• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Esteban Cambiasso

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't mind him. Particularly if it's in a backup/squad rotation type role. Would be slightly dubious if we bring him in and he's made a clear first choice or if we bring him in and Sandro is sold, but if he's brought in as an experienced head to have around the squad I would be all for it.

Theoretically we could also sell Capoue, bring in Cambiasso and free up £10m or so to use in other positions. As a backup/squad option the step down in quality might be overcome by the addition of experience and leadership whilst it might also help some of our youngsters.

And in a year's time (possibly in 6 months) we will be looking for a replacement for Cambiasso. He maybe experienced but I do not see him as an improvement on our current midfield

Totally. Schweinsteiger would be an instant improvement to our starting 11 and would bring a wave of optimism and exposure for the club in his wake. Cambiasso of a few years back would have been a good addition but now, no thanks.

Schweinsteiger? Dream on :ross:

and then we'd need a replacement for Cambiaso in a years time, who would presumably cost around what we sell Capoue for. doesn't seem like much of a deal to me

Any of you guys watch Cambiasso play in the league last season? Apart from the fact that he is an Argentinian just like our new manager why the heck are we going in for him? Last season he was not all that

Any of you guys watch Cambiasso play in the league last season? Apart from the fact that he is an Argentinian why the heck are we going in for him? Last season h ewimply was not all that

i watch more serie a then prem.. he was fine

the way your basing him, maybe selling sandro will be fine afterall. Sandro isnt even worth 10m based on las season..

i don't think we can say that after one debut season where he didn't get a real run of games to establish himself tbh

- a loan deal could make sense

i watch more serie a then prem.. he was fine

the way your basing him, maybe selling sandro will be fine afterall. Sandro isnt even worth 10m based on las season..

In the same vein maybe Man Utd should sell RVP because his last season was not all that. Methinks it is slightly premature that you write Sandro off because he did not excel last season. Do you suggest we sell Lamela as well?

when did I say it was? :s

hes deffo an upgrade on capoue

Capoue has an injury hit season and I think he will improve, personally I do not think he would be an upgrade although Cambiasso of a few years ago would be a completely different option.

If Poch wants him then thats good enough for me, he knows the guys ability and fitness levels better than any of us and lets not forget Poch seems very demanding on the fitness side of things. I can't remember how he did against Spurs, but Im certainly not going to be using that as a benchmark of how good he could be for us....

this, anything we can do to make Poch comfortable and at least give him the impression that he's in charge

In the same vein maybe Man Utd should sell RVP because his last season was not all that. Methinks it is slightly premature that you write Sandro off because he did not excel last season. Do you suggest we sell Lamela as well?

im not writing Sandro off at all though...

In all honesty it is not that I am anti Cambiasso but rather I fear that we may sign him and subsequently sell Sandro whom I rate highly

and then we'd need a replacement for Cambiaso in a years time, who would presumably cost around what we sell Capoue for. doesn't seem like much of a deal to me

Sure, but one or two years from now someone younger might have stepped up stronger from the experience. Hopefully a year from now we will hopefully have a more settled system under a manager with a year behind him as Spurs manager, could and should make things easier. Getting in a backup/youngster to understudy Sandro (for example) if necessary could be done with more freedom whereas now prioritizing some experience and strong characters might be more important?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back