1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

ENIC

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by mattls, 1 Feb 2013.

1. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Michael Carrick

Do we think the sale price of chelsea might have been a factor? Lewis must be thinking if we win a league or cl that would bump the value.

johnola likes this.
  2. DTA

DTA Tim Sherwood

sounds like his time at spurs.

3. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Rafael Van Der Vaart

Tbh it wouldn't surprise me if Levy has a clear vision and analytical brain on the direction of travel BUT uncle Joe could well be a bit of an old git now that is difficult to have a straightforward conversation with.

4. DubSpur

DubSpur Tim Sherwood

Enic are going to end up owning a bigger share of the club. It's not a case of dodgy sponsorship letting us get around FFP or piling debt onto the club through interest free loans worth a couple of billion.

5. Raziel

Raziel Paul Walsh

Chelsea's sale absolutely sets a precedent for the possible, there has been nothing even close.

Recent brand value reviews actually has Spurs as most valuable brand in London football clubs, add in Chelsea still has to build a new stadium, there is a lot of upside for Spurs to recoup with additional on pitch success.

It makes sense, and with current squad/manager/cl combination, risk is relatively low.

alekaras, FolkestoneSpur and Lilbaz like this.
  6. ricky2tricky4city

This is part of the final act (and always was). By now though I think Levy is more driven and caring of the outcome than Lewis.

He wants his whole long-term vision to be fulfilled, and that is only acheived by being a full time top 4 club, CL every season and of course, silverware. He wants that as it justifies everything he has done.

I honestly don't think they want to sell for quite a while. I think Levy is thinking of a legacy here, that of a dog's gonad*s chairman that run a a club (a club that was never a giant and stuck in mediocrity) the 'right way' and succeeded against financial dopers and historic clubs, not for a season but for the long term.

And the reason is.....it gives hope to so many other clubs.

Kandi1977, spasm, Robbo and 15 others like this.
  7. Raziel

Raziel Paul Walsh

Agree, and always have, there were far to many "easy exits" for Levy/ENIC where they could have cashed out with a lot of profit and didn't.

spasm, Robbo, DTA and 4 others like this.
  8. braineclipse

braineclipse Gary Stevens

I think you're right. A financial investment like this with the stadium and higher revenue in place is probably more of a safe investment than hoping that signings lead to success that can be sustained through CL money without that additional revenue.

I guess we'll never know if this was always the plan, if recent changes at Newcastle or the Chelsea sale influenced things. Perhaps having both a DoF and manager in place that are trusted was the final piece of the puzzle. Perhaps it would have happened regardless, but Paratici and Conte proving that they can deliver was part of it.

Either way, good news and the possibility of pushing on even more than we otherwise could have.

9. parklane1

parklane1 Terry Dyson

You are not mistaken mate, we along with Utd were among the few clubs that were called " bank of england" rich ( nowhere as bad as certain clubs are now). Bill Nick refused to pay more then £99,999 for Sir jimmy because he did not want him/club to have the tag the first 100,000 player. Utd payed more then that for Law not long after.

Craig_J likes this.
  10. alekaras

alekaras The ITK of IDK

I'm pretty sure this was the plan all along with the timing being dependent on how clear the chance of footballing success was. If Nuno was in charge and we had finished 6th, I don't think you would have seen this kind of investment. There would have been some, but just to keep us from dropping any lower. With Conte and CL, making a much more significant investment is a no-brainer.

Bullet and braineclipse like this.
  11. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Ian Walker

Would be a pretty strange investment fund that cashed out of an asset while the value of it was still growing at pace.

12. ricky2tricky4city

Depends on competition, headwinds and hard yards being worth it.

...and there has been plenty of all 3 of them, but hey he's stuck at it. Kudos

13. Craig_J

Craig_J Gudni Bergsson

Can you remember how the owner back then made their money?

14. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Frederic Kanoute

I think Fred Bearman (chairman up till 1960) was in family brewing business and he was followed by Fred Wale who I believe was in the building industry.

Craig_J likes this.
  15. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Frederic Kanoute

I think Fred Bearman (chairman up till 1960) was in family brewing business and he was followed by Fred Wale who I believe was in the building industry.

Craig_J, parklane1 and JerusalemMan like this.
  16. parklane1

parklane1 Terry Dyson

Craig_J likes this.
  17. monkeybarry

monkeybarry Chris Perry

£150m doesn't actually go that far.
    Word of warning - it's only 2.5 Ndombele's.
    It's pretty much what the Bale money would be now.
    Our record with windfalls or big money signings isn't very good.

metalgear and harr1984 like this.
  18. Craig_J

Craig_J Gudni Bergsson

It isn't and your right that £150m doesn't go that far these days. But if we assume we will get some extra on top of that it should be plenty enough to at least keep us in the top four.

I trust the working relationship of Conte and Patraci to deliver. Both of them share the same outlook on what kind of team to build and how to go about it. I imagine they'll have had plenty of conversations amongst themselves throughout Conte's tenure about the future and what can be improved upon. And both of them are workaholics who will have put a lot of thought into what players will slot into our system.

19. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Michael Carrick

We got romero, kulu and lolo for around £100m (once we pay for kulu). Imagine another 4/5 of that calibre?

DubSpur, MKSpur and harr1984 like this.
  20. harr1984

harr1984 Steffen Iversen

Your are right but your last bit is contradictory to that. 150m isn’t that much if you’re looking to splash the cash on typically big name signings but is enough for plenty of clever good signings. That’s about 4-5 Kulus. Kostic is quality and available around 12m, there’s plenty of decently priced very good players around that we can hoover up if we recruit well and with Paritici I have complete confidence in maximising the quality we can get in with our budget….

DubSpur likes this.