• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

jimmyb

Milija Aleksic
Not a knee jerk thread.........honest.

Not been prolific of late. Dwelling too long on the ball or making poor choices when he does get chances. More importantly, not getting into goal scoring positions often enough, IMO. All too frequently, we get into good positions and we have no one in the middle (one of the drawbacks of playing one up front, I suppose).

Rest of his play, barring the occasional heavy touch, is mostly excellent but we need him to step up to the plate when he returns from his enforced break (City game and probably Watford too).

Agreed. And that's perhaps why he's here on loan (with Emirates Marketing Project paying MOST of his wages hahaha) and not still at Madrid or another established CL team. He still adds a lot and works his gonad*s off every game. And he WILL start banging them in again. Soon.

We got mugged off by inept lino's again, ridiuclous
It really is becoming a trend now, and its pathetic. I dont see how linos can make decisions on things that happen on the opposite side of the pitch. We'd be 7 points better off this season if we had video technology.

He does dally on the ball a fair amount but works hard. Might have been worth starting with Defoe today to get him ready for City especially with VDV's fitness levels.

I've never liked Adebayor & i still don't. I can't warm to him or like him.

I don't think he's been that good either. A top striker in our team should be scoring like crazy because we are so attacking and have so many creative players. Even Torres would score a load of goals playing for this Tottenham team.

Is it true we are paying ?ú100,000 of Adebayor's wages? If yes we are being ripped off.

He reminds me of Crouch in someways.

When he gets the ball at his feet in the box, it looks like he gets a bit flustered, not because he doesn't know what to do, but that it takes a split second longer for the foot-eye co-ordination synapses to fire. When you compare his close control to that of Defoe's (in particular his goal against West Brom) it is pretty clear as well, height is not always that helpful.

He is not nearly as dominant in the air as I would have thought a player of his stature would be either, he has come close a few times but does not seem to be an "in-the-air" target man from set pieces. I cannot recall if he has actually scored with his head.

He definitely pulls defenders away from counter attacks and is a perceived threat.

But, he spends a lot of time "fringing" and therefore gets blown Offside too much. Granted, he has been denied by some poor officiating as well, but perhaps that is because it is almost expected.

Don't get me wrong, it is no bad thing having his experience and work ethic in the team as well as having his wages paid by someone else when others in the same transfer window overpaid for under-performers, but he is definitely not The Solution. He is scoring more at Spurs than he did (goals vs games) than he has at any other club (Roughly 1 every 2 games according to Wiki (9 in 17)). I would love him to have a willing partner up front to play alongside as the service from the flanks (when we are balanced) is so good at the moment.

The question is whether we are better off with him, or without him.

I may give it a few more games!!

I think he is part of the reason why we are on such an excellent run. He scored today, no reason for it being disallowed (even if idiotic Shearer saw the two decisions as 'iffy' rther than the plain wrong that they were). But we do need someone in to complement Ade, and that is about being prepared to splash some serious cash.

Ade is great at what he does, don't forget the two games at the start where we didn't have him and Parker. The problem is there's only ONE of him and he doesn't have another good strike partner alongside him. Which also leads to being able to offside-trap him easily. I don't think he has great first touch, but from what I see he is definitely better than Defoe's. We would really wreak havoc if we had another out-and-out striker alongside him, but I think Redknapp prefers keeping the ball and stuffing the midfield, and attacking as a team instead of going 'purely' two up front.

Adebayor has mostly been great for us this season, even when he has been 'crap' in terms of scoring chances he has offered enough to warrant his place in the team - last few games however he has just been a complete pile of toss

no real worry for me though, he is class most the time (scoring or not)

Ade is great at what he does, don't forget the two games at the start where we didn't have him and Parker. The problem is there's only ONE of him and he doesn't have another good strike partner alongside him. Which also leads to being able to offside-trap him easily. I don't think he has great first touch, but from what I see he is definitely better than Defoe's. We would really wreak havoc if we had another out-and-out striker alongside him, but I think Redknapp prefers keeping the ball and stuffing the midfield, and attacking as a team instead of going 'purely' two up front.

Agreed. But on the Harry point I would like to see what he really would do if he had the option of playing Ade and Remy for instance? In other words if you have another top class striker we increase our options, and will also help to ease some of the pressure of Ade to constantly lead the line.

Back