• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League 2020/21 - Round of 16: Dinamo Zagreb (CRO)

First eight sides through:

Tottenham (ENG)
Ajax (NED)
Shaktar Donetsk (UKR)
Granada (ESP)
Molde (NOR)
Villarreal (ESP)
Rangers (SCO)
Arsenal (ENG)

If Leicester turn this around we'll be one of four English clubs in the draw (of 16 teams). I've never liked domestic ties in european fixtures and I'd certainly want to avoid any English teams in the next round. Man U v Woolwich would be best case scenario as the two ties will fall either side of our league match with Woolwich.

If Leicester turn this around we'll be one of four English clubs in the draw (of 16 teams). I've never liked domestic ties in european fixtures and I'd certainly want to avoid any English teams in the next round. Man U v Woolwich would be best case scenario as the two ties will fall either side of our league match with Woolwich.
Thing with cup draws is they have an uncanny knack of pairing you with the team you're due to play in the league the week of the cup tie or have just played.
We're due to play Arsenal that week, really don't want them. Another easy draw please...

Thing with cup draws is they have an uncanny knack of pairing you with the team you're due to play in the league the week of the cup tie or have just played.
We're due to play Arsenal that week, really don't want them. Another easy draw please...
Said the same to my mate

Tottenham (ENG)
Ajax (NED)
Shaktar Donetsk (UKR)
Granada (ESP)
Molde (NOR)
Villarreal (ESP)
Rangers (SCO)
Arsenal (ENG)
Olympiacos (GRE)
Young Boys (SUI)
Dinamo Zagreb (CRO)
Roma (ITA)
Slavia Praha (CZE)
AC Milan (ITA)
Manchester United (ENG)
Dynamo Kiev (UKR)

Umm....

Tottenham (ENG)
Ajax (NED)
Shaktar Donetsk (UKR)
Granada (ESP)
Molde (NOR)
Villarreal (ESP)
Rangers (SCO)
Arsenal (ENG)
Olympiacos (GRE)
Young Boys (SUI)
Dinamo Zagreb (CRO)
Roma (ITA)
Slavia Praha (CZE)
AC Milan (ITA)
Manchester United (ENG)
Dynamo Kiev (UKR)

So no to Shaktar & Dynamo, no to United, no to Milan and Roma, anyone know how Ajax are this year?

The rest should be ok

Molde are ranked 116 in UEFA's rankings, and I think are the lowest ranked club by some distance

https://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/club/#/yr/2021

To a certain extent, if we end up 'giving up' (not literally) on the PL it doesnt matter who we get and we start playing our best 11 in the Europa and rotating more for the PL

Our best 11 could beat any team in the EL - problem is that best 11 can't play Sun/Thur from now til May and in some positions we lack viable replacements

Should we go all the way these are the PL games we'd play either side of the Europa games:

Round 16 11/18 March - Arsenal (a) Aston Villa (a)
QF 8/15 April - Man U (h) Everton (a) - the latter would be a 'free' weekend if Everton in FAC SF
SF 29 April/6 May - Sheff U (h), Leeds (a)

Could therefore work in our favour if Arsenal and Man U remain in the competition and Everton reaching FACSF would give us a kinder schedule.

Full draw:
Ajax Amsterdam (NED) v BSC Young Boys (SUI)
Dynamo Kyiv (UKR) v Villarreal (ESP)
AS Roma (ITA) v Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)
Olympiakos (GRE) v Arsenal (ENG)
Dinamo Zagreb (CRO) v Tottenham (ENG)
Manchester United (ENG) v A.C. Milan (ITA)
Slavia Praha (CZE) v Glasgow Rangers (SCO)
Granada (ESP) v Molde (NOR)

Back