• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ESL boycott/march

Would you join an organised fan march/boycott of the ESL? (Full details below)

• Yes

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • No

Votes: 33 80.5%

• Total voters
Sure, but also because consumers aren't willing to get together and try to vote with their feet/wallets to get even more value from the product.

Maybe this kind of debate is always just going to fall into left vs right economic thinking. But I find it weird how people seem to apply that thinking to football whilst ignoring that it is also a sport, not just a business.
People do vote with their feet/wallet. Plenty of people have given up season tickets or Sky subscriptions because they think it’s too expensive. But the fact is there are more people out there who still find the product to be of value enough to pay for it....

In some ways I'd boycott it, but that's too grand a word for just not bothering anymore, so I guess my answer to the poll would be no. There's no way I'll get off my fat arse to go to London for a march, my membership will be quietly not renewed, which won't even be noticed at HQ.

I have no interest in this, so I'll just drift away into legacy fan oblivion, and perhaps watch a few more non-league legacy football games than I do already instead.

I think a march with hundred of football fans will cause more harm than good. As much as I identify as a fan, there are plenty of fan behaviours that come to light when the numbers increase that I don’t want to be part of.

It’s a really difficult position for me to take a side on as a Spurs fan:

I don’t agree with the non qualification nature of the competition, but if they took that away there will still be a suite of clubs that qualify for it every year due to the not all legitimate advantages they have and with that we will fall even further behind. It feels like we are one of the biggest beneficiaries to this, which is very unSpurs like.

A March is just asking for trouble, they are easily hijacked by groups with their own agenda, can you imagine rival fans boozed up being egged on by trouble makers, madness.

12290026.jpg

I think I would hypothetically march against the whole concept of the ESL with it not happening at all (as it is currently to be structured at least) being the desired outcome. But were it to go ahead with us in it, I very much doubt I would boycott the games.
Hypocrisy of the highest order, I know.

1) People who boycott the games, there will be people willing to take up your spot I’m afraid
That's like saying there's no point in voting, because millions of others are voting, so it doesn't matter.

You have to start somewhere to get the ball rolling. Just because someone else might take your place, is no reason for not making a stand against something.

I think I would hypothetically march against the whole concept of the ESL with it not happening at all (as it is currently to be structured at least) being the desired outcome. But were it to go ahead with us in it, I very much doubt I would boycott the games.
Hypocrisy of the highest order, I know.

I like the cut of your jibe.

Love the priorities

- March for racism in football -> nope, fudge em
- March for ex players, concussions, player treatment -> nope, fudge em
- March against blatant money doping in the PL with Chelsea/City using blood money to fudge up the entire league -> nope, that's fine
- March against Sky/BT/etc. monopolizing the game -> nope, all ok there as well

Your club signs up to something that would be completely catastrophic to be left out of, and would benefit the club massively financially? -> hell yes! out with them, how dare they think about the club first (especially since Neville & Carragher told me this is bad ..)

Love the priorities

- March for racism in football -> nope, fudge em
- March for ex players, concussions, player treatment -> nope, fudge em
- March against blatant money doping in the PL with Chelsea/City using blood money to fudge up the entire league -> nope, that's fine
- March against Sky/BT/etc. monopolizing the game -> nope, all ok there as well

Your club signs up to something that would be completely catastrophic to be left out of, and would benefit the club massively financially? -> hell yes! out with them, how dare they think about the club first (especially since Neville & Carragher told me this is bad ..)

fudge off you vile piece of scum.

Back