• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

It is really disappointing that Lamela was not selected for the Argentina World Cup squad despite Lanzini got injured. Maybe his long term injury problems cost him his place in the Argentina squad. I guess Argentina's loss will be Spurs' gain as Lamela will be well rested for the next season.

I'm happy Lamela gets a summer to rest and be fit for pre season. He wouldn't have got many minutes in Russia anyway.

He showed in the final third of the season how influential he can be for us, culminating in the two goal performance against Leicester which guaranteed we finish above Liverpoo. That alone justifies the faith we showed in him, as a club.

Yeah...I would be disappointed if we let him go. I think him returning from injury, having a kid, it's all stuff that gives him maturity and perspective. I think he's always been a winner 'My friend, we can win the League', and now he's settled into the country and over his injury problems, he could be a surprise package for the season. Not a surprise to a lot of Spurs fans, but he could potentially be really influential.

It is really disappointing that Lamela was not selected for the Argentina World Cup squad despite Lanzini got injured. Maybe his long term injury problems cost him his place in the Argentina squad. I guess Argentina's loss will be Spurs' gain as Lamela will be well rested for the next season.

Or just maybe despite being a good player, Argentina have some world class players already and which are better options and don’t think as highly of him as most GG posters do?

It's unusual to find you in this thread having a dig at Lamela.

I try not to disappoint (maybe I should try harder). Needs to be a balance to those who think we should build a statue of him/name the new stadium after him.

Btw, how is saying that Argentina have better players than Lamela a dig? :)o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: DTA
Back