• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

The balance has to run against Levy. Only one CC during his tenure, one CL finish not capatalised on. Too many sackings/wrong appontments . Wasted millions on tranfers . Bentley, Bent, Sigi , Dempsey Dembele ?

Turns downs bids for players, then ends up never selling them , or getting rid of them fror nothing. Rarely gets the players we do buy, in early enough. Possibly could have sold Hudd for £4m earlt in the window, could easlily be the best bid we get, see Jenas, Bently GDS.

Wasted millions on the Straford fiasco, was always a non runner.In normal business would be sacked for that alone. Has lost millions in lost revenue from no move. Price has gone up for the cost of the move.

Plus side, we are not bust and no longer mid table, so higher than Wigan , Fulham, and other clubs we should be higher than.

We have the same potential gates receips as Arsenal, who get the 2nd highest in the World. Levy is a loser for the club. Will alwats feck up , always trying to be too clever, will always dither. Does not learn from his mistakes.

Troll?

In all seriousness - all chairmen make mistakes. The question should be who currently is doing a better job? Frankly I can't think of anyone. Dave Whelan does a great job at Wigan, but it's a different level to Spurs.

the Arsescum board??? new stadium, new training ground, stick with the one manager, CL every year despite the likes of Spurs outspending them on transfer fees for many years

the Arsescum board??? new stadium, new training ground, stick with the one manager, CL every year despite the likes of Spurs outspending them on transfer fees for many years

To be fair, off he pitch they are doing great, but declining on the pitch. We're improving both on and off the pitch.

From arse mania..

If the question is, which of the two clubs has the most ambitious owner? then there is no debate.

I don't like Levy but he is a spuds supporter and actually cares about them, whereas Kroenke is the single worst thing that has happened to our club.

At least Levy knows about football, Kroenke probably can't even name our squad.

Levy has made his fair share of mistakes. But at least he tried to rectify them. The money they make from the transfer market is always reinvested back into the team (e.g. Modric). Can anyone say that about us with a straight face?

Success is about what you achieve not what you strive for.

In terms of ambition Spuds want to be where we're at, while we seem to be happy standing still. In absolute terms they don't have higher ambitions but in relative terms you could say they do.

If it makes people feel any better than as I said earlier, I wouldnt limit this to just Spurs, I would open it up in general and speak about all teams. For me, ambition and showing ambition is looking like you are always striving to improve year upon year, to push to that next level. Virtually every other team in the league have looked like that's what they are trying to do. Whether Spurs finish above us or not is completely irrelevant when it comes to ambition for me, we have stood still in the past 7 years and what the club considers a success has slipped further and further as a result. We have done everything we can recently to stay exactly where we are whereas other clubs have done everything they can to improve beyond their level, for me that's not showing great ambition at all

it's a shame, they should all be fired but no one who gives a **** about the club is in any position to do anything about it. Here's hoping usmanov can get to 30% or whatever he needs before he can start making moves soon, because I'm sick of the way we're being run at the moment, horrible management.

They don't think the grass is much greener. Granted there are not all negative posts, however there are no positive posts about the chairman.

We've not yet reached these limits yet either.

http://www.arsenaltrust.org/news/latest-news/ast-statement-on-january-transfer-window

Last edited:
arsenal have had plenty of investment and have benefitted from well negotiated sponsorship deals, they have also had the CL tv money every year

we may have a larger outlay on transfer fee's over the years but they pay far higher wages than we do

In all seriousness - all chairmen make mistakes. The question should be who currently is doing a better job? Frankly I can't think of anyone. Dave Whelan does a great job at Wigan, but it's a different level to Spurs.

How many chairmen get the sack or get transfered out......

We were in a mess four years ago not 12 and who instigated that scenario....

The balance has to run against Levy. Only one CC during his tenure, one CL finish not capatalised on. Too many sackings/wrong appontments . Wasted millions on tranfers . Bentley, Bent, Sigi , Dempsey Dembele ?

Turns downs bids for players, then ends up never selling them , or getting rid of them fror nothing. Rarely gets the players we do buy, in early enough. Possibly could have sold Hudd for £4m earlt in the window, could easlily be the best bid we get, see Jenas, Bently GDS.

Wasted millions on the Straford fiasco, was always a non runner.In normal business would be sacked for that alone. Has lost millions in lost revenue from no move. Price has gone up for the cost of the move.

Plus side, we are not bust and no longer mid table, so higher than Wigan , Fulham, and other clubs we should be higher than.

We have the same potential gates receips as Arsenal, who get the 2nd highest in the World. Levy is a loser for the club. Will alwats feck up , always trying to be too clever, will always dither. Does not learn from his mistakes.

I think we need to split his tenure from the initial period before Arnsen and since then. The first period was not very good and he made some strange manager decisions. Since then we have seen the squad improve consistently and we have reestablished ourselves as one of the better clubs, albeit just short of the really important breakthrough.

I'm not sure on what business basis Levy would be fired on. His company has probably trebled the value of their investment at a time when many businesses have struggled.

I think we need to split his tenure from the initial period before Arnsen and since then. The first period was not very good and he made some strange manager decisions. Since then we have seen the squad improve consistently and we have reestablished ourselves as one of the better clubs, albeit just short of the really important breakthrough.

I'm not sure on what business basis Levy would be fired on. His company has probably trebled the value of their investment at a time when many businesses have struggled.

after Arnesen left, Levy sacked Jol, hired Ramos, and was against bringing in Redknapp but really had no other choice considering the position we were in and pressure from other board members.

it seems AVB is his man, i just hope he really backs the guy

Who rectified that scenario?

we just hope he hasn't created another one.

i don't understand whats the problem spending 20 mill plus either on a midfield player or a striker,we are a top 6 side been in the champs league,will have £100 mill plus in the new tv deal.

Bangs the drum employing AVB saying he's the future and then stutters around as we done in the last ten years looking for quality players.

OP - please look at the other 19 chairmen in the Premiership and reconsider how well Mr Levy is doing.

He is not infallible, but he is very, very good for us.

None have shined. Sigi and Dempsey don't look good enough. dempsey was a last minute signing ojn the hoof. Dembele looks over priced at £16m, is he an attacking midfielder or a DM ? We have a good DM in Sandro. Reckon he was worth about £10m, we paid his release clause .

we just hope he hasn't created another one.

i don't understand whats the problem spending 20 mill plus either on a midfield player or a striker,we are a top 6 side been in the champs league,will have £100 mill plus in the new tv deal.

Bangs the drum employing AVB saying he's the future and then stutters around as we done in the last ten years looking for quality players.

Vertonghen, Sig, Dembele, Dempsey, Ade, Lloris, Fryers and now Holtby.

That's 8 players since AVB took over, 6 that have been regularly involved or made themselves first choice players. Likely to rise to 7 with Holtby. Several of these players people are already starting to get worried about losing to bigger clubs in the not too distant future.

AVB has re-iterated today (or should that be re-re-re-re-re-iterated) that he's happy with his squad, that we have a very good squad etc. We tried for a player we think is top class, but couldn't get him at the price a price we thought was right and/or at a price we could afford.

None have shined. Sigi and Dempsey don't look good enough. dempsey was a last minute signing ojn the hoof. Dembele looks over priced at £16m, is he an attacking midfielder or a DM ? We have a good DM in Sandro. Reckon he was worth about £10m, we paid his release clause .

Are those the only options? AM or DM?

Would yo ube happy if we sold Dembele for £10m in the summer?

I think throughtout the time that Levy has been our chairman he's done a fairly good job but recently i've grown tiresome with his transfer policies.

Ultimately we're not a City or Chelsea who can buy players for big money and pay big wages so I agree that we have to work in a different market and also find young talent in the hope it bears fruit, usually sadly ending with with us selling our best players to better teams notabley Berbatov, Carrick and Modric over the years.

In the last few seasons we've put together a squad of players who are a good team and i think he's done well to a point but i and many others are growing frustrated by us not pushing on because we are very close.. We all know we need more quality to really push into that top 4 and beyond, its so obvious. We seem to have a very conservative approach, we live within our means which is good in terms of the bank balance but will we ever push on?

Also, the approach to waiting so late to try and do business is floored imo. Levy seems to think you get good value buying at the last minute as clubs panic to sell but too be honest its no good for the manager in the summer or January because i'm sure he'd rather get his targets in ealry and bring them into a settled squad.

In the last few seasons we've really had a chance to push the boat out and buy a decent striker and we have the money right now, we tried to buy Mourtino for 18 mill in Jan last minute and Diamao yesterday for 13 so saying there's no money wont wash. We've been linked with so many but Levy naive to think that we have good enough goal scorers at the club or for me he's just darn right tight..

We've all seen the impact RVP has had at United. They took a bit of a gamble but ulitmately they are probably gonna win the league. The strikers in your team are ulitmately your key players and if they are scoring you've got a great chance of winning games.

I think the goals burden weights heavily with Adebayor now. He's really got to come back from the ANC and score 10 goals and show us some of the form early last season but i have my doubts as he's been pretty poor this season.

I think if we dont make the top 4 i think it might be time to look at a new chairman but lets see what happens..

Pleaty?

......is that you?

The OP is right. Levy's time has come to an end. This last 12 months have been beyond a joke! He's only managed to bring in Lloris, Dembele, Holtby, Dempsey, Sigurdsson, Vertonghen, Adebayor and Fryers. For a combined fee of around £50m. No wonder we aren't paying the big wages if we have to give all that lot 30-60k a week! A good chairman should be AT LEAST getting in a player like Fernando Torres for that money. If we'd just brought Torres we'd have only spent about 150k a week and we'd still be in the FA Cup. Torres proved that by scoring against Brentford to make it 2-2.

And to hear that the Club has lost a few million quid last year was unacceptable. Most Clubs who aren't as big us are managing to lose way more money every year! It's like we're not trying to spend money we don't have. Spending within our means will not get us to the Championship like Leeds let alone Portsmouth in League 1. What's the point?! Worse than that - it seems we're actually paying HMRC straight away. Portsmouth proved you don't need to bother with that - they'd give s ages before they got really serious and demanded it. We could surely use some of that money to buy a new striker. 60m would probably get Torres. Or the slightly cheaper Carrol who must be available for 40m.

I knew it was getting bad when he opened a new training center that was described as one of the best in the world. The last regime had it right. Glorified porter cabins and camped changing rooms attracted Klinsmann, Berbatov, Modric and VDV. Why bother upgrading that. Waste of money. Clueless chairman. Similar with the Stadium, why not just keep the old stadium an just double prices. That would earn us more money that we could use to give Bentley a wage rise. Or we could buy back Ben Alnwick.

Last night he went one step too far moved Jemaine Jenas out. On a permanent deal. And getting rid of Gomes' wages. They were great at dragging down our income to wages ratio. We're probably even further away from Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project in that table now too! It's been too long since we won a league and now we're never going to win that!

So YES! ENIC and Levy out. They have no place in the modern game which is about greed, excess, buying trophies and not trying to ensure the survival of Clubs.

:lol:

Can't be bothered with the remainder of your post. But the bit about the stadium.............wrong.

The Stratford "fiasco" saved Spurs a lot of money. £17 million worth of "planning gain" that we no longer have to fund.

Extra money from Boris.

The council now fully on board, with a commitment to regenerating the area as a whole. Also on board in terms of helping Spurs out by issuing a number of CPO's.

Plus more housing at the southern end of the NDP. And, crucially, it no longer has to be "affordable housing". So Spurs will now make a lot more profit out of it.

Finally, the economy is still stagnant. Construction costs and borrowing costs have gone further down rather than up. So contrary to your claim, the delay hasn't led to the price going up.

Has this to do with we didn't pay say 20m for Leandro? Not even sure he is worth half that, dont see what he has proved yet

Levy is a fantastic businessman, but he doesn't know much about football. His habit of leaving deals to the last possible moment is a key factor in why we get off to a slow start in many seasons. Take this season, we had Defoe and Harry Kane as options to play up front in the first game of the season. He did the same thing last season, he left it late to get Parker and Adebayor. Now I'm not saying those players would have magically won us points in those games, but I'd like to think they would have at least improved our chances of getting positive results. We finished a point behind Arsenal last season, that shows how close it is when you are going for the top 4. You simply can't be giving points away, at any point in the season.

Now I understand by leaving deals late he manages to drive the price down, but you have to balance that out against missing out on those players services for a game or more which could ultimately be the difference between CL and no CL.

The Leandro deal. Why have we been chasing a player who we clearly can't afford and why are we trying to do business with a club that has a far higher valuation of a player than we have and is trying to rip us off? We've been after him for years. And why bid on the last day of the window? What chance was there of flying him over from Brazil to have a medical? Why not just make the bid 10 days ago? It smacks to me of making it look like we tried to our fans, when in reality, we had little chance of getting him. Didn't we do the same with Rossi a few years ago?

I'm not saying get rid of Levy, I just feel he lacks the understanding of football in certain areas and it costs us from time to time.

My final point, he is a very good chairman, but he is not the best chairman in the league/Europe/the world as I have frequently seen him described as such on this board.

Levy is a fantastic businessman, but he doesn't know much about football. His habit of leaving deals to the last possible moment is a key factor in why we get off to a slow start in many seasons. Take this season, we had Defoe and Harry Kane as options to play up front in the first game of the season. He did the same thing last season, he left it late to get Parker and Adebayor. Now I'm not saying those players would have magically won us points in those games, but I'd like to think they would have at least improved our chances of getting positive results. We finished a point behind Arsenal last season, that shows how close it is when you are going for the top 4. You simply can't be giving points away, at any point in the season.

Now I understand by leaving deals late he manages to drive the price down, but you have to balance that out against missing out on those players services for a game or more which could ultimately be the difference between CL and no CL.

The Leandro deal. Why have we been chasing a player who we clearly can't afford and why are we trying to do business with a club that has a far higher valuation of a player than we have and is trying to rip us off? We've been after him for years. And why bid on the last day of the window? What chance was there of flying him over from Brazil to have a medical? Why not just make the bid 10 days ago? It smacks to me of making it look like we tried to our fans, when in reality, we had little chance of getting him. Didn't we do the same with Rossi a few years ago?

I'm not saying get rid of Levy, I just feel he lacks the understanding of football in certain areas and it costs us from time to time.

My final point, he is a very good chairman, but he is not the best chairman in the league/Europe/the world as I have frequently seen him described as such on this board.

How can you possibly know?

Your argument that leaving deals late damages the team, would the squad be better with few quality players because we spent larger sums earlier in windows?

Back