 will gain a UEFA Champions League place, at minimum entering in the play-offs. If the UEFA Champions League winners qualify automatically through their domestic competition for the 2015/16 group stage, the UEFA Europa League title holders will also enter at the group stage.

• Performances in domestic leagues will be rewarded. If a national cup winner has booked a UEFA Champions League spot, the highest-ranked club in their domestic league not already qualified for the UEFA Europa League will qualify for the competition; national cup runners-up no longer qualify.

• The maximum number of clubs from one association that can qualify for the UEFA Champions League is increased to five.

Nope. Winners only, unless already qualified via their league placing.

100% Yes. We would go into either the CL qualifying round (if an extra place is also needed to accommodate the CL winners - i.e. they didn't qualify via their league) or straight into the group stage (if the CL winners have already qualified via their league).

Technically, there could be SIX teams from England, if we won the Europa and an English team won the CL but finished outside the top-4.

Wait, so if the winners are already qualified, which team takes their place? I assume they're given an auto group position as well.

Also there can't be six teams. If the cl winners are English they get in, if the Europa winners are English they get in, if both are English we lose fourth spot in the league as a qualifying position.

Wait, so if the winners are already qualified, which team takes their place? I assume they're given an auto group position as well.

Also there can't be six teams. If the cl winners are English they get in, if the Europa winners are English they get in, if both are English we lose fourth spot in the league as a qualifying position.
This means we will finish 4th in the league, Liverpool will finish 5th, but win the Champions League and Everton will finish 6th or 7th and win the Europa League.

From Wikipedia: The winners of the previous season's UEFA Europa League will qualify for the UEFA Champions League, the winner entering at least at the play-off round (assuming they do not already qualify through domestic performance), and will enter the group stage if the berth reserved for the Champions League title holders is not used.

I think if the qualifying round place is not taken then it just means one of the "minnows" from the earlier qualifying rounds will move up.

Didn't realize that. Actually read an article the other day saying the opposite, but just checked and you are right.

This means we will finish 4th in the league, Liverpool will finish 5th, but win the Champions League and Everton will finish 6th or 7th and win the Europa League.

Yeah I had hoped even the possibility of that had been lost. No matter how unlikely we're bound to find a way to do it :)

Why are Limassol in group A?! Didn't we knock them out last night??!?!?!!

See the fixtures are out and after 5 games we have a home game in the league. But our last game in December is away to Besiktas followed by an away trip to Swansea.

Also see when we host Everton at the end of November they are away to Wolsberg while we host Partizan.

See the fixtures are out and after 5 games we have a home game in the league. But our last game in December is away to Besiktas followed by an away trip to Swansea.

Hopefully we will have qualification for next stage sewn up at that point and can then send a reserves + development squad team to Turkey

Europa followed by League:
A Partizan
H WBA

H Besiktas
H Southampton

H Tripolis
H Saudi Sportswashing Machine

A Tripolis
H Stoke

H Partizan
H Everton

A Besiktas
A Swansea

Can't complain about that at all! As mentioned progression will hopefully be in the bag before the last game, will probably be a top spot shoot out between us and Besiktas.

Just looked at EVertons for a contrast an they have 4 away games after europa matches including after every away game.
H Wolsburg
H Palace

A Krasnodar
A Man U

A Lille
A Burnley

H LIlle
A Sunderland

A Wolsburg
A Tottenham

H Krasnodar
H QPR

Certainly appear to have a much better run than Everton

Happy with Besiktas.

I remember them giving us a standing ovation when we beat them at their place. Berbatov scored an unreal goal that day.

Back