• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

i think Dier is at best, an 8-10th place CB and should in no way be our first choice starting CB.

But Andy Carroll will dominate probably every defender in the league in a head-on duel for jumps and headers, so i'm not going to hold anything against Dier on that.

i think Dier is at best, an 8-10th place CB and should in no way be our first choice starting CB.

But Andy Carroll will dominate probably every defender in the league in a head-on duel for jumps and headers, so i'm not going to hold anything against Dier on that.
True, not many can match Carroll in the air. Although Mourinho’s quest for a backup CF suggests that he wouldn’t mind someone in the mould of a younger Llorente who could come on to help us see out such games, when we’re on the receiving end of aerial bombardment...

5E11C871-4603-428B-9B42-76D99B359743.jpeg

We’ve got big problems if Dier is a bacon sandwich. I don’t think he is personally. Toby still is IMO even though he’s older and not what he was 2 years ago.

Toby is too slow for the PL, unless we play a back three he’s too much of a risk against most teams.

I think Sanchez has the best metrics, but he’s not performing to the level I think he is capable of.

Toby is too slow for the PL, unless we play a back three he’s too much of a risk against most teams.

I think Sanchez has the best metrics, but he’s not performing to the level I think he is capable of.

Other than being quick I disagree. Can’t pass. Doesn’t deal with long balls over the top. Gets outmuscled much easier than he should do. Average when it comes to decision making. Amazed no one has checked his passport to confirm he’s South American. Normally South American CB’s are good on the ball.

Other than being quick I disagree. Can’t pass. Doesn’t deal with long balls over the top. Gets outmuscled much easier than he should do. Average when it comes to decision making. Amazed no one has checked his passport to confirm he’s South American. Normally South American CB’s are good on the ball.

It's the physicals that matter, thats the hardware, you install the software you need to run, his malaise is a failure of our coaching and possibly his commitment.

Focussing on the CBs to sort out our defence misses a key part of the jigsaw imho. Think back to the last time we were solid, when we had Wanyama and Dembele patrolling in front of the defence. A DM in their mould would take some pressure off Sánchez and Dier making them less jittery and prone to mistakes. Hell it’s the lack of a DM that has exposed Alderweireld’s weaknesses too.

Focussing on the CBs to sort out our defence misses a key part of the jigsaw imho. Think back to the last time we were solid, when we had Wanyama and Dembele patrolling in front of the defence. A DM in their mould would take some pressure off Sánchez and Dier making them less jittery and prone to mistakes. Hell it’s the lack of a DM that has exposed Alderweireld’s weaknesses too.

isn’t PEH a DM?

It's the physicals that matter, thats the hardware, you install the software you need to run, his malaise is a failure of our coaching and possibly his commitment.

Except that he’s never been a good passer. Even before we signed him. Jose famously targeted him in the Europa league final because he is so bad on the ball. He will never be a top CB unless he sorts that out. Dunno how we ended up with the only ex Ajax player who isn’t comfortable on the ball. I don’t think being quick alone is enough to say he has all the tools.

Great post and its spot on.

So tonight the ball seems to hit Jiota on the arm, helping him score a goal. No handball. Yet Dier... I wonder what the difference is between the two?

Haribo necking is disgusting behaviour and truly unprofessional and unforgivable. I’d have far more respect for him if he could get involved with some good old fashioned drink driving after going out with Chelsea players.
If only there was someone in the squad who could put a (broken) arm around his shoulder and help him with that.

From the documentary we learned that Mourinho uses the term "brick themselves" every few minutes.
Has Dier developed a phobia of bricking himself in public from spending that amount of time with Mourinho?

Back