1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Eric Dier

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Jordinho, 31 Jul 2014.

1. Bishop

Bishop Mauricio Taricco

Sorry the West Ham game, when Lloris had then come flying out to stop Bowen (I think) in a 1on1. Dier totally misjudged the ball and let it bounce over his head to the West Ham player. A bit slack, it happens but he has a history of it happening too often. Hopefully just a couple of lapses and not a return to Dierabolical.

2. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover the prettiest spice girl

Probably go back to midfield.

3. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Micky Hazard

The West Ham game was the brick pass out to their midfielder
    I don’t remember the leaving of the ball but the goal they scored came form his error

metalgear likes this.
  4. Bullet

Bullet Steffen Freund

JWP scored, read it again

5. scaramanga

scaramanga Mel Hopkins Staff Member

Was just about to post the same thing.

Dier was controlling the ball and had it handled. The pigfarmer booted Dier's foot through the ball and got away with it.

6. metalgear

metalgear Jack Jull

Still too many passes that complete with no real purpose. Many put receivers under pressure running back towards goal unecessarily... Boy has vision and a good range of passing but needs a dose of courage and quicker thinking and show some leadership.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

7. braineclipse

braineclipse Gary Stevens

The header yeah. And the reaction from KWP is fine.

Yeah, Dier blocked a different one. Again with his side turned, hit is near arm, but he had his other arm outstretched so doesn't minimise the risk of a penalty either.

It's not that hard, strand up straight, don't turn, want to get hit by the ball. Getting hit by the ball hurts, but it may prevent a goal. That pain is the feeling of winning more.

It's a very different situation of course, but remember the wall that broke debacle years ago. Different, but similar none the less. If you're not wanting to be hit by a shot, willing to make yourself a bigger target, what are you doing? Dropping points needlessly.

He wants to be a leader? Be a leader then. This is the opposite of leading by example.

Would be surprised if Conte is fine with this sort of thing.

papaspur likes this.
  8. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Andy Thompson

Dunno who’s supposed to be organising defensive positions ahead of their goal but how the feck did we end up with 4 of our players around just one of theirs in the 6 years box whilst their best player is left completely unmarked on the edge of our area?!

5B63F24C-3A17-447A-8A21-E457AD878778.jpeg

9. Bedfordspurs

Because it was a flat throw that we knew was oncoming so we defend it like a corner

Baleforce likes this.
  10. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Willie Hall

Dele was literally a millimeter from getting something on it. In fairness, I have looked several times for blame and have to concede it was, again, one of those shots which is just on point.

ricky2tricky4city likes this.
  11. Bedfordspurs

Some people have blamed Dier.. I think that’s odd and as you say it was a great strike

12. Bullet

Bullet Steffen Freund

I'm not outright "blaming" Dier.
    But it is true that he turned sideways and flinched as the ball flew an inch past him.
    Had he bravely stood strong like a wall with arms behind his back like John JT Terry, it would have hit him.

SteveAWOL, papaspur and braineclipse like this.
  13. Bedfordspurs

Possibly hit him
    Of course he would have had to expect the shot coming

14. braineclipse

braineclipse Gary Stevens

Agreed on "possibly". Agreed on it being a great strike.

He obviously knew the shot was coming. Or do you think he moves like that if doesn't expect the shot? He expects a pass, or control from Ward Prowse, or for the ball to just continue past Ward Prowse so he turns his side and bends over like that? To what end exactly? Just randomly moving like that if not expecting a shot isn't better.

If what I'm doing is blaming Dier, fine.

Is it too much to ask, from a centre back, from a player that seems to want to be a leader, to stand up as tall and wide as he can to try to block a shot?

I should just accept that when shots come in our players will turn their sides and make themselves a smaller target meaning there's a higher chance of conceding a goal?

Bullet, SteveAWOL and papaspur like this.
  15. Bedfordspurs

Yeah I think your being massively picky

16. DeanoAustin

DeanoAustin John Lacy

Isn't Winks the most culpable there? He's marking no-one and not really alive to the danger. You can see he's flat footed there rather than anticipating the danger. The others are defending the flat throw in the same way we'd defend a corner as someone said above. And it was Ward-Prowse too who is their most dangerous striker of a ball. Winks had a good game but he has some responsibility for this one in my book.

It's a bloody super strike though. It literally went the only place it could go to end up in the net and the technique to do it was out of this world.

17. metalgear

metalgear Jack Jull

Too much time for given for that shot on goal.
    We don't get those opportunities do we?
    It's midfield or attack that screwed up.

18. parklane1

parklane1 Terry Dyson

I agree, but because its Dier and despite him being one of our best players ( so far) under Conte there will always be those who will blame him.

Baleforce and thfcsteff like this.
  19. Bedfordspurs

He has made mistakes. He did one at the end of the game
    But yen goal against wasn’t an error imo

thfcsteff, papaspur and harr1984 like this.
  20. billyiddo

billyiddo Garth Crooks Staff Member

Anyone who ducks out the way of a shot that goes in will be criticised for it

metalgear and braineclipse like this.