• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Euro 2020

No, the vast majority of the fans that don't sing those songs.

Or are you lumping them all in together because of their nationality?

We all know football crowds police themselves.
Some of the stuff sung at Tottenham in the past would get shouted down now.

The problem with England is this mythical majority let No Surrender and Ten German Bombers be sung.

They should be booing all of those intrusions.

Sports people have an inordinate level of influence compared to their ability to understand and reason political issues. They're in that position because of their sporting prowess, not by will of the electorate.

For those reasons, sports people should not be picking political winners and losers, no matter how good the cause. Imagine if someone as loved as David Beckham started supporting anti-Semitic causes. There would be hundreds of thousands who followed him, if not more.

Plus gesture politics is for clams.

If several hundred thousand people are convinced against being racist by players taking the knee it is a fudging EXCELLENT thing. Are you saying it wouldn't be? Come on, let's hear it Scara, you flirt with the line of cheap internet controversy, how about walking it and clearing up any misconceptions? What an opportunity! Think of it as a definitive moment, like taking a key penalty...

Last edited:
But it's not just social media (not saying you are suggesting it is just that).
I posted last night, someone near me, almost immediately after the penalties, said it was the black players who missed because they can't deal with the pressure.
No hiding behind an anonymous name. Denied he was racist of course. Yet couldn't see (or chose not to see) the racism in his automatic first thought at that time being about the colour of the players' skin rather than despair/disappointment/anger/whatever at England losing
It's too easy to blame it on 'social media warriors' when it's actually all around us.
If you hear it, call it out.

Anyone saying that around me will be moving away from me at great speed.

And 100% right Glenda, action.

Just for an example of how warped social media is to reality. Take up for the vaccine is between 80-90% for over 40s. Go on youtube and look at any sky story on covid. Down votes will outnumber upvotes. The comments wont have anything to do with the content. We're in the grey zone warfare.

Example

There are powers trying to manipulate you to hate.

Worryingly it's the media as well, who both use and stoke Social Media's warped opinions.

For example: I saw a photo of the Marcus Rashford "graffiti" and from the media reporting - and people's reactions on Twitter - I was expecting something really bad.

The graffiti said: "F*** Sancho", "brick in a bucket", "bastard" and had a drawing of a willy.

However, it's now an assumed fact it was "racist vandalism" by people that never even saw it...

Crazy times and these exaggerations are definitely deliberate.

Worryingly it's the media as well, who both use and stoke Social Media's warped opinions.

For example: I saw a photo of the Marcus Rashford "graffiti" and from the media reporting - and people's reactions on Twitter - I was expecting something really bad.

The graffiti said: "F*** Sancho", "brick in a bucket", "bastard" and had a drawing of a willy.

However, it's now an assumed fact it was "racist vandalism" by people that never even saw it...

Crazy times and these exaggerations are definitely deliberate.

Did not know that.

If several hundred thousand people are convinced against being racist by players taking the knee it is a fudging EXCELLENT thing. Are you saying it wouldn't be? Come on, let's hear it Scara, you flirt with the line of cheap internet controversy, how about walking it and clearing up any misconceptions? What an opportunity! Think of it as a definitive moment, like taking a key penalty...
I think it's a ridiculous thing to do - especially in a sporting environment.

It's amazing how few people can understand the concept that it's ok to agree with someone's cause but disagree with their methods.

It's amazing how few people can understand the concept that it's ok to agree with someone's cause but disagree with their methods.

What methods do you use to actively oppose oppression and call out those that do? I’m yet to see any examples of this on this forum, quite the opposite in fact. I’m assuming you do a lot of work in your personal life to be an ally against forms of oppression?

Judging purely by the views you espouse on this forum EDL Dave, I get the feeling you could care less about about the plight of those that have experienced forms of oppression and care more about how it affects your hurty feelings based on your very limited life experience.

So the majority of accounts that sent racist abuse to England players are still active. Apparently they have not broken the websites terms and conditions.

I know just posting single Monkey emojis will not hold up in court but surely common sense should prevail in this situation? I mean everyone knows what they meant by it even if it is “just an emote”.

So to be clear, if the gesture stops 300,000 people from being racists, you'd still believe it was 'ridiculous'? Have I got that wrong?

What methods do you use to actively oppose oppression and call out those that do? I’m yet to see any examples of this on this forum, quite the opposite in fact. I’m assuming you do a lot of work in your personal life to be an ally against forms of oppression?

Judging purely by the views you espouse on this forum EDL Dave, I get the feeling you could care less about about the plight of those that have experienced forms of oppression and care more about how it affects your hurty feelings based on your very limited life experience.
I use the best method out there - simply not being racist.

That depends entirely on whether one employs the "Everyone must agree with my methods or they're racist" approach to judgement.

No no, you're not going to weasel yourself out of that like you always try to. That's not what is being employed and you know that. Because although you are incredibly dim when it comes to gaining basic understanding and educating yourself over things that you have no experience over, you have shown with your posts that you use insidious and cowardly ways to display your ignorance and prejudice.

I'm happy to explain to you why your 'I'm not racist...' stance doesn't stand up to any sort of scrutiny when it comes to calling out and fighting against oppression, if you'd like? However I wouldn't want to make you hole up back in your little cave for a couple of weeks citing 'being busy' like the last couple of times you've been shown up on matters like this, that would be mean.

By the way, I missed your call to 'get the water cannons out' after the vulgar display by 'fans' over the weekend in public spaces. Did you mention that elsewhere? You obviously want to be consistent with that seeing as you called for this action when a group of women who were holding a peaceful vigil were exercising their right to protest against being moved on.

Last edited:
No no, you're not going to weasel yourself out of that like you always try to. That's not what is being employed and you know that. Because although you are incredibly dim when it comes to gaining basic understanding and educating yourself over things that you have no experience over, you have shown with your posts that you use insidious and cowardly ways to display your ignorance and prejudice.
No need to educate myself when I'm already right.

I'm happy to explain to you why your 'I'm not racist...' stance doesn't stand up to any sort of scrutiny when it comes to calling out and fighting against oppression, if you'd like? However I wouldn't want to make you hole up back in your little cave for a couple of weeks citing 'being busy' like the last time couple of times you've been shown up on matters like this, that would be mean.
Feel free - I'm comparatively quiet at the moment. Please don't take this the wrong way, but your opinions are unlikely to affect whether or not I post here. That's not just you, that's anyone.

I'm also intrigued to hear your theory on how holding a position of "Just don't be racist" is, in itself, racist.

By the way, I missed your call to 'get the water cannons out' after the vulgar display by 'fans' over the weekend in public spaces. Did you mention that elsewhere? You obviously want to be consistent with that seeing as you called for this action when a group of women who were holding a peaceful vigil were exercising their right to protest against being moved on.
Which fans where doing what?

Last edited:
No need to educate myself when I'm already right.

Feel free - I'm comparatively quiet at the moment.

I'm also intrigued to hear your theory on how holding a position of "Just don't be racist" is, in itself, racist.

Which fans where doing what?

To clarify, you think your position on how to tackle racism is more correct than that of people who have actually suffered racism?

I’ll happily walk you through the second point as suggested as soon as you can grasp that I didn’t state your position or others with the same position as being racist in itself. A clue: we were talking about methods. I think you’re confusing me calling out your ignorance and prejudice in general to your ignorance on how you think pesky ethnics and their allies should behave when calling out oppression, in a manner that doesn’t make you feel uncomfortable.

Re the third point. You must have been in your little cave over the weekend if you haven’t seen or heard about the behaviour of fans in public spaces and within Wembley.

Back