1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

ENIC

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by mattls, 1 Feb 2013.

1. FatBloke

FatBloke Pascal Chimbonda

Cuti, Kulu and Lolo. It's like the bloody Teletubbies.

I'd absolutely love it if I'm wrong, but I don't think we have any chance of getting that sort of hit rate again. Just look at the Magnificent 7 we bought with the Bale money.

Our first team squad (or thereabouts) buys in summer 2021 were:

• Gil (arguably not for the first team)
    • Royal (qualified success)
    • Romero (bloody brilliant)
    • Gollini (reserve keeper, meh)

Plus Sarr, who's one for the future. Then in the winter we got Bentancur and Kulusevski, who've both been brilliant.

That's basically 100% success, if you don't count Gil, Sarr and Gollini (which I think is a reasonable ask).

I'd like to see us get 5 or 6 first team squad players in, including a free transfer or two (hopefully Eriksen), and I hope that at least three of them work out well. I'd be absolutely delighted if Paratici does any better than that.

metalgear and Lilbaz like this.
  2. metalgear

metalgear Jack Jull

with hindsight it was a bad call by levy. the few months before the cl final we were playing below average football, poch was dreaming about winning the CL and talking about leaving. levy shouldn't have given him more money when his commitment wasn't there and performances were dropping drastically.

3. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

Or ridden out the blip and have accepted potentially one season without CL football, instead of two.

metalgear likes this.
  4. metalgear

metalgear Jack Jull

another way of looking at it is that the current squad is good enough for better than top 4 so we have some leeway to concentrate our investments for better quality e.g. 3 x 60mil proven players and 3 X 20 mil upcoming players. we also seem to have a good crop of youngsters to try so we can try to reduce the average age by replacing the oldest with quality.

5. LemonadeMoney

LemonadeMoney Les Ferdinand

Nah.

6. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Ian Walker

Why should they have sold up? Why would an investment fund sell an asset that is vastly appreciating in value year on year? It makes no sense.

7. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Ian Walker

He also sacked him before he’d really had a chance to even use those players as Sess arrived injured, Ndombele (who actually looked pretty good for Poch) arrived unfit and Lo Celso also picked up an injury early on.

FolkestoneSpur likes this.
  8. Aldo

Aldo Alan Hutton

We should never have sold Coco.

9. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Steve Carr

We do have sonny and winksy.

MKSpur, nelto and FatBloke like this.
  10. monkeybarry

monkeybarry Chris Perry

Nuno had a system?

11. monkeybarry

monkeybarry Chris Perry

Can you be my accountant?!

FatBloke likes this.
  12. Jeff Brooks

Jeff Brooks Andy Reid

Haven't posted for a while but have been delighted with the run in and back in CL - fantastic.

A word of caution about ENIC and our Chairman though - looks fantastic that money has been injected - buy wisely now and we could really go places. But. But. But. It is not Mr Levy's mode of operation to leave negotiations to others - he believes in the hype that he is a negotiator without par.

He may leave Paratici to tee up a signing but I can't see how he will be able to resist tinkering with the deal at the death.

Imagine the scene:

Paratici: Right boss, Bastoni is ready to sign and I've got him for £50M plus £5M on performance.
    Mr Levy: You've done what! (spitting out his coffee)? No way - go back and offer them £25M and lets sweat them until the last day of the window - you need to learn my tactics Fabio!

Now I do so hope I am wrong and the next month will tell us - do the business early, let Conte have a pre-season with his squad and we could be contenders. But we have been here before and I am so nervous that the Chairman will - yet again - snatch defeat from the jaws of victory...

Now I know a bunch of Levy fans will pile into me but his mistakes are many - can a leopard change its spots? Give him some Valderma it may help, you never know...

Anyway I have everything crossed that I am wrong and we really can kick on this time...

metalgear likes this.
  13. Aldo

Aldo Alan Hutton

So @DubaiSpur has logged in with a new username.

14. Glenda's Legs

Glenda's Legs Paul Robinson

Not intended as a pile- in, but which of last summer's and January's transfers did Levy get involved in or tinker with at the death (I don't recall his involvement in any being reported but may have forgotten)?

15. Jeff Brooks

Jeff Brooks Andy Reid

If I remember correctly Betancur and Kulusewski were signed very late in the window and we know that Dias slipped through our fingers. I may be being harsh and we will never know but these signs may be indications that the Chairman was involved.

As I say, I really do hope that things have changed but, if he insists on tinkering with deals then Conte may say this is bull dust and be off...

16. papaspur

papaspur Steve Hodge

Paratici seems to be all about the loan-with-option-to-buy, the guy knows how to make a deal. IMO, Levy would be happy to focus on other things like the color of the urinal splash guards after seeing Paratici’s first full* season of transfer dealings.

*Paratici didn’t even have the full summer last year. He has the opportunity to wrap up a free or two before the June 1 deadline this time around.

17. DubSpur

DubSpur Sergei Rebrov

Dias never slipped through our fingers, we were never getting him. Once Liverpool came in there was only one place he was going.
    As for being signed late in the window, you'd swear we were the only club that made late signings. The majority of signings are done
    late in the window, it's a short window.

papaspur, monkeybarry and MKSpur like this.
  18. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

It's not just us. It's kind of a parachute thing for players to help them with covid-era wage deflation

monkeybarry likes this.
  19. 90291Spur

90291Spur Christian Ziege

And as many of us have seen, Deki's actual goals and assists (5 goals 8 assists) are better than those of Dias (4 goals, 3 assists). Obviously those stats aren't the whole picture, but it's not like we allegedly tried for Dias and ended up with a player who contributed nothing.

DubSpur likes this.
  20. FolkestoneSpur

FolkestoneSpur Wilson Palacios

Something that looks like a good sign for me is that it's Paratici going to meet Conte in Italy in the next few days with Levy happy for that to take place without him present.

monkeybarry and Bullet like this.