1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Eric Dier

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Jordinho, 31 Jul 2014.

1. scaramanga

scaramanga Erik Thorstvedt Staff Member

But glitches do....... :confused:

Jon likes this.
  2. the dza

the dza Christian Ziege

When is Dier back? I've had my criticisms of him, but we really need another option so we can rotate through the fixtures.

3. awesome dawson

awesome dawson Teemu Tainio

He posted a semi cryptic message the other day with a sand timer emoji. It's not a bad operation, one week to recover should be fine and he's already had longer than that. I reckon he's getting back up to full fitness within the next week. Maybe back after the Utd game, same with Jan.

4. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Luka Modric

He is back on the training on the training pitch

5. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL John Lacy

ICYMI Dier commenced “reconditioning” last week...

the dza and Mosquito_Coasting like this.
  6. Raziel

Raziel Steve Carr

Need him on pitch soon ..

7. Jon

Jon Chris Armstrong

Stamping on Hazard would be nice timing.

8. parklane1

parklane1 Andy Thompson

It will be good to see him back, i believe both Winks and Skipp have got the ability to be very good players but Dier has been missed ( imo).

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  9. Bullet

Bullet Jimmy McCormick

Jeez he looks like a straggly hobo. Get that beard trimmed man, you will immediately feel fitter

10. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL John Lacy

11. spurspinter1

spurspinter1 Clint Dempsey

Might be completely wrong (more than likely) but I reckon if Toby does leave in the summer (if so hopefully overseas of course) we could see Dier play more of a CB role again meaning we might not need a direct replacement considering Foyth should also really be looking to stake a claim as a regular starter. This switch could free up space, wages and some transfer budget for a shiny new beast of a CM that we're all hoping for.

12. MKSpur

MKSpur Sergei Rebrov

I’d be really disappointed if we didn’t replace Tony at at all and the beast of a CM should be from a completely different pile of cash that Levy has been saving as a present for our patience over the last couple of windows!

That said I’m still torn whether midfield or centre back is his best position but I think he’s have a great shout at being our best right back this season!

13. parklane1

parklane1 Andy Thompson

This is the reason i believe Dier is a very important player for us, he is good enough to play all those positions and does all of them well.

Robbo, monkeybarry and Bedfordspurs like this.
  14. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Vedran Corluka

I love Dier but if I'm honest I've never seen him have many good games at CH.

15. P.D.

P.D. Milija Aleksic

Wow didn't realise he's played 200 games for us and come to think of it he is never injured, very dependable and now a senior player having just turned 25.

16. parklane1

parklane1 Andy Thompson

Well he is not as good as Toby and Jan ( not many are) but he is good enough to play there.

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  17. AdamB

AdamB Ian Walker

He's far better as a DM in my view, not only in terms of his ability in that position but he also offers us the ability to change formation mid-game.

Personally I dont think he's that great in a back 4

Robbo, Hotspur75 and Bedfordspurs like this.
  18. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Luka Modric

He isnt as affective in a 2 but is fine in a 3

19. Ade's folks are ok really

Ade's folks are ok really Wilson Palacios

What he said.

He had some shockers at CH, particularly recall the first couple of CL seasons games where he looked way out of depth against European names - and not even the biggest ones.

It did also coincide with first season at Wembley where I think all our boys really struggled to cope with the extra few yards of space around themselves. Passes just seemed that little bit slack, weren't always to feet, players over reaching to make it to the ball etc. I remember Dier being one of the worst and got exposed plenty of times down his side of defence (was it Monaco!?)

Times have changed though, and although I still feel he's largely inconsistent - ten strong games followed by a long run of WTF is Dier doing games - we do seem to miss him when he's out of action for any prolonged period.

If Sissoko hadn't have stepped up so massively we'd have struggled this year. ...words I never thought I'd ever say. Ever.

StephenH likes this.
  20. StephenH

StephenH Tom Huddlestone

A very important period coming up for Dier.
    We are so thin in midfield he will get some games but I'm not quite sure we have missed him as much as many thought we would.
    Sissoko has surprised nearly everybody and has added power and pace and I'm not sure Eric can match him in these vital department.