• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League Draw - Gent (BEL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are Gent's key players?

They don't really have any I don't think. They just have a good coach (Hein Vanhaezebrouck) who has done a bit of a Poch with them

Laurent Depoitre was a bit of a mid-career journeyman forward who the coach did a Poch-with-Dembele on

They don't really have any I don't think. They just have a good coach (Hein Vanhaezebrouck) who has done a bit of a Poch with them

Laurent Depoitre was a bit of a mid-career journeyman forward who the coach did a Poch-with-Dembele on

We were linked with him before he went to Porto

Europa League last-32 draw

Posted at12:39
Athletic Bilbao v Apoel

Legia Warsaw v Ajax

Anderlecht v Zenit St Petersburgh

Astra v Genk

Manchester Utd v Saint-Etienne

Villarreal v Roma

Ludogorets v Copenhagen

Celta Vigo v Shakhtar Donetsk

Olympiakos v Osmanlispor

Gent v Tottenham

Rostov v Sparta Prague

Krasnador v Fernerbahce

Borussia Monchengladbach v Fiorentina

AZ Alkmaar v Lyon

Hapoel Beer-Sheva v Besiktas

PAOK v Schalke

The sensible thing would be to field the first team in the first leg and kill the tie off.

There is no league game following the first leg.

That would give us one less game but an empty Wembley.

What Poch will do is his usual half and half rotation and we will struggle.

I am old school. I liked the Cup Winners Cup. Unlike the EL and a lot of the team in the CL, anybody that was in it had actually won something the previous season!

Good point , most of the teams that go into the CL are in the losers positions in their respective leagues ( ie pot less).

The FA Cup is the one we should go all out for. If we get to the last 16 of the EL then play a full strength team from then on. Until then, play the kids.

We aren't good enough to win the FA Cup.
An away draw to City, United, Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool and we would probably go out.
We have one away win against the 5 of them in 14 attempts under Poch.

An away draw to City, United, Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool and we would probably go out.

The draw is key. If we get lucky with some home ties until the last 8 or so then it's anyone's tournaments. Last year we fudged up big style losing at home to Palace. They ended up in the final :mad:

Good draw and with some of the other clubs who are in with a chance of winning this playing each other we have no excuses not to go and win this. Please Poch lets do it.

Good draw and with some of the other clubs who are in with a chance of winning this playing each other we have no excuses not to go and win this. Please Poch lets do it.

You EXPECT us to WIN THE EL??
Or do you mean you EXPECT us to give it a good go?

Chances are they'd field a weak squad so an away draw should not be beyond us. Then it would be a matter of dealing with whatever they want to throw at us at WHL.

"D Minor, the saddest of all keys" Nigel Tufnell

latest

So let's predict a last 16....

Athletic Bilbao v Apoel (I can't see Apoel causing Bilbao any problems)
Legia Warsaw v Ajax (although Legia showed that they are excellent in attack in the CL, admittedly they also showed they are terrible in defence).
Anderlecht v Zenit St Petersburg (Anderlecht are a good team, but Zenit is a tough place to go).
Astra v Genk (a tough one to call. I'd be more than happy to face the winner of this tie in the lat 16, should we overcome Gent).
Manchester Utd v Saint-Etienne (Surely Man Utd will have too much for a mid ranking French team?)
Villarreal v Roma (Another tough one to call. I just feel that the Spanish league is generally better than the Italian one at the moment).
Ludogorets v Copenhagen (Were still in with a chance of progressing in the CL until the last game when Leicester fielded a second strong at Porto and got thrashed)
Celta Vigo v Shakhtar Donetsk (Another really tough one to call. Have gone with Shakhtar simply because they seem to have a real pedigree in this competition)
Olympiakos v Osmanlispor (Home form is likely to see them through)
Gent v Tottenham (We will be favourites for this, although Genk might be lifted by playing at Wembley with us finding it hard to be inspired by a no-doubt hugely under capacity crowd).
Rostov v Sparta Prague (I flipped a coin)
Krasnador v Fernerbahce (I think Fener's home atmosphere will see them through)
Borussia Monchengladbach v Fiorentina (Could go either way I think, but if given a free bet it would go on Monchengladbach)
AZ Alkmaar v Lyon (I think the French side will have too much for AZ)
Hapoel Beer-Sheva v Besiktas (Never easy going to Turkey)
PAOK v Schalke (You have to fancy the Germans in this one.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back