• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

anigif_enhanced-buzz-8906-1374522403-0.gif

201307261446_1374867998.408357.gif

giphy.gif

hammertime-o.gif

On a more serious note, if/when he signs for another club, do we think he can be a good pl striker again?

I would think that two years of personal and professional turmoil, and a complete lack of focus would leave him far from match fit. I'm pretty certain that Ade will never be the player he once was ever again.. This is probably coming back to bite me big time now.

On a more serious note, if/when he signs for another club, do we think he can be a good pl striker again?

I would think that two years of personal and professional turmoil, and a complete lack of focus would leave him far from match fit. I'm pretty certain that Ade will never be the player he once was ever again.. This is probably coming back to bite me big time now.

Regardless of the off-the-field issues, i think when he has played for us in the last year or so, it's been clear that age has caught up with him. At times i felt some mistook his physical limitations as his 'typical lazy approach.' I think the mind may have often been willing but he simply did not/does not have the legs any more.

Him trying to undermine Poch was the final straw but watching his game closely it could be seen that he was not up to the physical demands of the game anymore (both generally and within the new Poch methodology).

Regardless of the off-the-field issues, i think when he has played for us in the last year or so, it's been clear that age has caught up with him. At times i felt some mistook his physical limitations as his 'typical lazy approach.' I think the mind may have often been willing but he simply did not/does not have the legs any more.

Him trying to undermine Poch was the final straw but watching his game closely it could be seen that he was not up to the physical demands of the game anymore (both generally and within the new Poch methodology).

I don't think so. While it might be true that age is catching up with him, it's mainly psychological. I'm not sure if he just doesn't care anymore or if he's just he's too rusty in terms of match fitness and game mentality. The combination makes it unlikely that he will put together a good season together, although he could still have a few good games (when do we play Villa next?).

I think the way his career has gone is a waste. He showed during that 30 goal season with Arsenal that he had all the tools to be a top player, with the skill set to be another, possibly better, Drogba. He let the opportunity at Arsenal come to little. He had a golden opportunity at another chance at City and again it came to little. A few good spells with us showed he still had it when he could pull himself together.

That an interesting view.
I suspect he is fit enough to do a job, if the manager can motivate him. shewood's comments suggests he will end up at Villa and we might see him do well initially then fade away, possibly terminally in footballing terms.

Back