• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Every time. Every time he opens his mouth, every single time, without exception.

After a win, someone needs to go round his gaff and superglue his door shut until the next game to stop his disastrous, farcical 'rallying calls'.

Really a joke how many times we go to pieces after one of those. Either him, or Winks, or Lloris.

Honestly? I think it is a joke that this is even being raised as ‘a reason’…

So happy to see him playing so well. Was one of my favourite players around 2016, but more recently I was in the camp who didn’t think he had it in him to be good enough for this team. Delighted that he’s proving me wrong. Such a likeable character.

The honesty is refreshing mate as I many coated him and still cannot admit his importance to the squad.

Didn't put a foot wrong on Monday night. Was the best of our three at the back and it was only the fact that many of our more attacking players played so well that he wasn't in with a shout for the MoTM (who I thought was Doherty but cases could also be made for Kulusevski, Kane and Bentancur)

Dier is making me eat my words since Conte came in. I thought he needed to go and play regular football at centre back at a lower level to learn how to play there (as his positioning was often all wrong). Not sure if it is Conte's coaching, playing in a three leaving him less exposed or (more likely) a combination of both, but he has put in consistently good performances for us under Conte in the middle of the back three. I hope it continues.

Still think the captain talk is premature, but he’s been much much better this season, looks more assured and has cut down on the mistakes which is vital for a CB. Dier, Romero + 1 more signing at CB in the summer would be nice for next season.

How is he not in the England squad in front of Maguire? It's not like it's just recent form that should have him ahead of Maguire, it's the full season.
Not that I'm complaining, I'd rather none of our players were in the squad.

England play mostly with a back four? Or?

I think he's much better suited to the current central role in a three, definitely if the comparison is as the left sided CB in a back four. That may be part of it if Southgate wants a back four.

His performances for us now keep being at a very good level. Long may it continue.

How is he not in the England squad in front of Maguire? It's not like it's just recent form that should have him ahead of Maguire, it's the full season.
Not that I'm complaining, I'd rather none of our players were in the squad.

Since VAR I don't watch much non-Spurs football, but I must admit there are 3 players in that squad who I've never really heard of/seen before (the two Palace ones and Smith Rowe)

It's a shame Skipp is injured, as with Phillips out, he'd've had a good chance to stake a claim for the slot alongside Rice.

Since VAR I don't watch much non-Spurs football, but I must admit there are 3 players in that squad who I've never really heard of/seen before (the two Palace ones and Smith Rowe)

It's a shame Skipp is injured, as with Phillips out, he'd've had a good chance to stake a claim for the slot alongside Rice.
Conor Gallagher and Smith Rowe deserve their callups, they've been playing well. Marc Guehi probably deserves to be in there in front of the likes of Mings and Maguire.

Have to give it up for Eric. He is in good form. I though that if we turn out to be the team we all want Spurs to be, challenging for the Premier League, Eric would be on the bench. Not sold like many CBs at our club, but on the bench, the central CB option. He is a good leader, gives everything, he deserves to stay at the club. Now, looking at how he plays, he might just be a starter în that team, that we all want. He is making a lot less silly mistakes, isnt looking shaky anymore and has good defensive awareness. All of those improved. Hope he keeps up the good work, so we only have to look for a LCB this summer. We have plenty of positions to improve and him stepping up is a relief, maybe there is one less thing to look at.

Have to give it up for Eric. He is in good form. I though that if we turn out to be the team we all want Spurs to be, challenging for the Premier League, Eric would be on the bench. Not sold like many CBs at our club, but on the bench, the central CB option. He is a good leader, gives everything, he deserves to stay at the club. Now, looking at how he plays, he might just be a starter în that team, that we all want. He is making a lot less silly mistakes, isnt looking shaky anymore and has good defensive awareness. All of those improved. Hope he keeps up the good work, so we only have to look for a LCB this summer. We have plenty of positions to improve and him stepping up is a relief, maybe there is one less thing to look at.
I’d like an upgrade on Eric and Davies
I think they are burn very good players but upgrades on them both would mean top top drawer players

Back