• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Esteban Cambiasso

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mumorn

Vic Buckingham
Tottenham Hotspur are interested in former Argentina and Inter Milan midfielder Esteban Cambiasso, according to reports.

The 33-year-old is a free agent after his contract at the San Siro expired at the end of the season.

New Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino is a keen admirer of his fellow countryman and will attempt to add his experience to his current squad.

The former Real Madrid playmaker, who has also been linked with a move back to his home country with River Plate, is looking for a two-year deal.

Cambiasso won five Serie A titles, four Coppa Italia trophies and the Champions League during his nine seasons with Inter.

http://www.shoot.co.uk/spurs-want-veteran-star-2/

I've not watched him play in a while, masses of experience but does he still have the engine?

I suppose as long as his wage demands are not astronomical he could be a decent freebie, but as a defensive midfielder what happens to Sandro????

Please don't sell the beast!

Cambiasso in on a free.. Capoue gone for £7-9m perhaps?

Make it so. Capoue made little impact for a variety of reasons last season. Cambiasso has huge International experience and as a compatriot of Poch, plus due to Villa & Ardiles, hopefully he can be persuaded that we're not 'one last payday'. If so, he can have the galvanising influence that Davids did.

Been a fan of Cambiasso for a long time. Excellent player. Unless he's demanding crazy wages, getting him in on a free would be a no-brainer in my opinion.

@MixedKnuts: Going to show Serie A some radar love today. I've neglected it for too long. First, an Inter midfielder.*#Cambiassopic.twitter.com/sdsvp6RCRD

BmyPZ7mIQAEOk4s.png

https://mobile.twitter.com/mixedknuts/status/462902541509210112

I think we need that sort of experience at our club, in the dressing room, even if he doesn't necessarily always start. Might very well be there as much to help Lamela develop too…could be a shrewd signing, Naybet-esque...

I think we need that sort of experience at our club, in the dressing room, even if he doesn't necessarily always start. Might very well be there as much to help Lamela develop too…could be a shrewd signing, Naybet-esque...

I agree, we really lacked some experience last season

Another DM? We have two perfectly good ones and don't need another one. If we're hell bent on experience lets at least bring in experience in a position we need.

Another DM? We have two perfectly good ones and don't need another one. If we're hell bent on experience lets at least bring in experience in a position we need.

Capoue out for £7-9m though and bringing in Cambiasso on a free is good business.

A fair point, but I think the fact he's Argentinian/a potential help for Lamela (and even Pochettino!) might be balance-tipper in this case? I'd love a bit of experience at CB to your point though...

We might have a surfeit of DMs but we are short on experience, particularly in the middle of the park. The right player brings more than just the position they play.

We might have a surfeit of DMs but we are short on experience, particularly in the middle of the park. The right player brings more than just the position they play.

This. And we need the sort of 'extra' he brings...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back