• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Not if you watch Sanchez carefully, he’s jittery.
Dier is OK
I’m very critical of Sanchez and it will take some turnaround to convince me we can’t improve upon him, but he didn’t do a lot wrong today on and off the ball.

I’m very critical of Sanchez and it will take some turnaround to convince me we can’t improve upon him, but he didn’t do a lot wrong today on and off the ball.

Today, I could have played against (if I could be arsed to pump up me wheelchair tyres) Saudi Sportswashing Machine they where dreadful ;)

Today, I could have played against (if I could be arsed to pump up me wheelchair tyres) Saudi Sportswashing Machine they where dreadful ;)
Be that as it may Sanchez was fine with the limited demands made on him today. I have little doubt I’ll be posting negative observations about him again but I do try and not let my pre conceptions influence my remarks. I’ve been arguing a little with my mate who I’ve sat next to at Spurs for 10 years as I think he’s taken the freakish nature if the result to justify the pre match criticisms we both shared, whereas I feel that this was the most positive I’ve felt after our previous 4 matches, even though 3 of them were wins. The caveat is that perhaps Saudi Sportswashing Machine are so brick they forced us to control the game but I prefer to be optimistic!

Be that as it may Sanchez was fine with the limited demands made on him today. I have little doubt I’ll be posting negative observations about him again but I do try and not let my pre conceptions influence my remakes. I’ve been arguing a little with my mate who I’ve sat next to at Spurs for 10 years as I think he’s taken the freakish nature if the result to justify the pre match criticisms we both shared, whereas I feel that this was the most positive I’ve felt after our previous 4 matches, even though 3 of them were wins. The caveat is that perhaps Saudi Sportswashing Machine are so brick they forced us to control the game but I prefer to be optimistic!

I don’t think I’d keep any of our back four!
I nearly choked when Davies kicked the ball against can’t remember ??!

Be that as it may Sanchez was fine with the limited demands made on him today. I have little doubt I’ll be posting negative observations about him again but I do try and not let my pre conceptions influence my remarks. I’ve been arguing a little with my mate who I’ve sat next to at Spurs for 10 years as I think he’s taken the freakish nature if the result to justify the pre match criticisms we both shared, whereas I feel that this was the most positive I’ve felt after our previous 4 matches, even though 3 of them were wins. The caveat is that perhaps Saudi Sportswashing Machine are so brick they forced us to control the game but I prefer to be optimistic!
I agree
The only thing now is that game felt like a defeat afterwards

I don’t think I’d keep any of our back four!
We have a new LB to come in, Doherty I think will be an upgrade on Aurier. I do think we need a better CB with a bit of pace which may help the others. Dier we have give a little patience with as he’s in a learning curve but he can’t have Tony ushering him through the game as it leaves us exposed for pace (especially with Davies tucking in).

We have a new LB to come in, Doherty I think will be an upgrade on Aurier. I do think we need a better CB with a bit of pace which may help the others. Dier we have give a little patience with as he’s in a learning curve but he can’t have Tony ushering him through the game as it leaves us exposed for pace (especially with Davies tucking in).

yes LB not withstanding

the rest are not top 6

Doherty Is a disappointment but early days!

No you aren’t wrong. I’ve never seen a decent centre back in him and he’s proving a liability with the way VAR is now. He has no idea how to defend in the box.

The season he played in a back three with Verts and Alderweireld was probably our best defence in the modern era.

The season he played in a back three with Verts and Alderweireld was probably our best defence in the modern era.
Yeah I agree
But there was a balance there in those players
We don’t have a left footed CB which IMO we need to play that way

and Davie is weak in the air to be a regular CB before he is suggested

Back