• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

I think he has looked 'better' since he has come back from injury. I'm not his biggest fan but think he has improved markedly.

He has.

Not deliberately, but he has been in the habit of taking forever to find the sort of form that suggests theres a real player there and then for whatever reason then not playing for ages. Usually injury, this time it was seasons end.

Itll be interesting to see if he starts the new year in the form he had as the last season finished.

https://gianlucadimarzio.com/it/tottenham-lamela-rinnova-fino-al-2022-la-foto

I think he may have already signed

Translation:

The expected signature has arrived: Erik Lamela has renewed with Tottenham. After the advances of the past few days , the Argentine has today formalized the new agreement with the London club, with which he is tied until 2022. Above, the photo immediately following the signature. Day of renewal, therefore, for the Spurs, who have also made official the extension for Heung-Min Son .

I think you're being a little harsh. It's just that he's a rarity in the modern game, he likes to run with the ball and go past the opponent so sometimes it seems that way you describe.

He sees a pass quicker than most, often doing one and two touch passing . He's finding of space to receive the pass is good too.

If I were picking a Spurs five-a-side team, he'd be my first pick.

I don't think i am being harsh at all, many times people are in good positions to receive the ball and he will hold on to it for that 5 seconds longer and then either run into the opposition and lose the ball or the opposition get back into position and the counter is gone.

Not slating him as a player as i do rate him, its just this is clearly part of his game he needs to work on.

Don't know if it's been muted before but could he fill the Dembele role?

He's a good passer of the ball
He's tenacious in the tackle
He has good game awareness
He can go round people
And he can run with the ball

Just a thought

Don't know if it's been muted before but could he fill the Dembele role?

He's a good passer of the ball
He's tenacious in the tackle
He has good game awareness
He can go round people
And he can run with the ball

Just a thought

Some people have said it, however I don't see it. We have no idea if he has the defensive awareness required to fill that role, at least in a screening two. I'd consider him in a three with a DM and another equally aggressive #8.

I am really pleased he has signed again. I think he brings a bit of steel and nastyness to our midfield. He is tenacious, is good on the ball and Poch obviously sees something in him he really likes. Not to mention he wound up that ball sack Wilbrick last season and then laughed in the little clams face, plus he stamped on that clown shoe Fibreglass’s hand. Yeah, i am pleased with this signing

Really good news. We miss Lamela’s press and relentless energy when he doesn’t play.

Keeping the bulk of this squad together to develop further is also a very positive thing. Still want that marquee signing though - the winner who has seen and done it all.

Come home, Luka - you know you want to.

Great news.
Yep I like him too. I am not oblivious to his faults but he has chutzpah. He has vision, aggression, and the drive to have a successful season. I think his potential will be realised this season

Yes, he should release the ball a bit earlier on occasion but sometimes holding the ball longer opens up the pass and he has the ability to execute the killer pass. He just has to find the right balance.

Last edited:
Probably one for the unpopular opinions thread but as someone who likes to think of himself as patient with players I just don’t get it with Lamela. As always would love to be proved wrong by anyone in our colours but other than his work rate and cult hero status by committing niggly fouls he always looks off balance and very one footed to me, whilst makes poor decisions if he ever takes more than a touch. For someone so obviously strong on his left hand side I’m surprised how rarely he cuts in on it and curls one into the far post. Plus his injury record is a concern given our limited wage resources.

(Would love someone to quote me this post at the end of the season after he scores the winner in cup final and contributes 15 goals and assists in his 50 appearances in all competitions)

Back