• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

He's partly been more switched on this season, and that's good. But he's also been helped by the system we're playing with Japh as a quasi-CB and Skipp and Hojbjerg in front of him to minimize the amount of front-foot defending he's had to do.

He still has moments where his natural lack of ability shows - that stride into midfield against Wolves, for example, where Neves easily dispossessed him and fed it to Traore who should have scored.

I've been a lot more impressed by Sanchez, who has not only not made many errors, but has also played some stunning long passes I didn't know he had in his locker.

Agree that Sanchez also has been much better. Once again, I think it starts with confidence in the system, better protection, more coherent plan.

And with Dier, a leopard will have spots regardless of the name of the zoo-keeper, and you can't improve the turning radius of a cruise liner very much. So yes, Dier still has weaknesses. Who doesn't?

That's really the point! It seems so far that we're much better at mitigating the weak spots of our players, instead of leaving them in situations where they can be exposed, and taken advantage of.

Dier hasn't turned into Van Dijk overnight, nor will he. But he can still do a pretty darn good job for us, if we utilize him correctly.

And as for positivity/negativity, it is not rocket science; I want Spurs-players to succeed! At Spurs! Because if they do, Spurs will have success!
Does that mean that all 25 players in the squad are world beaters, the next Messi/Bale/that other guy? Of course not.
Can we upgrade a few? Certainly! And we have, and we will. (And someone else will become the fall guy, the one a minority of the fans groan about, boo or hiss at, etc. )

But while they are at Spurs, and doing their best, I'll support them, love'em, and occationally the will tinkle me off so that I swear at them. (More or less as with my kids, then). What I won't do, is disown them. (again, as my kids)

Dier is not a bad player.
Like many of our team he has suffered from playing in a system that doesn't suit him.
Much like Doherty and to a lesser extent dele.
It should also be obvious that finally having a stable back line and decent protection in front of it there would be improvements.

Loool where have all these dier lovers come from? He's been terrible for 3 years. Three games upped his game to average and all of a sudden ....

Loool where have all these dier lovers come from? He's been terrible for 3 years. Three games upped his game to average and all of a sudden ....

The collective need to back a donkey and now Sissoko and Aurier have left it’s Diers turn

I have supported this team all my life, it has taken my sanity and my soul.

But you wouldn't have it any other way... supporting Spurs is a ride unlike no other....what if we were Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans or Palace fans?....our lows may be gut-wrenching but our highs are spectacular
TBF, our highs are more gut-wrenching than our lows. Over the last 15 years, at least.

I have supported this team all my life, it has taken my sanity and my soul.

But you wouldn't have it any other way... supporting Spurs is a ride unlike no other....what if we were Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans or Palace fans?....our lows may be gut-wrenching but our highs are spectacular

"Highs"? Plural?

You're not doing it right.

Hard to tell. I thought maybe he had broken his toe or something.. either way we are in for a rough few weeks with these injuries and suspensions

It looked to me it was a foot injury of some sort, watching him before he went of he was struggling to put any weight on the foot. I guess we will see lets hope its not too serious he has been great this season.

It looked to me it was a foot injury of some sort, watching him before he went of he was struggling to put any weight on the foot. I guess we will see lets hope its not too serious he has been great this season.
Broken bone in the foot can be a mare to put weight on
And also scarily common with that type of impact

Back