• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

You've just disproved your point ;)

We are not the most expensive, therefore. And what gooners get for their money is arguably less too. Anyway look, if you wish to be negative and undermining..you do your thing. there is something to be said for keeping some pressure on Enic. But when that pressure affects the club negatively as it has recently, then at least know you are doing damage and your actions count; all be it from wherever you are posting from now.

Your point was that we pay 'maybe 20p more or whatever' than other clubs, and that our prices are 'almost the same' as other clubs.

That link shows you just how wrong that is, mate. Our most expensive ticket is 50% higher than 3rd place (and from 100% to 500% higher than the rest of the 17 clubs in the league). Our cheapest ticket is still 100% higher than the cheapest ticket in the league.

If that's the equivalent of 20p to you, maybe you should buy the club - clearly you have the dough for it! ;)

As for the Goons getting value for money, they aren't, but their owner just invested 200m of his own cash into the club this summer, and is reaping the rewards of that now.

Waiting for Levy and Lewis to do likewise. I suspect I will be waiting a very long time.

As for the pressure on the club affecting it negatively, bear in mind that there was no pressure on this lot when they started this run of disastrous decisions by refusing to spend a single cent on the team for a record-breaking 18 months in 2018-2019, and then sacking Poch straight after. They I need TP for my bunghole themselves after 20 grinding years of zero investment and zero care for the club they own. Maybe you should be on our side, mate? ;)

Also to add to the point, that is the most expensive season ticket, however our average season ticket price is the the highest in the league and not by 20p.

this forum continues to amuse me with the majority of posters insistence on being Levy acolytes and almost thinking that being anything other than being pro ENIC means there is something going wrong in an individual’s personal life( what a bizarre Reach that is).

luckily the tide of both opinion in the fan base and the wider footballing world realises that our owners are an utter shambles from a footballing perspective.

Also to add to the point, that is the most expensive season ticket, however our average season ticket price is the the highest in the league and not by 20p.

this forum continues to amuse me with the majority of posters insistence on being Levy acolytes and almost thinking that being anything other than being pro ENIC means there is something going wrong in an individual’s personal life( what a bizarre Reach that is).

luckily the tide of both opinion in the fan base and the wider footballing world realises that our owners are an utter shambles from a footballing perspective.

Last post on this. This is another misnomer trotted out by the divisive fans: that Spurs supporters are support Levy not the club. It is nonsense. Most supported Spurs pre-Enic and they or their families will post-enic. It is just a pragmatic position because Jeff Bezos is not waiting to buy Spurs. For your perspective to be anything other than naive, we have to have a viable alternative to Enic. You are either wishing for a Saudi-like takeover or you're looking at the few entities who would be interested in buying Spurs. That is basically some investors in the US that might deliver a UK NFL franchise. If there was a benign billionaire Spurs supporter I am sure we'd all be up for the ride. But the premise of trying to buy success makes football itself a race for wealth. Who has the largest bank balance, who can fiddle the most cash into their club? Is that really what you are after?

Our prices are almost the same as other clubs, we maybe get a little more from a nicer newer stadium. Its one of these winging myths that are trotted out by divisive fans, until you see we're 20p more or whatever.

The owners are made men. They want success as much as the rest of us. They just won't do it the dopped way but in a sustainable way. If that is incompatible with glory hunting fans who want to buy success, I'd look at your motives rather than theirs. Fair competition is a far more noble use of your campaigning ability. Where is the witch hunt for the oiled clubs ruining fair competition?

A distant owner who buys the club to make money would not bode well. As someone who knows about investing in companies, you should know that such an investment setup, is itself, highly risky. With the aim of the game making money out of the club. How is that compatible with your desires? Swap an ownership regime who reinvest all profits (bar a highish salary for Levy) for a investment consortium who's clear and stated aim is to make money? Yes Enic were that vehicle once upon a time, but times change, and now we have older owners who's families support this great club. Take that away and replace it with a cold investment fund. No thank you.

No, they are significantly higher.

Our cheapest non concession ticket is £807. Liverpool's is £685, Chelsea's is £595, Man Utd's £532. Leicester £365, Emirates Marketing Project £325, West Ham £320.

Those aren't 20p type numbers but significant percentage amount differences. The only club to have more expensive tickets than us at the bottom end of the scale are Arsenal - and they get 2 FA Cup matches included with their ST)

We already have a distant owner who has bought the club to make money (and his net worth has vastly increased due to the value of his share of THFC). I would imagine it would be hard to find an owner more distant than Joe Lewis. At least the overseas owners of other PL teams bother to attend some of their games.

Funnily enough I think that a decent number of owners in the PL have invested in a PL club not to make money but for the prestige, unfortunately we're stuck with owners who's main ambition is increasing their own net worth.

No, they are significantly higher.

Our cheapest non concession ticket is £807. Liverpool's is £685, Chelsea's is £595, Man Utd's £532. Leicester £365, Emirates Marketing Project £325, West Ham £320.

Those aren't 20p type numbers but significant percentage amount differences. The only club to have more expensive tickets than us at the bottom end of the scale are Arsenal - and they get 2 FA Cup matches included with their ST)

We already have a distant owner who has bought the club to make money (and his net worth has vastly increased due to the value of his share of THFC). I would imagine it would be hard to find an owner more distant than Joe Lewis. At least the overseas owners of other PL teams bother to attend some of their games.

Funnily enough I think that a decent number of owners in the PL have invested in a PL club not to make money but for the prestige, unfortunately we're stuck with owners who's main ambition is increasing their own net worth.

:D Hilarity. There is literally a graph posted by Dubai which shows we're the second most expensive, then you leave out the Goons who are the most comparable in location etc. As you were.

You've just disproved your point ;)

We are not the most expensive, therefore. And what gooners get for their money is arguably less too. Anyway look, if you wish to be negative and undermining..you do your thing. there is something to be said for keeping some pressure on Enic. But when that pressure affects the club negatively as it has recently, then at least know you are doing damage and your actions count; all be it from wherever you are posting from now.
Arguably less for their money? Arsenal get 2 FA Cup games included and also get to see their teams win trophies rather regularly as well.

If all you have to fall back on is that we're not quite as big a rip off as Arsenal then I think you're struggling a bit to be honest.

:D Hilarity. There is literally a graph posted by Dubai which shows we're the second most expensive, then you leave out the Goons who are the most comparable in location etc. As you were.
"The only club to have more expensive tickets than us at the bottom end of the scale are Arsenal - and they get 2 FA Cup matches included with their ST)"

The only hilarity here is that you clearly didn't even read my post.

I'm always wary of people who use a measure at the very extreme end of a scale as a yardstick. The same things happens when comparing our owners, The Glaziers are often the example given for why our owners are a positive for the club. When you're having to compare your own product to the very worst example in order for it to appear positive then it generally indicates that all isn't well.

"The only club to have more expensive tickets than us at the bottom end of the scale are Arsenal - and they get 2 FA Cup matches included with their ST)"

The only hilarity here is that you clearly didn't even read my post.

I'm always wary of people who use a measure at the very extreme end of a scale as a yardstick. The same things happens when comparing our owners, The Glaziers are often the example given for why our owners are a positive for the club. When you're having to compare your own product to the very worst example in order for it to appear positive then it generally indicates that all isn't well.

And I'm wary of people that tell porkies. If we're the second most expensive, say that.

Last post on this. This is another misnomer trotted out by the divisive fans: that Spurs supporters are support Levy not the club. It is nonsense. Most supported Spurs pre-Enic and they or their families will post-enic. It is just a pragmatic position because Jeff Bezos is not waiting to buy Spurs. For your perspective to be anything other than naive, we have to have a viable alternative to Enic. You are either wishing for a Saudi-like takeover or you're looking at the few entities who would be interested in buying Spurs. That is basically some investors in the US that might deliver a UK NFL franchise. If there was a benign billionaire Spurs supporter I am sure we'd all be up for the ride. But the premise of trying to buy success makes football itself a race for wealth. Who has the largest bank balance, who can fiddle the most cash into their club? Is that really what you are after?
I’m after owners who have imo a desire to be successful on the pitch; I don’t actually think Spurs supporters support ENIC and not the club; as a season ticket holder I know that most of the fans ( including myself) very much support the club and not ENIC; however there is a vocal minority perhaps more on forums such as these who seem to take offence at anything anti ENIC.

As for your “divisive” point; newsflash people have differing opinions; it’s very rare that everyone will be aligned and if you think that is what is breaking the club I have to say my friend in my opinion you are sadly deluded.
Also the requirement to have a suggestion on who can do better; unfortunately I don’t have a billionaire on speed dial ( even when I work for a large international investment bank); im merely a fan disillusioned with twenty plus years of ENIC for various reasons; however in the last few years when there was a real opportunity for us to establish ourselves we have fallen with one shambolic footballing descision to another.
Unfortunately in this day and age you have to buy success; that is the way football as a sport is set up; the best players play for the best clubs who spend the most amount of money.

That isn’t going to change, my gripe with ENIC is they seem to consistently want to act like a major player but their activity on the football side of things doesn’t reflect that; they may be unwilling or they may be incapable( I think it’s a mixture of both) but for a club that charges the highest average ticket prices in the country and I guess by extension that would equate to in Europe and the wider football world, it’s unacceptable to fall so far short and now moving backwards.

nothing would please me more than to see ENIC succeed because that means Tottenham would succeed, however there is simply no evidence to support that from a footballing perspective at the moment and imo unless ENIC deviate from their current modus operandi, we will continue to fall further behind

As has been mentioned that is for the most expensive individual ticket

A simple google search will show you that the highest average season ticket price is at Spurs and tbh to cling onto the fact that we have the second most expensive season ticket doesn’t really validate your point

I’m after owners who have imo a desire to be successful on the pitch; I don’t actually think Spurs supporters support ENIC and not the club; as a season ticket holder I know that most of the fans ( including myself) very much support the club and not ENIC; however there is a vocal minority perhaps more on forums such as these who seem to take offence at anything anti ENIC.

As for your “divisive” point; newsflash people have differing opinions; it’s very rare that everyone will be aligned and if you think that is what is breaking the club I have to say my friend in my opinion you are sadly deluded.
Also the requirement to have a suggestion on who can do better; unfortunately I don’t have a billionaire on speed dial ( even when I work for a large international investment bank); im merely a fan disillusioned with twenty plus years of ENIC for various reasons; however in the last few years when there was a real opportunity for us to establish ourselves we have fallen with one shambolic footballing descision to another.
Unfortunately in this day and age you have to buy success; that is the way football as a sport is set up; the best players play for the best clubs who spend the most amount of money.

That isn’t going to change, my gripe with ENIC is they seem to consistently want to act like a major player but their activity on the football side of things doesn’t reflect that; they may be unwilling or they may be incapable( I think it’s a mixture of both) but for a club that charges the highest average ticket prices in the country and I guess by extension that would equate to in Europe and the wider football world, it’s unacceptable to fall so far short and now moving backwards.

nothing would please me more than to see ENIC succeed because that means Tottenham would succeed, however there is simply no evidence to support that from a footballing perspective at the moment and imo unless ENIC deviate from their current modus operandi, we will continue to fall further behind

I respect your position. Though you haven't said why you think I am deluded. Fwiw I have no problem with people criticising, it's interesting to discuss.

For me, it's almost like Levy has teased fans. Offered up a little bit of success and not followed through. But that is not through laziness or incompetence, if anything it may be through trying too hard. Mistakes have been made but if you drill down into what they are, I think you can understand the logic at the time. As you say, it is rare that a team outside the elite oiled-teams wins anything. We are one of the few who can just about compete at the top, but we have to have stability and not make mistakes with transfers.

Wee bit of a struggle to sell season tickets, not filling the stadium this season, team on the slide. Is this the time ENIC realise that potentially very soon 35-45k rattling around in NWHL is going to cost them money? If we get Conte, it will probably cost a lot of money in new players, etc. You have to speculate to accumulate? We can but hope.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-faces-test-of-true-spurs-ambition-nuno-conte

Levy faces test of true Spurs ambition after doomed dance with Nuno

'[......]Levy sees the financial absurdities of his profession, errs towards probity and caution, but also seems to have bodged the chance to invest in something more. How much does this club really want success? And what would it look like? Is it simply existing close to the elite, preserving its income, doing the executive dance? Or the cold hard lust for trophies, for the kind of moments supporters crave?

The biggest mistake Spurs made was the failure to back Mauricio Pochettino when times were good. They posted record profits the year they reached the Champions League final. But that squad was allowed to age, Kane to run himself into the ground. The asset was sweated to death when it could have been nourished, made into a team to sustain that level.

If Conte does arrive he will be the fifth occupant of that manager’s office in two and half years since the move to the multi-use mega‑ground. His presence is also a kind of endgame, a calling-out of what the wider ambition really is here. Conte doesn’t care what your excuses are. He has employers waiting elsewhere if you’re going to send him out to battle with a baguette in his hand.

It will, at the very least, be fascinating to watch. Over to you, then, Mr Levy.'

Media finally wising up to the reality of ENIC's 20 grinding years - good to see them getting called out since the weekend. :)

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-faces-test-of-true-spurs-ambition-nuno-conte

Levy faces test of true Spurs ambition after doomed dance with Nuno

'[......]Levy sees the financial absurdities of his profession, errs towards probity and caution, but also seems to have bodged the chance to invest in something more. How much does this club really want success? And what would it look like? Is it simply existing close to the elite, preserving its income, doing the executive dance? Or the cold hard lust for trophies, for the kind of moments supporters crave?

The biggest mistake Spurs made was the failure to back Mauricio Pochettino when times were good. They posted record profits the year they reached the Champions League final. But that squad was allowed to age, Kane to run himself into the ground. The asset was sweated to death when it could have been nourished, made into a team to sustain that level.

If Conte does arrive he will be the fifth occupant of that manager’s office in two and half years since the move to the multi-use mega‑ground. His presence is also a kind of endgame, a calling-out of what the wider ambition really is here. Conte doesn’t care what your excuses are. He has employers waiting elsewhere if you’re going to send him out to battle with a baguette in his hand.

It will, at the very least, be fascinating to watch. Over to you, then, Mr Levy.'

Media finally wising up to the reality of ENIC's 20 grinding years - good to see them getting called out since the weekend. :)

If we do get Conte and it’s a big if… even you can’t criticise Levy’s ambitions surely?

Folks at the club, the ones directly affected, did not. Ally Gold reported as much, iirc - the furlough caused a lot of bad blood at the working level at the club that persisted into the following season.

I tend to take them at their word over the idea that some folks enjoyed Levy treating them like trash at a time when society was struggling and the uber-rich PL was called upon to do its bit.

Not sure it was Gold. Wasn't it Matt Law's hatchett piece (surprisingly for him) from a couple of months back that seemed to drag together a number of different rumours and make them into fact, based it seemed on bad feeling from employees who had since been made redundant. And it seemed there were issues with the communication of the furlough decision, which does seem to be an issue generally (but that's not something I'd plant at the chairman's door).
My take on the furlough thing was always that the club was right to look to take advantage of a government funded scheme, given we were one of the few PL clubs to actually pay taxes into the exchequer, but that the club should have made up the shortfall between the 80% and the usual take home pay. We would still have saved a lot but without disadvantaging club staff. To be honest I am disappointed that the club didn't take this route, but the concept of using the furlough scheme was the right thing to do. (And to be clear, I am a union (wo)man, so am not in the habit of defending employers over employees).

If we do get Conte and it’s a big if… even you can’t criticise Levy’s ambitions surely?
Getting Conte is only 1 part of the ambition equation and arguably the easiest to fulfill. We've not been short of big managerial names during the last 20 years.

The other more difficult part is backing the manager properly with the players he wants and doing so in good time to enable them to build their team to challenge. That's the part that has proven more difficult.

I am sure that you are aware that the appointment of a manager, no matter how big a name, is not an end in itself but rather just the means to achieve the end.

Back