• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

I dont know that he was that much worse, but he certainly wasnt good.

Only real defence of him is his complete lack of football and fitness the last year. Its possible when up to speed he gets back to his best?

I mean, it doesnt look that way, but you never know...
He is unable to do anything other than give the ball away. I wanted him back in to give the center halves some protection but had forgotten his habit of giving the ball away 5 times a game in dangerous positions.

He is unable to do anything other than give the ball away. I wanted him back in to give the center halves some protection but had forgotten his habit of giving the ball away 5 times a game in dangerous positions.

All I can say is - what did you expect considering his utter lack of football in the last 9-12 months?

Id hold fire on damning him too much just yet, at least until he has had a chance to find some sort of form.

Calling out Dier after his first start in a long time do just plain stupid IMO

There are bigger things that are a problem than him
I don't agree mate. I like Dier but he has been poor for so long in a position we are desperate for a player to nail down. If today was a one off I could forgive but like Eriksen I cannot remember when he last played well. His last performance against Bournemouth was also a horror show iirc. Dier and Wanyama cannot be trusted in that double pivot position.

I don't agree mate. I like Dier but he has been poor for so long in a position we are desperate for a player to nail down. If today was a one off I could forgive but like Eriksen I cannot remember when he last played well. His last performance against Bournemouth was also a horror show iirc. Dier and Wanyama cannot be trusted in that double pivot position.

Bournemouth with 9 men?

is there a gnarly, experienced bastard of a player available from Italy perhaps who could come in on an 18 month deal in Jan to sort out a huge team weakness? Who was it that brought Witzel back from China?

When was the last time Dier actually had a proper run of 5-10 games in a row, the time he has been out 1 or 2 here and then is not enough.
He has to justify being given 5-10 games in a row. Every time he plays he is awful. In a key position we cannot afford the luxury at the moment. He is far better with the game in front of him. I would play him as part of a back 3 only not in a double pivot position.

Back