1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Emirates Marketing Project

Discussion in 'General Football' started by JerusalemMan, 18 Dec 2017.

1. StephenH

StephenH Ian Walker

Seriously would it not be wonderful if they got a 2-year CL ban and demoted to Championship........me vindictive? never!

2. r-u-s-x

r-u-s-x Roman Pavlyuchenko

I think they will be taking FFP to CAS / European Court - arguing that it is a restriction on Trade a la Bosman. I think this is why Uefa have been lenient on them so far as they are more willing to spend £50M on lawyers than fines. I reckon they will win and FFP will die.

(*I have no source just picked it up over the past few months).

3. nayimfromthehalfwayline

nayimfromthehalfwayline Les Ferdinand

This here is the the difference, between what "should" happen, and what "will" (wont) happen.

Everything you say is right and proper. And then you must realise just how lilly livered and corrupt the football authorities are...

4. r-u-s-x

FFPs stated goal is stopping clubs going bust not fairness, City are not at risk of going bust. If its about fairness then put an absolute cap of spend, I know there will be cheats but we can police that (we already are with FFP).

Regardless of that City are breaking the rules and should be punished.

5. nayimfromthehalfwayline

nayimfromthehalfwayline Les Ferdinand

I always thought the goal of FFP was to keep the rich clubs rich and the poor clubs poor. Bolting the door after the horse had bolted.

MKSpur, Robbo and K.D.D.D.D.Soc like this.
  6. r-u-s-x

Stated aim - not actual aim.

7. milo

milo Tony Galvin Staff Member

I can't see a case there and or the similarities with Bosman.

8. Jordinho

Jordinho Clive Allen Staff Member

It's not a free and open market where anyone can enter. You can't just start a new club and enter any competition you want, you have to fulfil certain criteria. Rules limiting how much money can be spent are very different from a player being out of contract.

9. r-u-s-x

Me either but it is increasingly likey the route they are going down - bosman lawyer has already tried once https://www.asser.nl/SportsLaw/Blog...-the-legal-challenges-by-christopher-flanagan and it died as they were told they had to sue in Switzerland but not told he doesn't have a case.

In his complaint to the Commission, Mr Striani identified five anti-competitive effects of the Break Even Requirement:

1. It restricts external investment into football;
    2. It will have the effect of calcifying the hierarchy of the game, preventing ‘small’ clubs from competing at higher levels;
    3. It will depress the transfer market;
    4. It will depress players’ wages; and
    5. It will therefore adversely affect players’ agents’ revenue

10. glorygloryeze

glorygloryeze Paul Robinson

Reports from Italy (yeah, i know) that Pep has agreed to takeover from Allegri at Juve next season..normally i'd laugh this out of town,..but..i thought it was odd that Pep said the UEFA FFP investigations into Emirates Marketing Project "would not taint his legacy", which i though was an odd thing to say, almost like he was taking the first steps to distance himself from City and the upcoming public dirty washing of laundry..like he knows they will be found guilty...

Pep with City without an ability to either play in CL or the abilty to spend wads of cash?? No, me neither...maybe Pep to Juve is possible??

MKSpur likes this.
  11. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Justin Edinburgh

Not totally preposterous, he does seem like a really self obsessed taco that would think like that. And has bailed everytime things have got rocky.

MKSpur, galeforce and Robbo like this.
  12. Robbo

Robbo Terry Venables

How is 3 and 4 anti-competitive? If anything, lower wages and transfer fees means more teams can afford the best players.

FFP is a scam anyway. Strict limits on squad size, players on loan, wage caps and signing on fees, is the way forward for a more level playing field.

13. r-u-s-x

Anti-competitive for those selling their skills not for the game, competition law doesn't care about sporting competitvness

galeforce likes this.