• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

This values City (including Melbourne and NYCFC) at $3 billion (£2 billion), same as ManU's stock market value.

Makes Levy's 1 billion valuation of Spurs seem a litte low.

Funny money, looks more like cleaning/channeling money (really does City need 265M?), nothing legitimate about that club (really, same value as United?)

Funny money, looks more like cleaning/channeling money (really does City need 265M?), nothing legitimate about that club (really, same value as United?)

That would appear to the case. Any recent or future deals between other companies owned by the same two groups would have course be completely coincidental.

This is a very interesting deal and actually you've got to applaud Emirates Marketing Project for being able to pull this off. Goes to show how far they have come, how far the EPL have come and also what the future may hold for us. I think that this shows is that Levy and Lewis could conceivably make a handsome profit from their investment by selling a proportion of their stake in the club. They would still retain control, get more than their money back and carry on running Spurs. Naming rights may not be the only thing that Levy is negotiating at the moment.

Reactions: DTA
This is a very interesting deal and actually you've got to applaud Emirates Marketing Project for being able to pull this off. Goes to show how far they have come, how far the EPL have come and also what the future may hold for us. I think that this shows is that Levy and Lewis could conceivably make a handsome profit from their investment by selling a proportion of their stake in the club. They would still retain control, get more than their money back and carry on running Spurs. Naming rights may not be the only thing that Levy is negotiating at the moment.

I disagree mate, City's owners have never shown the slightest inclination to make this a profit generating enterprise (more a PR exercise for a group/country of people that need it badly and/or funneling of money). To sell a percentage at this point (UEFA has backed off FPP) for such a negligible sum of money (with no real need, no debt situation, no new stadium or other investment), really just comes off as some shady brick. Jourdinho & Milo have it right, watch this space for coming announcements (and please accept the coincidences without question).

I think Levy has looked at the options of selling a stake, 5 years ago he probably would have had to in order to complete stadium project. Today, with land acquisition paid for, NFL deal money, Stadium naming rights, TV money changes and us making a record profit last year (also having managed close to 5 years with net zero spend), we probably don't need it.

Every time I look at the numbers, I don't see us starting life in the new stadium with more than 150-200M in debt (and that is worst case), that could probably be paid off in 10 years with little impact to operations. Considering the finance period will likely be far longer and the number potentially lower (better naming rights, income from pre-sold corporate, deals for non football/nfl events), Levy/ENIC stand to keep 100% of the revenue.

I disagree mate, City's owners have never shown the slightest inclination to make this a profit generating enterprise (more a PR exercise for a group/country of people that need it badly and/or funneling of money). To sell a percentage at this point (UEFA has backed off FPP) for such a negligible sum of money (with no real need, no debt situation, no new stadium or other investment), really just comes off as some shady brick. Jourdinho & Milo have it right, watch this space for coming announcements (and please accept the coincidences without question).

I think Levy has looked at the options of selling a stake, 5 years ago he probably would have had to in order to complete stadium project. Today, with land acquisition paid for, NFL deal money, Stadium naming rights, TV money changes and us making a record profit last year (also having managed close to 5 years with net zero spend), we probably don't need it.

Every time I look at the numbers, I don't see us starting life in the new stadium with more than 150-200M in debt (and that is worst case), that could probably be paid off in 10 years with little impact to operations. Considering the finance period will likely be far longer and the number potentially lower (better naming rights, income from pre-sold corporate, deals for non football/nfl events), Levy/ENIC stand to keep 100% of the revenue.

We will have to agree to disagree then. Whilst I don't doubt that there will probably be something of a franchise started in China, I don't think it is a coincidence that they have got their original stake back. Obviously that is just the sum that they paid Thaksin for ownership and does not include the huge sums of money they have put into the playing staff and the stadium, but they have significantly "de-risked" their investment by getting such a chunk of money back. Like you I don't think that they are in it for a return on the investment, but as an opportunity arose for them to get a significant chunk back they have chosen to take it.

With regards to Levy and Joe, I guess time will tell. I don't know much about Levy's past, but Lewis is an investor and so will want some return. Imho, he's not going to wait around for 30 years to get that payback, notwithstanding the fact that he can leave it to his kids.

I also think that you've pretty much got the stadium finances spot on as a worst case scenario. I reckon we would be able to pay it off sooner especially with the new broadcasting deal and further new deals.

brick reporting like that is what make me dislike the media intensely
- West Ham has been a complete circus and yoyo club, 1.5 decent seasons doesn't change anything, add in they actually won't own a ground when they move to the OS?
- Similar theme, Clubs like Leicester/Swansea/Palace high on list, would it not make sense to say 3-5 years of safe EPL participation (no threat of relegation) would be a significant factor in judging?
- And City .. yeah, lets take 1.5B of questionable money, engage in unfair business practices, skew market dynamics completely and local country press gives us top rating (fudging shameful)

It's just more Telegraph click bait. Half of it's content is sub-Buzzfeed now and most of the rest is Mail Online for people who like horses.

There are rumours that the Barclay brothers are looking to sell up. Let's hope that any new owners are aware that it used to be a great newspaper and have a better idea of how to run it than the current lot.

Daniel Levy ‘suffers’ for Tottenham and fans, says Mauricio Pochettino
• Manager confirms chairman was ‘very tough’ during his contract talks
• ‘He is one of the best [club] presidents in the world,’ says Pochettino

Mauricio Pochettino says of Daniel Levy, above, the Tottenham chairman: ‘In his position it’s always difficult to be kind to everyone. But the job he has done is fantastic.’ Photograph: Julian Finney/Getty Images

Mauricio Pochettino has offered rare insight into the Tottenham Hotspur chairman, Daniel Levy, and managed to reinforce arguably his best-known trait. When Pochettino moved to White Hart Lane in the summer of last year he negotiated directly with Levy over his contract as he does not have an agent. The experience was demanding.

“It was very tough, and he won,” Pochettino said, with a smile. “I negotiated with him and now I am very strong. I don’t have an agent. He offered the contract and I say yes or no or I want more. He has a reputation as a very hard businessman? It’s true. I can feel that.”

Pochettino knew Levy had employed nine managers over the previous 13 years and he expected to encounter a fearsome character. But the picture painted by Pochettino is of a sensitive man who cares what the fans think of him and who suffers.

“It was a big surprise when I met Daniel,” Pochettino said. “Before, all I heard was that he sacked managers and he was very tough. Face-to-face he is very friendly and he has been very kind with me.

“The way that he suffers for Tottenham, for his club, for the fans – he is very sensitive in that but sometimes it’s difficult to show that to the media and our supporters. It’s very difficult to manage a big club like Tottenham and, in his position, it’s always difficult to be kind to everyone. But the job he has done is fantastic.”

Pochettino’s team are flying after a club-record 13 Premier League games without defeat and he says there is harmony behind the scenes, with him and Levy, for example, working together on transfers. The head of recruitment, Paul Mitchell, who followed Pochettino from Southampton last November, is also a key part of the process.

“We share everything, all the decisions, and we have very good communication,” Pochettino said. “We are involved in the decisions to sign players and this is a very good thing because I feel good and he feels good. We have people behind us that feel important for the club too. We are a unit.

“For me, it’s unfair when Daniel gets criticised because people sometimes don’t have all the information. Look at how the club is today – the training ground, the new stadium, the whole project. I can only praise him. He is one of the best presidents in England and the world.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/04/daniel-levy-tottenham-fans-mauricio-pochettino

Last edited:
That is so refreshing to read. When you find a talented manager like Poch, who also seems to have the kind of personality that is easy to get along with, you stick with him through thick and thin. I'm hoping this kind of relationship will continue got a long time, even if there are bumps in the road.

And hey Daniel, maybe Poch's contract should be renegotiated at the end of this season. ;)

I see Argentina is getting a new president... The ex-president of Boca Juniors. Maybe Daniel Levy could run for PM or Mayor in a few years? They let Alan Sugar into the Lords ffs. And amazingly they let Bo Jo be mayor. I still can't believe we let that fool represent my local constituency Henley on Thames, let alone London.

BBC: Mr Macri - the outgoing mayor of Buenos Aires and a former president of football club Boca Juniors - defeated Ms Fernandez's preferred candidate Daniel Scioli by 51.4% to 48.6% in a run-off vote last month.

Back