• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Not good enough compared to what?

Not good enough compared with the players in these roles that our rivals have, not by a long, long way. Not good enough compared to players who score more than 8 times in over a hundred games, see Deli Alli. So if the likes of Lamela are the answer than resign yourself to not winning anything. We need to up grade if we expect to win. This guy flatters to deceive.

8 goals and 20 assists in over a 100 games. He would be one I would be looking to cash in on, so as to get an up grade. Seriously, this club is going no where if we are relying on a limited player like Lamela. He isn't good enough.

I'm happy if he sticks around as a squad player as long as Son/Moura start the majority of games ahead of him. If Lamela gets a run in the side and starts scoring more goals than fair enough.

Not good enough compared with the players in these roles that our rivals have, not by a long, long way. Not good enough compared to players who score more than 8 times in over a hundred games, see Deli Alli. So if the likes of Lamela are the answer than resign yourself to not winning anything. We need to up grade if we expect to win. This guy flatters to deceive.

Are those so-called-better-than-Lamela player reachable for Spurs?

8 goals and 20 assists in over a 100 games. He would be one I would be looking to cash in on, so as to get an up grade. Seriously, this club is going no where if we are relying on a limited player like Lamela. He isn't good enough.

Lamela is not all about assists and goals. His workrate and tenacity helps us greatly as well. He stops our opponents from playing by tackling, harassing and even by stepping on them ! And he never goes missing against big teams unlike some players. I am convinced we would have beaten ManU if Lamela had started instead of Son. When Dembele lost the ball against ManU, all our players just stood there watching like statues. Lamela would have put pressure on the ManU player. As it is proven yet again, Son is simply useless against big teams.

Lamela is not all about assists and goals. His workrate and tenacity helps us greatly as well. He stops our opponents from playing by tackling, harassing and even by stepping on them ! And he never goes missing against big teams unlike some players. I am convinced we would have beaten ManU if Lamela had started instead of Son. When Dembele lost the ball against ManU, all our players just stood there watching like statues. Lamela would have put pressure on the ManU player. As it is proven yet again, Son is simply useless against big teams.

Harsh on son, he lacks in areas, but so does lamela.

Well Son wasn't bad in the home games against Dortmund and Liverpool to name but two. He certainly had a very poor game in the SF and, with the benefit of hindsight, I agree with you that a typical feisty Lamela performance may have helped us retain the dominance that we started the match with.

Well Son wasn't bad in the home games against Dortmund and Liverpool to name but two. He certainly had a very poor game in the SF and, with the benefit of hindsight, I agree with you that a typical feisty Lamela performance may have helped us retain the dominance that we started the match with.

It's easy to say he goes missing in the big games, but he doesn't.
Son and lamela play similar positions but in totally different styles.
Son is very direct, get ball go for goal.
Lamela is more measured, will look for options.
Or
Son is frenetic and lamela is ponderous.
Truth is all description are correct.
Defensively they both expend a lot energy, but lamela is much more effective with it.

It's easy to say he goes missing in the big games, but he doesn't.
Son and lamela play similar positions but in totally different styles.
Son is very direct, get ball go for goal.
Lamela is more measured, will look for options.
Or
Son is frenetic and lamela is ponderous.
Truth is all description are correct.
Defensively they both expend a lot energy, but lamela is much more effective with it.
And you need both those types in a squad.

I reckon he might well be washed up now, as far as our club is concerned. I would not at all be surprised if heads back to Serie A next season.

Maybe it suits him more

I’ve said it laods about on here, he simply doesn’t suit us when we play teams that defend... the passing and guile people talk about isn’t there and he is so predictable

Against attacking sides he gets extra room and his defensive side helps... but i still say playing an attacker for defensive side is a problem

Maybe it suits him more

I’ve said it laods about on here, he simply doesn’t suit us when we play teams that defend... the passing and guile people talk about isn’t there and he is so predictable

Against attacking sides he gets extra room and his defensive side helps... but i still say playing an attacker for defensive side is a problem

I'm with you. I dont generally have a problem if he stays as 5th or 6th choice for the 3 positions behind Kane, but still think we can find someone who might make more of an impact

I have had enough of watching that is the truth. He cannot take a player on, never shoots and just passes sideways. He always does this roll over thing with his boot for nothing. Gets a chance through on goal and tries to take a touch. No real pace and no will to beat a man. In such a pivotal attacking position he needs to do a lot more than just work hard for the team.

His time is run in my book.

I have had enough of watching that is the truth. He cannot take a player on, never shoots and just passes sideways. He always does this roll over thing with his boot for nothing. Gets a chance through on goal and tries to take a touch. No real pace and no will to beat a man. In such a pivotal attacking position he needs to do a lot more than just work hard for the team.

His time is run in my book.
He is very good at being “injured” though.

A slightly better version of Sissoko.

His one footedness is embarrassing. He hustles and runs a lot but so did Freund, we could go to a lower ranked league in Europe and get another him or pick one up from the championship and actually put the money to someone good.

If he is still highly rated in Italy then it is time to cash in and go off and buy some Norwegian for 2m who will run around a lot and use the left over money for the quality player fund.

We have signed to many average players.

Think yesterday was one of the poorest displays he has produced for us. Was absolutely gobsmacked when Alli came off before him.

I I can't dance that in some games he looks a bit too limited. However he's far from a bad squad player to have. He makes things happen when he comes on. Thinking of the assist he got for Kane within a minute of his injury comeback, the penalty he won against VVD in the 2-2 draw at Anfield. He takes a better corner than anyone else in our squad including Eriksen.

BUT, he's not developing into any sort of goal threat despite being in a position to do so. Everyone else chips in with goals, Alli, Son, Erikssen. Even Moura looks more likely to score and he plays less minutes than Lamela.

I suspect Poch will want to keep him but I think his is one of several positions that we can upgrade on in the summer.

Back