• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emirates Marketing Project

Yeah, somehow that feels like their money though, like Man U. They are huge clubs and their owners are running them for profit.

it was slightly different, the glazers took on equal debt to that which they placed on united but all in was less than the value of the club which was still profitable, FSG bought Liverpool for 300m when it was 350m in debt and losing money year on year, since then they have spent a fortune on transfers, not to the level of city admittedly, but certainly at the same rate Chelsea did under the Abramovich "golden" years

I just don't see it quite as City or Chelsea standards yet. If Liverpool carry on this kind of spending year after year then I would. They sold Coutinho, Chelsea never had to sell anyone, bar Robben who they didn't seem that keen to keep.

But don't you think that Liverpool's owners main aim is to make money from the club? Unlike City and Chelsea. I see it like that but I may be wrong.

I don't know, maybe they are front loading and hoping for a huge buyout later?

It does raise the question of where they are getting the money from.

Could end up in an Everton like situation* where the expected success doesnt happen, and then they spend 5 years skint while they try and balance the books.

*Not exactly the same, but they took a loan out against season ticket income, spent it all - and didnt actually improve. Consequently they then had no money in following seasons....

Like a lot of others on here i have no time for what City have won and the way they have gone about it, i would give up the game if the same happened to our club. Sad to say i have spoken to some Spurs fans at games who want us to go down the Chelsea/City route, thankfully they seem to be in the minority.

Chelsea still have an asterisk, for me. Literally anything they have won since Abramovic gets instantly forgotten from my mind. Similarly City. I genuinely couldnt name what they have won and how many times. Its meaningless.

the issue is that its about far more than just whether chelsea, city, psg have bought the league or not. there are serious human rights issues that are in question, and quite frankly how any of the fans of those clubs can celebrate a win funded by criminal behavior is beyond me. those fans have a lot to answer for. as does the media.

because it is football, people seem to want to gloss over these issues but we've all got to be stronger as football fans and put a stand against these individuals.

the issue is that its about far more than just whether chelsea, city, psg have bought the league or not. there are serious human rights issues that are in question, and quite frankly how any of the fans of those clubs can celebrate a win funded by criminal behavior is beyond me. those fans have a lot to answer for. as does the media.

because it is football, people seem to want to gloss over these issues but we've all got to be stronger as football fans and put a stand against these individuals.

City started with Shinawatra!!!!!! A tosser and nasty man. He was, incidentally, friends with...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Almost as bad as "Visit Rwanda"

It does raise the question of where they are getting the money from.

Could end up in an Everton like situation* where the expected success doesnt happen, and then they spend 5 years skint while they try and balance the books.

*Not exactly the same, but they took a loan out against season ticket income, spent it all - and didnt actually improve. Consequently they then had no money in following seasons....

Liverpool have built their commercial revenue in similar scale as man u .. Official rice partner, official doughnut partner off the pitch management have killed it managed to monetarise their global fan base in a manner that the mancs have. Expect them to spend more not less .. Everton finances are dodgy

Can't expect fans (if you do you will be disappointed ) to be more moral than the government or public will keep on selling weapons and using peteol

Reactions: DTA
thats a f disgrace too. the temerity of a country that receives significant international aid to sponsor a football club to the tune of £30m is beyond belief
brick. Are you saying I shouldn’t have booked that family fortnight out there then? Dammit!

Back