• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emirates Marketing Project

I think the difference is, what we have done has been organic. Which means with a little luck and a lot of hard work it can be replicated.

What Chelsea and co have done is completely artificial and impossible for "anyone" to achieve.

I think the difference is, what we have done has been organic. Which means with a little luck and a lot of hard work it can be replicated.

What Chelsea and co have done is completely artificial and impossible for "anyone" to achieve.

Thats my argument, it wasn't all purely organic growth, money was invested at various points, its just been blinded by inflation.

In the short term yeah, but there was a time when Spurs was a bunch of mates playing in a garden. We've increased in size, and at a faster rate than some previous peers, due to timely investment. Is it all relative, is City (or Chelsea for that matter) buying their way to the top table any different to Arsenal moving in 1913, or the spending of the northern powerhouses of the late 1800's?

I agree if this was the formative years of the game but its not

The degrees to which, inflation included, simply do not compare. Its not the same thing at all.

Teams promoted to the premier league are by default among the richest in the world. There is an obscene amount running around "naturally" without investment and doping.

Clubs can come up, stay up, and grow organically. And in doing so can establish higher and higher revenues.

Look at us, at a time we were on a par with Villa and Everton, look at how fortunes have diverged. Its entirely possible to build up to the higher revenue levels.

The degrees to which, inflation included, simply do not compare. Its not the same thing at all.

Teams promoted to the premier league are by default among the richest in the world. There is an obscene amount running around "naturally" without investment and doping.

Clubs can come up, stay up, and grow organically. And in doing so can establish higher and higher revenues.

Look at us, at a time we were on a par with Villa and Everton, look at how fortunes have diverged. Its entirely possible to build up to the higher revenue levels.

I'm not saying it isn't.

I'm saying, is it any different to Fiat buying former university team Juve in the 20's and gifting them a new stadium and a transfer purse?

The numbers get bigger, but the principle is the same. It's been done all over Europe since the 1920's.

My question is, are we, Spurs fans, more attuned to it now as its happening at a club those of us in a certain age bracket consider an equal?

Exactly, if you took excessive spending away we would be pretty much where we are as would a number of other clubs, I do argue that Man United can not with 300m of debt but thats another argument.

Also my knock on argument was Pep having the nerve to say he is under tight budgets and pleading poverty, do me a favour pal

I have to say the Emirates Marketing Project project along with other things are ebbing away at my love for the game. I know it sounds dramatic but they are going to win the league at a complete walk and could make a sweep of trophies, that I can stand just although I argue FFP is not working but where my soul for the game dies is PEP then coming out saying he is held back on things due to money then signs another defender for 50+.

Bourinho added to that and VAR and a few other bits, I am nearly done with the game.

My thoughts as well, a few years back when there were fans ( of our club) praying for a bored billionaire to buy us and i said it would be the end for me . I have followed our great club for over 50 years ' (and also worked in it for most of my life) but i really dislike the game in todays world, if Spurs were to ever go down that route then my love affair would end ' as hard as that would be.

My thoughts as well, a few years back when there were fans ( of our club) praying for a bored billionaire to buy us and i said it would be the end for me . I have followed our great club for over 50 years ' (and also worked in it for most of my life) but i really dislike the game in todays world, if Spurs were to ever go down that route then my love affair would end ' as hard as that would be.

I long ago stopped being a football fan, I'm just a Spurs fan ...

Sane out for City is a significant loss ..

I long ago stopped being a football fan, I'm just a Spurs fan ...

I agree and i will always be a Spurs fan, what i should have said is that it will be the end of me travelling up and down the country watching games.

In the short term yeah, but there was a time when Spurs was a bunch of mates playing in a garden. We've increased in size, and at a faster rate than some previous peers, due to timely investment. Is it all relative, is City (or Chelsea for that matter) buying their way to the top table any different to Arsenal moving in 1913, or the spending of the northern powerhouses of the late 1800's?

The difference is the time it takes to get somewhere

For a great idea in the impact of money on our lives watch this Burger King ad about net neutrality in America

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...in-whopper-burgers-advert-video-a8177996.html

If you have more money than you need it’s easy to do things very quickly. And in Football tha happens at all levels. A great example of the resurrection of Wimbledon who had massive gates for the level they started at and it gave them a huge financial advantage.

Similarly there’s the guy at Billericay bringing in pro players like Ohara

In our league it’s scewed even more as you have countries bank rolling sides

All take every short cut possible due to wealth and why wouldn’t you if you had it??

The difference is the time it takes to get somewhere

For a great idea in the impact of money on our lives watch this Burger King ad about net neutrality in America

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...in-whopper-burgers-advert-video-a8177996.html

If you have more money than you need it’s easy to do things very quickly. And in Football tha happens at all levels. A great example of the resurrection of Wimbledon who had massive gates for the level they started at and it gave them a huge financial advantage.

Similarly there’s the guy at Billericay bringing in pro players like Ohara

In our league it’s scewed even more as you have countries bank rolling sides

All take every short cut possible due to wealth and why wouldn’t you if you had it??

They are great examples.

I think an argument can be made that their investment has increased their station by a greater amount than City or Chelsea, for all the billions spent the new owners have only moved them on a handful of league places from where the previous owners had them.

They are great examples.

I think an argument can be made that their investment has increased their station by a greater amount than City or Chelsea, for all the billions spent the new owners have only moved them on a handful of league places from where the previous owners had them.

True and you could argue the same at Chelsea big in reality what they had was previous owners literally bankrupting the club before selling to a much richer person

bate had Chelsea weeks away form going under and so did Thaksin at City

The dynamic of fans to football is very similar to NFL fans now.
Its is all about the brand.
I don't think we are any different from any other club, except we 'make' our money which is how I believe it should be.

I think you have hit the tickle my balls with a feather, the game is now a product like US sport and not as emotional for new fans and thats not to knock new fans but thats how I see it.

The worlds changing and thats cool but there are other things I like more in the world now than football based on where football is going, this head down into the phone tweeting about the game 24/7 and VAR breaks which are going to be sponsored (confirmed), Cup draws for UK competitions in Asia made by minor celebs from other sports, rich men moaning about lack of money, unrealistic expectations, media hype, media tear downs, the West Hams of the world moving from Upton Parks on stupid deals that rob clubs of their soul etc. It all adds up for me to something I don't like.

I don't think we are any different from any other club, except we 'make' our money which is how I believe it should be.

Thats the dynamic to life these days, not just football.

Back