• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League 2020/21 - Round of 16: Dinamo Zagreb (CRO)

This is my thinking. We would have to self-isolate if we went to Bulgaria.

I believe in cases like this, the onus is on the home team to sort it out, or be eliminated

That's right. Clause 1.3 (iii) of the link below. Plovdiv need to propose a neutral venue where the match can be played. Logic suggests that somewhere like Germany might make sense, but I wouldn't bet against some game-playing like them picking somewhere like Russia or Azerbaijan

https://editorial.uefa.com/resource...21_ucl-uel_regs_covid19_en_20200804093248.pdf

Neutral venue has to be to our benefit

Pretty sure there are exemptions for elite sports people around the restrictions. Although I’m pretty sure if we were to stay overnight we’d need to book a whole hotel etc... Wonder if we would try and do this in one day. Would be pushing it a bit. Flights about 3 hours and they are 2 hours ahead. Makes it difficult but not impossible. Fly out 08:00 land 13:00, 14:30 short training. Food, rest and then the game at 20:00(18:00bst). Fly home after.

Pretty sure there are exemptions for elite sports people around the restrictions. Although I’m pretty sure if we were to stay overnight we’d need to book a whole hotel etc... Wonder if we would try and do this in one day. Would be pushing it a bit. Flights about 3 hours and they are 2 hours ahead. Makes it difficult but not impossible. Fly out 08:00 land 13:00, 14:30 short training. Food, rest and then the game at 20:00(18:00bst). Fly home after.

Thinking about this. I wonder if this could be where the lodge at the training ground comes in useful. All stay there and then ready to get the coaches to Stansted in the morning. Will be like a normal away game all staying together.

I think that elite sports are exempt from the UK quarantine regulations.

I think so too, as long as the UEFA protocols are followed.

37 degrees in Plovdiv today. Could potentially be 30 degrees even for an evening match, staying there the day before would def be useful to get used to the heat.

Sure there's exemption s for the pro sport luvvies?

OK. Really hope we send a second string to the away game. Assuming Aurier leaves and Ndombele is still AWOL, we can put out a decent team (CF aside) without playing kids. This team would have 7 internationals in it and would leave a first choice 11 for the Everton game before it. I assume we wouldnt quite segment it like that, but it does show that we should be able to change a lot for the first couple rounds

Hart, Tanganga, Foyth, Sanchez, Cirkin, Winks, Sissoko, Bergwijn, Lamela, Sessegnon, [new CF]

This is literally a mid table Bulgarian team that won the cup.
They haven't finished in the top 4 of their 14 team division since 2005!

Back