• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Energy Bills

Grays_1890

Colin Calderwood
Whats everyones average energy bill for electricity per year?

We are looking to go Solar ourselves and was just interested in peoples views.

I'm a heavy user of electricity, home all day and a koi pond £106pm for dual fuel.

Solar is great but still pricey.

I'm a heavy user of electricity, home all day and a koi pond £106pm for dual fuel.

Solar is great but still pricey.

Yeh its a tad expensive but we are weighing up investment versus long term etc. Not sure if we want to move after all this too. We are thinking of going back to Canada to live and eventually retire.

I'm with Octopus, our tariff ends mid-October. They're offering 12 months fixed at £187pm monthly estimate or do nothing and go variable when the tariff ends, average £86pm.

Is it a no-brainer to go variable or will we be stung badly throughout the next year as the caps rise? For context, household of two adults and one baby in London, very well insulated building so we don't need to turn heating on in the winter months. Electricity only. At the moment average monthly bill is around £45 on a super green fixed rate.

Last edited:
I'm with Octopus, our tariff ends mid-October. They're offering 12 months fixed at £187pm monthly estimate or do nothing and go variable when the tariff ends, average £86pm.

Is it a no-brainer to go variable or will we be stung badly throughout the next year as the caps rise? For context, household of two adults and one baby London, very well insulated building so we don't need to turn heating on in the winter months. Electricity only. At the moment average monthly bill is around £45 on a super green fixed rate.
Lube your arse and bend over.

The government underwriting the loans is ond thing, but why not just have the cap stay for x years after the crisis is over?
Until the money is paid off, why have the exchequer pay it off?

But actually for me the most disappointing bit is that no one seems to want to end what is actually causing it, the war in Ukraine.
Are we just going to let it go on indefinitely?

The government underwriting the loans is ond thing, but why not just have the cap stay for x years after the crisis is over?
Until the money is paid off, why have the exchequer pay it off?

But actually for me the most disappointing bit is that no one seems to want to end what is actually causing it, the war in Ukraine.
Are we just going to let it go on indefinitely?

Russia is burning itself out militarily. We’re probably on the best course of action.

Russia is burning itself out militarily. We’re probably on the best course of action.

For advancing the war, but will there come a time when putin will just dig in and hold what he has?
Will be very difficult for Ukraine to move him, and it doesn't do anything on energy problems.

So the nation pays the top price for energy despite what it costs. Seems like a deeply flawed setup. Gas which has peeked sets the price for all forms of electricity now. Whether renewable etc we pay the gas price for it. That needs changing pronto.

Back