• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emirates Marketing Project

Pep is just horrible.
The most unmagnanimous of people in defeat or disappointment. He wears the clothes of an angry, petulant little boy and his grumpy sulking is just pathetic. The Cult of Pep has always annoyed me.
I dislike Mourinho but no-one can ever deny that he did it with limited resources at a club once in his career.
Pep?
Let's see him take a sleeping giant that has to work on a budget. We won't because he won't.
clown shoe.

I said it at the start of the season, I stand by it, we’ve got him sacked tonight.

It won’t be tomorrow, but he wont be there at the start of next season.

Who would they get? They put in a structure with ex-Barcelona people and waited for him to finish at Bayern. They will give him more time if it seems like he is progressing. A domestic treble would be progress. If he wins the league again he is safe and if not then it becomes a bit uncertain.

Pep is just horrible.
The most unmagnanimous of people in defeat or disappointment. He wears the clothes of an angry, petulant little boy and his grumpy sulking is just pathetic. The Cult of Pep has always annoyed me.
I dislike Mourinho but no-one can ever deny that he did it with limited resources at a club once in his career.
Pep?
Let's see him take a sleeping giant that has to work on a budget. We won't because he won't.
clown shoe.

Peak Jose is twice the manager Pep is, winning the CL with Inter and Porto.

Reports from Italy (yeah, i know) that Pep has agreed to takeover from Allegri at Juve next season..normally i'd laugh this out of town,..but..i thought it was odd that Pep said the UEFA FFP investigations into Emirates Marketing Project "would not taint his legacy", which i though was an odd thing to say, almost like he was taking the first steps to distance himself from City and the upcoming public dirty washing of laundry..like he knows they will be found guilty...

Pep with City without an ability to either play in CL or the abilty to spend wads of cash?? No, me neither...maybe Pep to Juve is possible??

Another underdog story.

What a manager he is.

Who would they get? They put in a structure with ex-Barcelona people and waited for him to finish at Bayern. They will give him more time if it seems like he is progressing. A domestic treble would be progress. If he wins the league again he is safe and if not then it becomes a bit uncertain.
With the money they've spent, anything short of the quadruple is failure. There's no excuse for it with that squad value.

It doesn't matter how much you spend, there is always room for a special achievement and/or an element of luck. You can't count out an Ajax or results like last night. The senior management at football clubs often ignore this, but rarely with good results.

It would be funny if the City hierarchy thinks differently and sack Guardiola for failing on the quadruple or the CL, but I think they have a long-term plan that they won't deviate from yet. The sooner they become like Chelsea or United the better.

I can't stand Mourinho and think he is most definitely yesterday's man. But you can't take away what he did with Porto, Guardiola has nothing close to that on his record. If he leaves City to go to Juve, who already dominate the league, then he is not up there with the great managers imo. Doesn't stay to re-build a team, just takes the team who are already the best, spends loads of money and makes them do what they were already doing (win the league).

He gets quality players to play in a very unique and dominant style in a league campaign, I will give him that. But what does it matter really? Barca have won a treble without him because they have a fella called Messi who is quite good at football, even if it's not Pep-ball. Bayern won the treble before Guardiola, didn't win it with him. So he takes over Juve, they win the league for the 78th season running, but get more points and are a bit more dominant. So what?

If Guardiola had any balls, he'd go and take over someone like Everton, and show the world what he's made of.

He gets quality players to play in a very unique and dominant style in a league campaign, I will give him that. But what does it matter really? Barca have won a treble without him because they have a fella called Messi who is quite good at football, even if it's not Pep-ball. Bayern won the treble before Guardiola, didn't win it with him. So he takes over Juve, they win the league for the 78th season running, but get more points and are a bit more dominant. So what?

So what you ask, it means he is in line for the Celtic job!

Mou, and Guardiola are not a patch on Poch. They would not even look at taking on the Spurs job, with our wage and transfer funds. I could manage City to trophies. Let's see them achieve something at a club with no home ground and zero transfer budget?

I think Pep's an excellent manager and his teams play great football. Says some very odd things though and his set-up against us in both legs was really bizarre. He was far too conservative at ours and too gung ho at theirs. He cost them in my view.

I also genuinely wouldn't trade Poch for him (or anyone for that matter).

That said, I'd pay no attention to Duncan Castles. He's a mate of my brother's and a decent bloke to talk to. However, I'm surprised he can submit any articles or tweets - I didn't think he'd get wifi that far up Mourinho's arse.

Last edited:
Guardiola - manager at Barcelona, one of the Spanish big two, with a once in a generation team, which would have been a contender without Messi. But did have Messi.

Guardiola - manager at Bayern Munich, one of the German big one. Failed to get past the semi-final stage. Didn't have Messi.

Guardiola - manager at Emirates Marketing Project, the best funded team in football history, but falls short again. Didn't have Messi.

I don't want to prejudge, but could there be a reason for his successes and failures?

Guardiola - manager at Barcelona, one of the Spanish big two, with a once in a generation team, which would have been a contender without Messi. But did have Messi.

Guardiola - manager at Bayern Munich, one of the German big one. Failed to get past the semi-final stage. Didn't have Messi.

Guardiola - manager at Emirates Marketing Project, the best funded team in football history, but falls short again. Didn't have Messi.

I don't want to prejudge, but could there be a reason for his successes and failures?
As I said in another thread, he doesn't yet realise the "fudge it, we've got Messi" tactic only works if you have Messi in the team.

Back