• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

I’d like an upgrade on Eric and Davies
I think they are burn very good players but upgrades on them both would mean top top drawer players
I wanted an upgrade on Eric before Conte came in, but he has been playing a lot better ever since. If he's a "top-4 player" vs. getting in a "top-4 player in that position in the PL," I'd rather just keep Dier and get a highly-rated prospect (like Benoit Badiashile).

As for Davies, he's not on the same level as Eric. He does make some crucial blocks at times from shots on goal, I'm not claiming that he's utter garbage; I don't find that he wins the ball back often enough, thus requiring those crucial blocks. I much prefer the team to put the fire out before allowing a chance, which is what Romero does so well. He puts so much pressure on forward players receiving passes, depriving them of time or getting a touch/tackle onto the ball. I'm not saying the left side needs to mirror the right, but a similar, less-aggressive role can work in tandem and Davies IMO doesn't fit that bill. Not saying we should sell him, might be a good guy to have around, but I do think he'd be an easy upgrade. Josko Gvardiol is a decent player who plays CB and LB, and has become a mainstay in the Croatian national team, might be a good replacement player.

Heard that De Vrij might be up for grabs this summer, at only around 20m. Conte knows him, he plays CCB, might be someone that puts Dier on the bench.
IMO and isn’t that good
He is like a slower version of Dier
But that’s just my opinion of course
Now the LCB at inter…..

I'd like an upgrade on every player in the squad, but you have to prioritise. Right now upgrading Dier isn't close to a priority and it would take a decent chunk of our budget to do it.

For me none of our starting CBs are a priority right now. Backup/rotation options at CB are though. Only makes sense to try to sign someone that would improve the starting 11 if we can, making a current starter the backup/rotation. But a younger player with potential that can be a more effective backup at first and perhaps in time become first choice would be fine.

I'd like an upgrade on every player in the squad, but you have to prioritise. Right now upgrading Dier isn't close to a priority and it would take a decent chunk of our budget to do it.
Surely not Kane and Son? Otherwise agree. A competent CB partnership and a system that plays to their strength may be enough rather than a WC player in each role. After all that's what Leicester had when they won the title. And Eric is far better than both Wes Morgan and Robert Huth imo.

Surely not Kane and Son? Otherwise agree. A competent CB partnership and a system that plays to their strength may be enough rather than a WC player in each role. After all that's what Leicester had when they won the title. And Eric is far better than both Wes Morgan and Robert Huth imo.
If we could get an upgrade on them we'd better, so yes

Purely being devils advocate here and nore than a bit tongue in cheek, but if dier is better than a title winning Morgan and a multiple title winning huth then are Kane and son not at least part of the problem and we should be looking for upgrades?
I mean dier was our weakest cb out of toby and jan, so the defence couldn't be our problem.

Seriously does it matter who wears the armband? We have a couple of leaders on the pitch.

Last edited:
Back