• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Erik Lamela (announced by Roma p.41)

Surely they are waiting on a work permit for him? Chiriches is from EU so wasnt an issue for him

Lamela has a spanish passport so no work permit needed. An Italian journo has said the deal is done and he's signed, Spurs just waiting to announce for some reason?

Lamela has a spanish passport so no work permit needed. An Italian journo has said the deal is done and he's signed, Spurs just waiting to announce for some reason?

Probably something to do with the Bale transfer, not wanting to weaken our hand with Real and not wanting to help Arsenal.

But, our other transfers have taken a long time to actually go through, maybe we are just incompetent.

Probably something to do with the Bale transfer, not wanting to weaken our hand with Real and not wanting to help Arsenal.

But, our other transfers have taken a long time to actually go through, maybe we are just incompetent.

Incompetent??? A club outside CL who buys Chiriches, Soldado, Paulinho, Chadli and Capoue before deadline without selling Bale - I call it brilliant piece of business. The last pieces is still left to be done re. Bale and Lamela (and possibly more), but I personally is over the moon over the incoming transfers up till this date. In later years we have got used to sitting on Deadline Day hoping for a transfer or two. Now we can just relax, knowing we are in good shape whatever happens.

Could be they don't want to overshadow the Chiriches signing and want to space out the announcements to give every player an outing in the media headlines. In the era of 24 hour rolling news, three simultaneous announcements gets far less air-time than three announcements spaced out over a couple of days. And that, in turn, raises the club's profile.

Just a theory, by the way. Not saying this *is* the case.

Incompetent??? A club outside CL who buys Chiriches, Soldado, Paulinho, Chadli and Capoue before deadline without selling Bale - I call it brilliant piece of business. The last pieces is still left to be done re. Bale and Lamela (and possibly more), but I personally is over the moon over the incoming transfers up till this date. In later years we have got used to sitting on Deadline Day hoping for a transfer or two. Now we can just relax, knowing we are in good shape whatever happens.

How do you know these signing will work? We spent £32m on Dembele, Sigi and Dempsey last year. None have really shone . if we don't sign Erickson and Lamele we will be left we a rather flat not very creative team.

I was not actually talking in those terms. we will all be very pi$$ed off if they don't happen. To lose one player after a medical is unfortunate to lose two could look careless.

Could be they don't want to overshadow the Chiriches signing and want to space out the announcements to give every player an outing in the media headlines. In the era of 24 hour rolling news, three simultaneous announcements gets far less air-time than three announcements spaced out over a couple of days. And that, in turn, raises the club's profile.

Just a theory, by the way. Not saying this *is* the case.

Alternatively, given that these players are unlikely to figure in the NLD, and the next match is 2 weeks away, what's the hurry? Expect Lamela, Erikson, Coentrao, Turan and Messi to be announced on Tuesday morning :-"

Maybe we're just delaying it all until the last minute to ensure that the scum run out of time to conclude any deals for Ozil, Benzema and Di Maria, or to at least ensure they can't sign in time for the NLD

New signings songs?:

Chirches: "He's Vlad! He's Vlad! He's really, really Vlad!"

Lamela: "They call him Coco, Coco Lamela,
He plays for the Spurs and he's - bella"

Thoughts?

We love you Erik Lamela
The star of Argentina
You'll make your name,
at White Hart Lane
Erik Lameeela
Erik Lamela

To the lovely music of Don't cry for me Argentina of course!

What a great signing to add to an already very impressive summer. Hats off to the hierarchy. Fantastic.

Back